222407 Bullies, 4745 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 4:51pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    And that doesn't make you peaceful. Now I can see what kind of a moron you are.

Do you have children? Will they bring guns to school?
    I didn't say I'm peaceful. I laughed at you for boo hooing about the dangers of life in America when you live in Serbia of all places. Haha.

Yes, I have children.

Will they bring guns to school? Well, of course not. It isn't allowed. What kind of stupid question is that?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 4:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    You inferred and are refuting an argument I didn't make. It was a really simple point - the Chinese kids are alive where the American ones are dead because the assailant had a knife, not a gun. If you're unwilling or unable to even acknowledge the point that guns are more dangerous in the hands of lunatics than knives, well there really isn't much point in carrying on the discussion.
    Apologies if I'm refuting an argument you didn't make. Yes, guns are more deadly than knives. Yes they're more dangerous in the hands of lunatics. I didn't argue otherwise. In fact I didn't mention knives at all. You're making assumptions about my position on that point, so we'll call it even.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 5:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're unwilling or unable to even acknowledge the point that guns are more dangerous in the hands of lunatics than knives, well there really isn't much point in carrying on the discussion.
    Taking your ball and going home much? And I disagree completely (in context):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean, for one. And like I said before. It's conjecture, completely. Those two mass (one attempted) murderers were in no way shape or form identical in their approach, effectiveness, or intent. Comparing one shooting to another is apples and oranges.

Saying knives overall are less deadly than guns? That has some merit. Just solidifies my earlier point though about criminals illegally acquiring the guns anyway.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    I didn't say I'm peaceful. I laughed at you for boo hooing about the dangers of life in America when you live in Serbia of all places. Haha.
    Your first comment aimed at me implied that the US is more peaceful than my country. It obviously is not. No mass shootings here. Murders are not common.

And you are the one that is afraid of life in America, not me. I don't think I would be a walking armory if I lived there.

Yes, I have children.

Will they bring guns to school? Well, of course not. It isn't allowed. What kind of stupid question is that?
    So you feel the need to have weapons at the ready at all times, but you let the most vulnerable members of your family spend the most of their day unprotected.

How does that make you feel?

What are their chances to survive against a serious attacker?

At what age do you think you will arm them? When they start going out at night? 14 years old? 16?

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 5:04pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're making assumptions about my position on that point, so we'll call it even.
    Probably. It was Nutcracker who responded to my original point with some nonsense about value systems, may have confused the two of you.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 5:12pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    Your first comment aimed at me implied that the US is more peaceful than my country. It obviously is not. No mass shootings here. Murders are not common.

And you are the one that is afraid of life in America, not me. I don't think I would be a walking armory if I lived there.

So you feel the need to have weapons at the ready at all times, but you let the most vulnerable members of your family spend the most of their day unprotected.

How does that make you feel?

What are their chances to survive against a serious attacker?

At what age do you think you will arm them? When they start going out at night? 14 years old? 16?
    Oh, you thought I was inferring that your country isn't peaceful just because you got shelled every day when you were a kid? Absolutely not! Shellings are perfectly routine occurrences in any civilized nation.

It's common for people to misinterpret preparedness as fear. I am not afraid. At least not any more than a healthy person should be. I have fears but fear is not what motivates me to be armed. Logic and awareness motivates me to be armed.

I live in a great place. Safer than most. But one day I could be visited by violence. If so, I will do my best to make it my little Serbian bitch.

Of course I worry about the safety of my kids. Do you have kids? If so, don't you worry about them? If not, don't you think you would if you had them? If not, I'd say you're a pretty **** parent.

They will be armed as soon as it is legal for them to do so. We are law abiding citizens.

You ask really easy questions.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 5:30pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, you thought I was inferring that your country isn't peaceful just because you got shelled every day when you were a kid? Absolutely not! Shellings are perfectly routine occurrences in any civilized nation.
    Yeah, the thing is that I am not a kid. It was 20 years ago.

And I find it hard not to laugh at your comments about shellings. Do you believe that civilized nations should shell others? You do know that there are wars going on right now, and it doesn't really have anything to do with how civilized somebody is?

I live in a great place. Safer than most. But one day I could be visited by violence. If so, I will do my best to make it my little Serbian bitch.

They will be armed as soon as it is legal for them to do so. We are law abiding citizens.
    A suburban Rambo. I knew it.

Are you content with the current legal age limit on guns? Would you like to see it changed?

I would say that the boogeyman is already making you his bitch.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 5:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which brings us to another reason foreigners resent American gun owners in addition to feeling like they're the short guy in the room. It makes us happy, and they don't like us to be happy about something they can't have.
    *looks toward cupboard containing perfectly-legal-in-Canada properly-locked 10-ga. and 3-ought, along with separately-stored shells and rounds*

****. I can't have these?

Um, uh-oh...

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 5:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand your question.
    You wrote there are more reasonable and effective responses available. What are you waiting to implement them?

This is not the first nor the second massacre of this kind in your country. What do you need for these more reasonable and effective measures available to be adopted? Another one? Three more?

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those interested in seeing more gun control in America, I'm curious if you're also as vociferously interested in better knife control in China. Attacks on schoolchildren seem to happen frequently, there, and they don't always survive:
    In 2010, a total of 18 children were killed in four separate attacks. On March 23 of that year, Zheng Minsheng attacked children at an elementary school in Fujian Province, killing eight.

One month later, just a few hours after Zheng Minsheng was executed for his crime, another man, Chen Kanbing wounded 16 students and a teacher in a knife attack at another primary school in Fujian. The following month, on May 12, a man named Wu Huangming killed seven children and two adults with a meat cleaver at a kindergarten in Shaanxi Province. That attack was followed by an August 4 assault by Fang Jiantang, who killed three children and one teacher with a knife at a kindergarten in Shandong Province.

In 2011, a young girl and three adults were killed with an axe at an elementary school in Henan Province by a 30-year-old man named Wang Hongbin, and eight children were hurt in Shanghai after an employee at a child care center attacked them with a box cutter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...es-23-injured/
    Like I said, evil is intent; implementation is just gory details.
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast