Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithras the Unknown View Post
    Being an NRA member, I love guns and I love my 2nd Amendment right to own them. Too many people demonize the weapons themselves rather than the person using the weapon.

Why are we such a violent culture? Because we were born in violence. Our forefathers would have seen as terrorists in the eyes of the government and media today. Now, let's talk about the media. This, IMHO, is the reason why we are such a violent culture. We are okay with having graphic violence in every media outlet, but a bare breast will cause an uproar that will have the religious right blaming that for the next massacre. As has been stated in many posts in this thread, responsible gun owners shouldn't have to suffer because of people who illegally obtain the weapons to do their nefarious deeds.

There should be regulation of firearms, as there already is, but there are far too many loopholes. Gun shows come to mind. If you are purchasing from a gun show, you should have to go through the same background check that you have to when purchasing a weapon from retail outlet. This just makes sense. Also make sure that people who are looking to purchase a weapon are certified with its safe use and all gun laws.

BUT first and foremost should be that the mental health issues in this country be brought to the forefront and find ways to FIX THAT. Don't ban firearms because the people who perpetrate these crimes are unhinged people who have watched too many movies and feel that the world has slighted them in some sort of way that only they know about. Stop blaming the object. Blame the person and the society that raised that person.
    Well, I agree, we need more bare breasts in the media.

However, the last purchases I made at a gun show, I had to go through the federal background check for each purchase. Would you mind letting me know what these loopholes are, so I can possibly utilize them next time?

Also, Shoot 'em Up is the best film to show unhinged people - the level of gratuitous gun violence really helps them understand that whatever rampage they are about to embark on will only end in death. Plus, it has lactating breasts. Who doesn't love it?

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 11:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    Racist!!

The evolution of racial labels is pretty funny actually. My sweet old Great Grandmother grew up calling black people the dreaded N-word. Hey, she was from the south and born a hundred years ago. Get over it.

Then, somewhere along the way somebody apparently told her that wasn't cool anymore. Negro was the fashionable term at that time. She tried but never quite got it right. So, she referred to black people as nigras until the day she died. lol.
    She coulda gone all ancient-Roman with "n00bians".

Now where's my "racist" tag?

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 11:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post

Have you studied the relationship between current lower violent crime and afro-american rate of incarceration? Numbers say more afro-americans sent to prison causes violent crime to decrease.

So if you like to use statistics as drunks use street lamps, as long is for **** and giggles, go for it. I can play that game too. Trollshido please.
    So because i say it's due to multiple factors i'm using stats for support?
    Hahahahaa....
    Ok...

Mass killings != school shootings. Can you tell the difference?

Yep exactly, and school massacres != school shootings either.
    Note Bath Township wasn't a shooting, part of my original points which you apparently missed:
    It's less violent now than in most of our history, gun ownership is down, guns are not responsible for the most deadly of our school massacres and there is no upward trend in mass killings.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 11:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    So because i say it's due to multiple factors i'm using stats for support?
    Hahahahaa....
    Ok...
    Stats can be used to support any agenda.

Yep exactly, and school massacres != school shootings either.
    Note Bath Township wasn't a shooting, part of my original points which you apparently missed:
    It's less violent now than in most of our history, gun ownership is down, guns are not responsible for the most deadly of our school massacres and there is no upward trend in mass killings.
    Is there a trend in school massacres? Show the data so we can see if they are rising, descending or remaining stable.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 11:43am

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    Well, I agree, we need more bare breasts in the media.

However, the last purchases I made at a gun show, I had to go through the federal background check for each purchase. Would you mind letting me know what these loopholes are, so I can possibly utilize them next time?

Also, Shoot 'em Up is the best film to show unhinged people - the level of gratuitous gun violence really helps them understand that whatever rampage they are about to embark on will only end in death. Plus, it has lactating breasts. Who doesn't love it?

Gun shows in PA and VT do not require a background check, just a valid state issued ID. Face to face transfers of rifles don't require a background check either in NY at least. It is the seller's responsibility to handle this stuff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 12:17pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I've never owned a gun.

I shot one a few times but only for fun.

I don't exactly live in Beverly fucking Hills you know.

The thing about being a zealot like me is that even if all the bad guys own guns. I still won't own one.

It's a matter of principle.

Yeah everyone in my country is big on the whole gun for my protection thing. Specially lately you have no idea.

But I will never buy into this ****.

If it's your time it's your time.

If you need 10 guns in your possession to feel safe, I wonder if the problem really is the outside world.

Good thing guns are really expensive here.

That way only the rich bad guys can easily kill people, poor bad guys just have to work a little harder.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithras the Unknown View Post
    Gun shows in PA and VT do not require a background check, just a valid state issued ID. Face to face transfers of rifles don't require a background check either in NY at least. It is the seller's responsibility to handle this stuff though.
    Private gun sales, here in FL, don't require any sort of check, though it's seller's responsibility to ensure a non-criminal, eligible buyer. Didn't know about the PA/VT thing, though - I thought if you were buying a gun retail, you *had* to go through federal check, no matter where in the US you were.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 12:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Stats can be used to support any agenda.
    I have no real agenda.
    Do we need to review the whole conversation?
    You asked what we want to do about it, i said let's tackle obesity.
    You have the anti gun agenda, i merely pointed out how it should be a low priority.

Is there a trend in school massacres? Show the data so we can see if they are rising, descending or remaining stable.
    School massacres fall under violent crime, which is on a downward trend.
    If you want to split those kind of hairs that's on you.
    I've already demonstrated that guns !=school massacres.

So as i see it, we are back to looking at real risks, and again, obesity is a much, much greater threat to our population (by an order of magnitude) than shootings, much less school massacres.

It's also a much more attainable goal, having fit, healthy children (or population as it may be); rather than trying to contain every contingency a madman could come up with.

So yeah, you're the drunk stumbling in the dark, methinks, asking for such numbers in light of the big picture.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 12:43pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    If it's your time it's your time.
    I don't believe in fate. I do, however believe in the .45 ACP.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 1:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    You have the anti gun agenda
    Me having an anti-gun agenda? You are completely lost.

So yeah, you're the drunk stumbling in the dark, methinks, asking for such numbers in light of the big picture.
    Yeah, whatever.