Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 4:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bah, adding that one last weapon but taking away more than half of the other weapons isn't exactly an improvement.

But thx.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    Oh absolutely.

Offtopic, can you imagine how much more aweome MMA would be with headbutts? I long for that day.
    Just in case you're not kidding, you really don't want those to return. 1 headbutt = facial cut = match ended by boring TKO by ringside doctor without the victor having done any real fight-ending damage to his opponent.

There were some pretty glorious headbutts in olden tyme UFC, though. I couldn't find the clip, but I especially remember that time a wrestler chap in American Flag trunks murdered his grappling-challenged opponent with six or seven unanswered headbutts from mount.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 4:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Just in case you're not kidding, you really don't want those to return. 1 headbutt = facial cut = match ended by boring TKO by ringside doctor without the victor having done any real fight-ending damage to his opponent.
    I'm not kidding. I also KNOW that 1 headbutt =/= facial cut. Elbows cut way more, but they are allowed no problem.

I know that what you say is also the reason UFC gave when they banned it. But let's be real here, it's cause they look so effing STREET THUG VIOLENT.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I like headbutts, but I understand that they're not a magic tool compared to other striking tools.
    If they were, Bernard Hopkins would have been Ray Robinson, Rocky Marciano, and Earnie Shavers all rolled into one.

Also,

I like headbutts
    Thanks, now I have Sir Mix-A-Lot running through my head.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 6:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give him props for exploring the HKE options as low commitment / training time techniques that deliver a lot of hurt on target that can be used even by the weak or infirm.

Also, for the hair. Love the hair. I haven't seen a rocker mullet that majestic since Metalica cut their locks. It's beautiful. Feathered, regal, deadly. Like a mighty eagle poised to take flight. Noice.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 6:02pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -the way he cocks back his head before assaulting that melon is pretty much not how you want to start a headbutt. If someone rocks back like that at me they're getting hit or shoved in their compromised position, or they're gonna end up crashing their face on my hairline when their cue makes me tuck my chin.
    The irony is he doesn't teach headbutting the same way he squashed the melon.

Don't ask me why. I don't know. Ok, I know, but it's already been said in this thread.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 6:03pm

supporting memberstaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, headbutts can certainly end fights. I recall an old NHB fight ending when a guy in top mount pinned down the other guy's hands and headbutted his way to victory. My objection is how Vunak emphasizes, complete with dramatic pauses and intense glares, that a headbutt is something you don't recover from etc etc. It doesn't always end fights. Hell, I'd say it usually doesn't work like an off switch unless done without warning before a fight starts.

I like headbutts, but I understand that they're not a magic tool compared to other striking tools.
    He's selling a product to a specific audience to make lots of money he can burn on a specific product, and he has always been a masterful salesman.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 6:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That doesn't sound very... ethical.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 6:10pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    That doesn't sound very... ethical.
    I can't believe you're this naive.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    The irony is he doesn't teach headbutting the same way he squashed the melon.
    I figured as much, what with the JKD and all.

Don't ask me why. I don't know. Ok, I know, but it's already been said in this thread.
    Because the undercover lizard men have slower reaction times but take more impact to incapacitate?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast