Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 6:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm hoping they are lying about turning this into three movies. It is visually stunning, you can see the upgrades in the go;em animation, but you begin to feel the sttttttrrrrreeeeeeeetttttttttccccccccchhhhhh as you watch.

I'm going to see it in HFR sometime this week.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three movies, 19 chapters...I guess 6-9 chapters per movie depending on where each movie ends/begins.

If I took another guess it's be the finding of the ring, finding Lonely Mountain and the fight against Smaug, and the Battle of the Five armies and return home as the three major plots.

However...I read somewhere that other stories, only eluded to in main story and detailed in the Appendices, will be included such as the battle of Dol Guldur and the ousting of the Necromancer (who turns out to be...)...my guess is these will be Gandalf's flashbacks similar to how they did it in LOTR.

This should be really cool since it means Jackson is not so much filming the Hobbit as getting to further explore the much larger Tolkien legendarium.

I'm biased of course. He could make twenty movies I would see em all.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/16/2012 6:51pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 6:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no reason to make the smallest book into a trilogy. You feel it as there are points when you are thinking wtf?

Your break down makes little sense because that will not help the first movie at all.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 6:57pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    There is no reason to make the smallest book into a trilogy. You feel it as there are points when you are thinking wtf?

Your break down makes little sense because that will not help the first movie at all.
    There is a lot of material to mine out of the Appendices, for "padding". Expect many extra minutes, and ultimately, a 10 hour DVD Special Edition.

The franchise has already made billions, much of which will be invested in making as many movies as possible which will churn more more billions.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:01pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/16/2012 7:04pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I am a Tolkien nerd, so I can envision my favorite book having TONS of source material when it really doesn't.
    Okay. The first movie is too long, I can wait for two and three. I didn't feel that way with the other three.
    The franchise has already made billions, much of which will be invested in making as many movies as possible which will churn more more billions.
    Red herring.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Revenge!" he snorted, and the light of his eyes lit the the hall from floor to ceiling like scarlet lightning. "Revenge! The King under the Mountain is dead and where are his kin that dare seek revenge? Girion Lord of Dale is dead, and I have eaten his people like a wolf among sheep, and where are his sons' sons that dare approach me? I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. Then I was but young and tender. Now I am old and strong, strong strong. Thief in the Shadows!" he gloated. "My armour is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!"

"I have always understood," said Bilbo in a frightened squeak, "that dragons were softer underneath, especially in the region of the-er-chest; but doubtless one so fortified has thought of that."

The dragon stopped short in his boasting. "Your information is antiquated," he snapped. "I am armoured above and below with iron scales and hard gems. No blade can pierce me."

"I might have guessed it," said Bilbo. "Truly there can; nowhere be found the equal of Lord Smaug the Impenetrable. What magnificence to possess a waistcoat of fine diamonds!"

"Yes, it is rare and wonderful, indeed," said Smaug absurdly pleased. He did not know that the hobbit had already caught a glimpse of his peculiar under-covering on his previous visit, and was itching for a closer view for reasons of his own. The dragon rolled over. "Look!" he said. "What do you say to that?"

"Dazzlingly marvellous! Perfect! Flawless! Staggering!" exclaimed Bilbo aloud, but what he thought inside was: "Old fool! Why there is a large patch in the hollow of his left breast as bare as a snail out of its shell!"
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/16/2012 7:21pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'm hoping they are lying about turning this into three movies. It is visually stunning, you can see the upgrades in the go;em animation, but you begin to feel the sttttttrrrrreeeeeeeetttttttttccccccccchhhhhh as you watch.
    I read today that the third film will largely be a bridge between The Hobbit and LOTR, comprised of the aforementioned appendices.

Fucking A though... couldn't find time for The Scouring of the Shire, but they're going to milk a 300 page fairy story to nine hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 3:26am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 6:37pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That house is absolutely stunning. Haven't seen the hobbit yet because its hard for me to find a nice 3 hour hole in my busy schedule but I am really looking forward to seeing it. I'm going to be slightly sad the first movie sucks though, I just have a bad feeling that it is going to feel long and drawn out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12