Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Why are you so preoccupied with Larry Rice?
    Preoccupied with him? No. I found claims, plural, made on his website that made me feel like he has over embellished his resume. I looked into them and felt they needed further attention. The only things that didn't come from his website are the part about BJJ and him being a corner man/referee.

Larry dropped contact with me when he found out I checked his certifications. I emailed him an exact copy of the thread but I have no easy means of contacting him short of trespassing on his property.

Investigations are a negative thing (different than "bad")—did you read the MABS sticky? MABS is supposed to investigate alleged wrongdoing; it's not a generic measure of quality. The school review section is supposed to fulfill that purpose.

People can only be held accountable to a) things they say and b) things they do. You're attempting to hold Rice accountable to something a supposed student of his said about him instead. Do you have any evidence at all that Rice claims to be a student of Rickson Gracie? In the newspaper business, reporters generally need a corroborating source in the case of individual eyewitness claims or testimony, or some material source. Say a website, or an old forum post by Rice, or a flyer. That sort of thing?

Got anything like that?
    Nope. Which is why I put it in the form of a question instead if saying "Larry claims this, that, and the other."

Why are you stuck on the BJJ part? It is not the pillar of my investigation nor the only part.

Is that some sort of tough-guy talk?
    Why do you ask? You're not second guessing your comments now are you?

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    The fact that I have a relationship history puts me leagues ahead of you.
    That's pretty weak.
    C'mon, you're in COLLEGE now!

It is nice you can at least admit you were trolling MABS, maybe you're not a complete sack of **** like I thought. Nah, you are.
    Trolling?
    Not really, my mockery is truthful.
    Sack of ****?
    Says the booted from the service, trouble with the law, baby mammma drama whore.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:41pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    ^^^This is called addition by subtraction. You are trying to make it more relevant (ADDITION) by saying "discount this portion (SUBTRACT) and the thread is okay."
    This is the last time I'm going to address this, so I hope you can get it through your head.

I think my entire thread is damn good. I think they are important questions regardless of who claimed what. I even had my thread proofread by a senior mod. You don't like it? I get that, but you **** in a thread in a serious forum to get at me? That's what your responses make it seem like to me anyway.

Now, the next time you **** in another person's thread, I'll remember your hypocrisy.
    Last I checked I never **** in someone's thread that was in a serious forum.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would also like to add that statements made by third parties are completely valid forms of evidence according to MABS guidelines.

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Preoccupied with him? No.
    Yes.

I found claims, plural, made on his website that made me feel like he has over embellished his resume.
    How much embellishment is not over-embellishment?

I looked into them and felt they needed further attention. The only things that didn't come from his website are the part about BJJ and him being a corner man/referee.
    Two major major things.

Larry dropped contact with me when he found out I checked his certifications. I emailed him an exact copy of the thread but I have no easy means of contacting him short of trespassing on his property.
    Right. So as I had suspected, the MABS thread is a way for you to compel him to talk to you again. So, I'll ask my question again: Why are you preoccupied with him? Note, that you are preoccupied is a given.

Why are you stuck on the BJJ part? It is not the pillar of my investigation nor the only part.
    Because you are attempting to hold a man accountable to claims about him made by a third party. Which, as I mentioned in my very first post, would be a great way for a troll to annoy people. Come on here, pretend to be a student of Instructor X, and say "X told me that he did ABC!" Then some dipshit says, "ABC! I'd better get to the bottom of this! To MABS, without a bit of evidence!"

Why do you ask? You're not second guessing your comments now are you?
    I asked if your last bit was some tough-guy talk because if it was, I was going to suggest we get to the bit where you sorta-kinda make a fight challenge and then when I say "Okay, let me know when you're next in the California Bay Area" you go on to describe your injury, your poverty, and your family obligations as reasons why you sadly cannot travel to kick my ass but surely would beat me up if I ever ended up in whatever chockful-of-snore one-gas-station town you live in.

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would also like to add that statements made by third parties are completely valid forms of evidence according to MABS guidelines.
    From the Guidelines:

Newspaper Article documenting investigation and / or arrest.
    Newspaper article discussing wrongdoing.
    Videotape of wrong doing
    Court case number which resulted from such behavior.
    Police Report
    Affidavit by victim or eyewitness
    Email/facebook page, social media showing he claims he's a 10th degree Black belt in BJJ
    You, the poster say that you have SEEN such conduct, and are willing to provide such an affidavit.
    You are posting using your real name and commenting on things you have personally SEEN not what you have heard second or third hand.

Please post a scan of the affidavit from SonofRex.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    You certainly implicated yourself here:
    Maybe you should stick to what you know. The thread I asked to be deleted was the Baby Mama Drama thread. Whatever conclusions you drew from what I said are neither here nor there.

and the retraction from your other post:
    And this means what, exactly? I was sorry for the words I said without even knowing the guy. That doesn't mean I necessarily believed the rest of the claims I saw about him.

You're a dumb ****.
    Likewise.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the last time I'm going to address this
    How about you address this bullshit:
    Show me where I asked for "Wing chun sparring" top be removed. Did I PM you? Did I post it on the thread?
    Yeah.

I think my entire thread is damn good.
    When has this EVER changed?

I think they are important questions regardless of who claimed what.
    If you say so, I didn't comment when you first posted.

I even had my thread proofread by a senior mod.
    You do know senior mods disagree? You do know that they approve things that get moved?
    You saw two were disagreeing in that very thread. One said he didn't read the How to Investigation link.
    You don't like it? I get that, but you **** in a thread in a serious forum to get at me? That's what your responses make it seem like to me anyway.
    Please get your lies straight. WAS the thread left in MABS? Yes. Did I respond to you? Nope, I argued with OMEGA not you. I left that shitty thread in MABS. If I was going to get at you, I would have ripped your **** apart, quoted your apology, moved it to trollshido and discussed it with the Mod in question. Hell, I addressed OMEGA without naming you or your thread.

Last I checked I never **** in someone's thread that was in a serious forum.
    "Last you checked" has been addressed by CPF.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/13/2012 5:56pm at .

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe you should stick to what you know. The thread I asked to be deleted was the Baby Mama Drama thread. Whatever conclusions you drew from what I said are neither here nor there.
    Yes and "Wing chun sparring" was YOUR red herring.
    Fake said:

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, you need to take a good look at your bullshit. You apologized, asked for a thread TO BE REMOVED and then restarted it based on the words of a student....

My position simply ignores your logical fallacy.

And this means what, exactly? I was sorry for the words I said without even knowing the guy. That doesn't mean I necessarily believed the rest of the claims I saw about him.
    No, it shows you may yet have a vendetta.

Likewise.

No, again, i'm no schoolmate of yours.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 6:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right. So as I had suspected, the MABS thread is a way for you to compel him to talk to you again. So, I'll ask my question again: Why are you preoccupied with him? Note, that you are preoccupied is a given.
    As I already stated, this would be a way for Larry to either "clear the air" or the rest of us figure out what we can about this. What other purpose is there for an investigation?

Because you are attempting to hold a man accountable to claims about him made by a third party. Which, as I mentioned in my very first post, would be a great way for a troll to annoy people. Come on here, pretend to be a student of Instructor X, and say "X told me that he did ABC!" Then some dipshit says, "ABC! I'd better get to the bottom of this! To MABS, without a bit of evidence!"
    I'm attempting to hold him accountable by asking him questions when I purposely didn't use the words "Larry claimed" in my entire post? Again, that is a question I asked out of curiosity.

No. What has happened here is you and a few others saw someone who has done a lot of trolling and pissed you off on numerous occasions make an investigative thread and immediately wanted to find any reason why that poster must be full of ****.

I asked if your last bit was some tough-guy talk because if it was, I was going to suggest we get to the bit where you sorta-kinda make a fight challenge and then when I say "Okay, let me know when you're next in the California Bay Area" you go on to describe your injury, your poverty, and your family obligations as reasons why you sadly cannot travel to kick my ass but surely would beat me up if I ever ended up in whatever chockful-of-snore one-gas-station town you live in.
    And then decided to go ahead and write out your little play scenario that admitted you would love to fight me if only I would come walk with you in your parade? Classic.

From the Guidelines:

Newspaper Article documenting investigation and / or arrest.
    Newspaper article discussing wrongdoing.
    Videotape of wrong doing
    Court case number which resulted from such behavior.
    Police Report
    Affidavit by victim or eyewitness
    Email/facebook page, social media showing he claims he's a 10th degree Black belt in BJJ
    You, the poster say that you have SEEN such conduct, and are willing to provide such an affidavit.
    You are posting using your real name and commenting on things you have personally SEEN not what you have heard second or third hand.

Please post a scan of the affidavit from SonofRex.
    Oh well, it's still an honest question.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast