Style
    ITF
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A question about TaeKwonDo Theory

I was wondering for when you learn theory do you learn the theory for the belt you are now or the belt you are going for?

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. A theory test is taken in order to advance to the next gup level. The student should already know the theory and techniques for their current level.

The belt colors (and their meanings), history, tenets, the targets, and meaning of Tae Kwon Do are all included in theory. I hope this helps.

Last edited by slamdunc; 12/15/2012 3:53pm at .

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    ITF
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It kinda does but Im still a bit confused, Im a green belt going for my blue tip, do I learn the theory for the green belt or blue belt?

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara102 View Post
    It kinda does but Im still a bit confused, Im a green belt going for my blue tip, do I learn the theory for the green belt or blue belt?
    You should have already tested out on the green and now working on blue. When I was going through the gup levels, the tabs were intermediate grades. We could complete the theory and technique portions early on and earn the tab. After meeting the time in grade requirement, we tested out for the next belt.

Granted, that was thirty years ago, I assume it still works pretty much the same way.
    You may want to check the TKD section on this board; a lot of those members are current with their Korean stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    ITF
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its pretty much the same now, I just couldnt remember since my last grading was different due to certain circumstances and this one will be a normal one again and I didnt get tested on theory in my last one since it was different and thanks for the help