Administrator

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:08am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Presenting information /= culpability spin. You are doing to me exactly what you are accusing me of doing to Larry.
    Nope.
    Really?

You went to meet him, he gave you information, you apologized, asked for the thread to be deleted and then restarted an "investigation."

I am not spinning anything you've done, it is all backed up by your own words.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:25am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Sifu Rice At A Glance

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You went to meet him, he gave you information, you apologized, asked for the thread to be deleted and then restarted an "investigation."

I am not spinning anything you've done, it is all backed up by your own words.
    Two points:
    1. I asked for the Baby Mama thread to be removed. Nothing else. I told you I don't remember asking about Wing Chun Sparring being deleted. So kindly put up or shut up as I asked you to do before.

2. Assume that I did ask for Wing chun sparring to be deleted and then started an "investigation". So? First off it was never deleted which would give all the more reason to have those issues cleared up. Secondly, I have stated multiple times I would not be upset in the slightest if Larry's claims are 110% fact. I am fact checking now, but this is part of something else.

If you just want to continue to play pedant, refer to what I said to Nutcracker because this back and forth is getting old.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously myself and at least a few others were "uneasy" at what I had found and felt it should be looked at. It's not like anyone came on here starting a smear campaign.

Uneasy?
    Found?
    You haven't found ****.
    No one is uneasy.
    Your attempted smear campaign is obvious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:30am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess it isn't clear to me at this point, in light of your responses, what the investigation is for, itwasntme. I was hoping that there was something worth pursuing here and that people were being unfair, but it seems as though you are insisting on this to save face rather than because you have any reason to suspect Mr. Rice of any wrongdoing or even to regard any of his claims as questionable or in need of support.

Given that Mr. Rice isn't teaching BJJ or even offering to teach BJJ at his school, so far as any evidence goes, what is the point of investigating whether he has a BJJ belt that no one has claimed he has? If you do contact Rickson Gracie, it is absolutely imperative that you make it clear that your questions are not based on any claim made by Mr. Rice. Not to address that question would be to unfairly leave the impression that Mr. Rice had made claims that you really don't know whether he made.

Apart from the points that Rivington made about this, it could easily be that Mr. Rice mentioned meeting Rickson Gracie, or attending a seminar or demonstration, etc., and that the student thought that exaggerating this would impress people on a site that is big on MMA, BJJ, and Gracies. Or, the student could have misunderstood, or been lying to you, or ... various other possibilities that people have pointed out.

As to the claim that Mr Rice had a "respectable" record (per the student) or has had "hundreds" of fights (per his web bio), given that neither source claims that these are sanctioned fights and that hard sparring can legitimately be called "fighting," there isn't really anything to investigate. Given that Mr. Rice's disciplines include Muay Thai, for example, it would be surprising if that alone didn't involve many fights.

At any rate, it isn't clear to me what the point of this is. The BJJ issue is moot since he doesn't teach BJJ (or if he does, he does so secretly and without telling prospective students that it is available) and the fight claims are reasonable enough that it isn't clear why one would challenge them.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:31am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two points:
    1. I asked for the Baby Mama thread to be removed. Nothing else. I told you I don't remember asking about Wing Chun Sparring being deleted. So kindly put up or shut up as I asked you to do before.
    I addressed this red herring and quoted you, you dumb ****.

2. Assume that I did ask for Wing chun sparring to be deleted and then started an "investigation". So? First off it was never deleted which would give all the more reason to have those issues cleared up. Secondly, I have stated multiple times I would not be upset in the slightest if Larry's claims are 110% fact. I am fact checking now, but this is part of something else.

If you just want to continue to play pedant, refer to what I said to Nutcracker because this back and forth is getting old.

You really are a dipshit.
    I feel fucking soiled just trying to make sense of your bullshit.
    None of your issues are going to be cleared up by an investigation.
    I'm thinking more lobotomy, or ECT.
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 12/14/2012 11:37am at .

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That doesn't mean I have a torch and a pitchfork, I was merely asking for information and displaying what I have found.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:39am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two points:
    1. I asked for the Baby Mama thread to be removed. Nothing else. I told you I don't remember asking about Wing Chun Sparring being deleted.
    Okay, time to merge both threads.

So kindly put up or shut up as I asked you to do before.
    I already TOLD YOUR DUMBASS that CPF quoted you from that thread. I even EXPLAINED how to read the quote directly from that thread. Put up? How about you smarten the **** up? Nevermind

2. Assume that I did ask for Wing chun sparring to be deleted and then started an "investigation". So?
    It has the appearnce of a VENDETTA. You know one of those things that is discussed in the rules you have read. Remeber that part where it says avoid bias or the appearacne of vendetta? Oh wait you summarized all of that section to mean "3rd party information is valid" or something similar.

First off it was never deleted which would give all the more reason to have those issues cleared up.
    Wait, in the same thread didn't you intimate that your questions were answered? So you had more, went to talk to the guy and forgot? Wow.

Secondly, I have stated multiple times I would not be upset in the slightest if Larry's claims are 110% fact. I am fact checking now, but this is part of something else.
    Yet, you started a thread to bitch and lecture that was moved to trollshido.

LOL.. Says the pretend pedant complaining about going in circles.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was too tired last night, but this morning I'm looking into the Rickson claim like Sam Browning said to do. I haven't found a direct method of contact yet, but I did find a site with belt holders where Larry's name is not mentioned.

http://www.gracieacademy.com/belt_holders_rank.asp
    Nobody, not even SonofRex, claimed that Rice had any sort of rank in BJJ.

So why even bother looking up the beltholder list? Why bother posting it, as though it means something, since zero people on this planet have made the claim that Rice has BJJ rank under anyone?

Easy—its insinuation. Maybe readers will skim and confuse some issues, and then come away thinking that Rice is a fraud. That'll teach him for not talking to the kid who took a couple of lessons, decided that the school wasn't teaching anything useful based on some stuff he read on the Internet, and then decided he wanted to check out the instructor's bona fides.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:51am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was too tired last night, but this morning I'm looking into the Rickson claim like Sam Browning said to do. I haven't found a direct method of contact yet, but I did find a site with belt holders where Larry's name is not mentioned.

http://www.gracieacademy.com/belt_holders_rank.asp...

Oh the Gracie Academy database?
    Hahahahahaaaaa!

You realize Rickson's not on there either, yes?
    Fucking dipshit.

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Rickson has made dubious claims about his fight record! 400-0! To MABS!
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast