Thread: Sifu Rice At A Glance
12/13/2012 12:31pm, #11
12/13/2012 2:07pm, #12
1. he is an idiot teen and might just say any dumb **** that happens to pop into his head
2. he could be a passive-aggressive idiot looking to stir up some drama
3. he could have a drastic misunderstanding of his teacher's abilities thanks to hero worship or father-figuring
4. he could have misunderstood something the teacher told him
5. he could have had a recent falling out with his instructor and is looking to get him in trouble
6. he could be purposefully misidentifying himself as a student for reasons 1, 2, and 5.
One need not be lying to tell a non-truth. One can also have reasons to lie that don't reflect on the instructor. It's not uncommon around here for some new poster to roll in, take some ribbing, and respond by trying to sign up his teacher for some challenge matches. Those kids aren't lying; they're just stupid and don't realize that going to the local ballet school and doing a karate dance-off twice weekly doesn't mean they get to invite "all comers" down to the dojo.
People too often associate an "investigation" with being a negative when it is in fact nothing more than questions being raised for the sake of knowing.
These type of things can not progress properly when people do not look at them from a completely unbiased point of view.
12/13/2012 4:18pm, #13
12/13/2012 4:25pm, #14
12/13/2012 4:25pm, #15You could have easily just called Mr. Rice, asked him the questions, and reported his answers in a single post on your old thread if you just wanted to know.
This should be moved to YMAS. This isn't about Rice; this is you hunting for e-reputation on this site.
12/13/2012 4:29pm, #16
It is 80% of the reason I became a hard-ass in MABS. I'd rather have timid posters do it right, than go back to what it was before JC and Tom started cleaning it out in 08.
12/13/2012 4:40pm, #17
12/13/2012 4:43pm, #18
12/13/2012 4:46pm, #19
12/13/2012 4:48pm, #20
MABS my bad..
Last edited by It is Fake; 12/13/2012 4:59pm at .