Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 2:16pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incredible how such a simple question as "who did you learn from and what are your qualifications?" can lead to the same list of straw man and diversionary arguments every time. Always by the playbook. Unbelievable.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 2:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwarte Piet View Post
    Incredible how such a simple question as "who did you learn from and what are your qualifications?" can lead to the same list of straw man and diversionary arguments every time. Always by the playbook. Unbelievable.
    You just don't understand semantics, honor, English interpretations for Chinese words, respect and fake usernames.

I won't mention that TGF and Shifu aren't real names, but that isn't the point.

Go read the MABS thread for more logical fallacies.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 2:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    Credibility? Accreditation?

I can only guess what it must be like for you guys as I don't know. Here in Oz, the emphasis is not on who taught you or who signed a piece of paper but on what you teach and how you teach it.

I've been involved in the Martial Arts for over 41 years now and I cannot think of one occasion that anyone who has came to my school to learn has ever asked me "Who" taught me and what "Rank" I have! Never! They have far more interest in does what I teach have merit? Does it work? Does it make sense? Will it benefit them?
    This is just mind blowing. People in Australia don't care about qualifications! I never knew that. In 41 years nobody ever asked you about who you learned from and what your qualifications are? I call BS. I don't know a single martial arts instructor that has not been asked these questions.

Last edited by sambosteve; 12/15/2012 2:34pm at . Reason: *posted a vid that won't appear
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 2:52pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 3:04pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read the other thread...LOL. This whole thing smells like this:

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 3:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been reading his internet footprints since he hopped into the MABS thread. WOW.

Dude is hilarious and LOVES to drop the "I've been in MA for 41 years" all over the place.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 3:22pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    A research Institute that does no research? A teacher who he's never met? No wonder he is defending Kerim Schaber.

Karim and shifu should join second life where they can play martial arts all day without any bother from people with basic, honest questions.

More Westerners ripping off the Chinese:

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 6:12am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwarte Piet View Post
    This is just mind blowing. People in Australia don't care about qualifications! I never knew that. In 41 years nobody ever asked you about who you learned from and what your qualifications are? I call BS. I don't know a single martial arts instructor that has not been asked these questions.
    Note he's operating in a small rural town which, if he's been part of the community long enough, means he's more likely to be taken at his word. Still, country folk aren't known for being backwards about being forward.

Also, been busy so haven't got around to reading his 2006 thread but the ridiculous sounding martial arts body that conferred his 9th duan grandmastership only seems to appear where Ron has mentioned them (in English at least).
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 8:39am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you click the second link I provided, it shows you how they give the rank and how much it costs. Even in a small town I believe someone asked him those "bio" question at some point.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:21pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I've been reading his internet footprints since he hopped into the MABS thread. WOW.

Dude is hilarious and LOVES to drop the "I've been in MA for 41 years" all over the place.
    Have you noticed that the timeframes and date ranges change as well?

I'm going to enjoy my time off over the next few months, I think I have a decent handle on investigative procedures now.

Australian martial (bullshit) artists might do well to know they are on notice. The final frontier for fraud in the martial arts needs a sheriff, you can call me Seth Bullock.

PS, yes, I've just finished a Deadwood marathon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast