Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 7:01pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    You must be referring to Rice's biography. Except that it doesn't say what you say it does.

The bio doesn't say that Rice completed all belt tests under Chai, it says:

"Sifu Rice also spent these years training in Muay Thai under Master Chai, performing and passing all belt tests at Smoky Mountain Camp."

It's an awkward construction, typical of the bad copywriting on martial arts websites, but the sentence seems to be saying that during the Smoky Mountain Camp years, Rice did two things: he studied MT under Chai, and passed all the belt tests at SMC.

Nor does Rice claim to have passed all the tests in a week. Rather, he passed them during series of week-long seminars held over the course of six years. The site—which contra itwasntme's claims—doesn't just have a scan of a flyer for the seminar—explains this:

"At Sifu Payne’s infamous Great Smoky Mountain Camp (1985-90)"

and links to an article about the camp that describes the camp's improvement and expansion "[w]ith each passing year".

So, Rice attended several of these seminars and over the course of the years performed and passed various belt tests. That he did them all in one week is something itwasntme, the so-called investigator, manufactured, because he couldn't be bothered to a) read the site of the man he was investigating or b) click on the link embedded on the site to learn a little more about the seminar series.

YMAS please.
    Again, this was why I was asking.

I'm glad that was cleared up.

The only remaining claim was:
    "Sifu is one of only two Americans that Punung-Guru Galo Lalic ever chose to teach outside the family lineage."

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 7:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Again, this was why I was asking.
    MABS is not for remedial English instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme
    The only remaining claim was:
    "Sifu is one of only two Americans that Punung-Guru Galo Lalic ever chose to teach outside the family lineage."
    Wow, so you're really going for it, eh? Good, this will prove that you're only doing all of this to get Rice's attention for some creepy reason of your own. You all but admit in your OP that the PDF you linked to doesn't say anything that counters Rice's claim:

Among other places, he was stated to have traveled the West Coast to see his brother while sharing his knowledge.

Now "sharing his knowledge" is a very odd way to put "teaching other Americans his martial art", but it makes sense that you'd use such phrasing, since the linked-to PDF doesn't actually contradict anything Rice claimed. In fact, it says:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 4.15.09 PM.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	14191

So, which other Americans did Lalic teach? Zero point zero zero. He performed some demonstrations in several American states. Believe it or not, attending a demo and sharing one's thoughts doesn't actually rise to the level of becoming some teacher's student. Otherwise, every human being that ever went to go see a Lunar New Year parade in Chinatown is a student of the lion dance and any number of gongfu styles. Anyone who wandered by any park in the morning and stopped to look at the old ladies waving their arms and dipping at the hips are students of taiji now.

Forget YMAS, this thread belongs in Trollshido.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 7:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MABS is not for remedial English instruction.

Wow, so you're really going for it, eh? Good, this will prove that you're only doing all of this to get Rice's attention for some creepy reason of your own. You all but admit in your OP that the PDF you linked to doesn't say anything that counters Rice's claim:

Among other places, he was stated to have traveled the West Coast to see his brother while sharing his knowledge.

Now "sharing his knowledge" is a very odd way to put "teaching other Americans his martial art", but it makes sense that you'd use such phrasing, since the linked-to PDF doesn't actually contradict anything Rice claimed. In fact, it says:

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 4.15.09 PM.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	14191

So, which other Americans did Lalic teach? Zero point zero zero. He performed some demonstrations in several American states. Believe it or not, attending a demo and sharing one's thoughts doesn't actually rise to the level of becoming some teacher's student. Otherwise, every human being that ever went to go see a Lunar New Year parade in Chinatown is a student of the lion dance and any number of gongfu styles. Anyone who wandered by any park in the morning and stopped to look at the old ladies waving their arms and dipping at the hips are students of taiji now.

Forget YMAS, this thread belongs in Trollshido.
    I took that to mean seminars when I have seen Americans talk about training with Guro Lalic on other forums.

Your bit about seeking Larry's attention is ridiculous. There's already a Trollshido thread for that.

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 7:42pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took that to mean seminars when I have seen Americans talk about training with Guro Lalic on other forums.
    Attending a seminar doesn't qualify the attendee as a student of the teacher either. Just a month or so ago I attended a seminar held by Chen Xiang. He even touched me, and told me stuff, like "Slow, slow." I would never call myself a student based on that single seminar experience, and were I his student I wouldn't consider seminar attendees to be his students.

Your bit about seeking Larry's attention is ridiculous. There's already a Trollshido thread for that.
    You do not have the moral standing to say what is and what is not ridiculous. Not after this avalanche of bullshit. Get off Rice's dick already. Post less. Get a job. Change your daughter's diaper. Shut the hell up and think before you type next time, you goddamned moron.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 8:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Guro Lalic has indeed taught other Americans.

Name:	kalintaw1edit.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	14192

Name:	kalintaw1a.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	14193

I'll go back through some other stuff I found in a bit, but I seem to recall talk of repeated training. It's not like you or me have all the answers, that was the purpose of this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 8:05pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, either you're not or the woman with whom you have a child isn't. Or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    C'mon, you're in COLLEGE now!

Says the booted from the service, trouble with the law, baby mammma drama whore.
    Holy **** man. You share too much.

These guys have the upper hand on you when bickering because of that.

What you don't think any of them have erectile disfunctions or their wife left them for another woman? Or they gambled away all their savings? Or they got fired from their jobs for being incompetent? Or lost their kid in the subway? Or even all of the above?

They know about your failures so they can use them against you, you don't know about theirs.

Stay anonymous man this is the internet, you ain't gonna get much useful advice if you post your story here anyway. Try maybe asking your friends or family.

You're just going to find a lot of piss-taking and distasteful comments online.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Be cool and be careful what you say.

Noone's better than you although they make it seem like the case.

...And you seem to be buying it.

Everyone has their insecurities and their mistakes.

Everyone here just happens to know about yours.

Just be cool man.

I know that was a long time ago but **** I noticed that everytime you bicker with someone or similar you get this **** back in your face.

Very...dishonorable. To bring someones failures to their face at every opportunity.

I guess this is offtopic but we're in trollshido anyway.

Good luck with your investigation man I hope your questions are answered.

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 8:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Guro Lalic has indeed taught other Americans.

Name:	kalintaw1edit.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	14192

Name:	kalintaw1a.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	14193
    Training for a couple of weeks hardly counts either. Rice explicitly mentions "closed door" systems and such, which doesn't happen after two weeks.

And that's even assuming that a) "Bill" is telling the truth and b) that "Bill" didn't take his training sometime after Rice put up his website* and c) that "Bill" isn't the second American referred to by Rice and d) that "Bill" is American.

*Believe it or not, Rice isn't obligated to set up a series of Google Alerts in order to find out if someone else from the US trained with this guy, and then change his website to read "One of only three, no, uh...four, well four and a half because that guy was only in town for a week" etc etc.

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 8:10pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So let's see if I understand what is going on.

A previous poster named "Son of Rex" says Rice told him "________________"

This was a lie because "________________________"

Rex will not elaborate or provide any more details. True False

You have not yet talked to Rice to see if he admits or denies he said "_____________"

You do not have any other evidence through social media, websites, etc that Rice claimed "_________________"

Okay, while it is true we consider verbal statements made to third parties, its the weakest form of evidence one can use. So if you want to be taking seriously you need to find more support, otherwise Rice says "I never said it" and the investigation goes no further.

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 8:13pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Or lost their kid in the subway?
    Oh no, I forgot about Harvey!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 8:17pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " I'm pretty sure SoR and/or Larry's wife manage his site", " I felt it was implied", " I took that to mean"," I seem to recall"... this is some of the vaguest nonsense I've ever read on Bullshido. Dude, you've got nothing more than supposed statements from an alleged student and have apparently made no effort to get straight answers from the man himself (and no, sending Sifu Rice an email to let him know you've already called him out is NOT due diligence). This isn't just a witch hunt, it's an incompetent one.
    Last edited by dougguod; 12/13/2012 8:22pm at .
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast