232711 Bullies, 3422 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 131 to 139 of 139
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ChuckWepner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Michigan
    Posts
    391

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 10:15pm


     

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    No, there's an obvious inference. An inference which would not necessarily be the correct one. We would require further evidence, before drawing any conclusion as to the style.
    All reasoning involves inferences. You are right that it is not necessarily correct to infer that Rice teaches JJJ. And I never said that it was. If you read what I said, it is that the way it is listed, in context, makes it *more likely* that he teaches JJJ than BJJ. This is how reasoning based on evidence works, as you no doubt know; it is rarely possible to have absolutely conclusive evidence, let alone to offer a deductive proof for an empirical claim. You are right that this evidence by itself is not that strong. That is why I offered additional, stronger evidence.


    Where did DerAus state that your point rested solely on the spelling...?
    It is the clear implication of post #63, in a context where he was responding to my argument (right under quoting it), obviously with his panties in a bunch over my ribbing him about the amusing misspelling of pedant in a post about his pedantry about spelling.

    Seriously dude, you need to sit back, count to ten and breathe.
    He critiqued your point, in a manner that is par-for-the-course on this site and you respond with this :- Mate, where did all this vitriol come from...?
    I really loathe people being dishonest in argument. It also really isn't par for the course on the site. Lots of the forum leaders rough people up and curse them out, but I've found them to be sticklers for intellectual honesty as a rule. And I could list a ton of posters here who I respect who don't sink to that level. When someone repeatedly distorts what I've said in order to try to score rhetorical points, because otherwise the best he can do is spout "****" over and over, I'm going to call him on it. When he tries being condescending on top of it, I'll call him on it hard. He did it first in post #63, and again in quoting a sentence fragment in post #72 to distort what I'd said.

    Then he offered a display of his great wit again by calling me a couple of names and ordering me off the forum in a cute little tantrum.

    He does provide the answer, though, to the most famous Zen koan, "What is the sound of one lobe fapping?"
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,098

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 10:22pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    All reasoning involves inferences. You are right that it is not necessarily correct to infer that Rice teaches JJJ. And I never said that it was. If you read what I said, it is that the way it is listed, in context, makes it *more likely* that he teaches JJJ than BJJ. This is how reasoning based on evidence works, as you no doubt know; it is rarely possible to have absolutely conclusive evidence, let alone to offer a deductive proof for an empirical claim. You are right that this evidence by itself is not that strong. That is why I offered additional, stronger evidence.




    It is the clear implication of post #63, in a context where he was responding to my argument (right under quoting it), obviously with his panties in a bunch over my ribbing him about the amusing misspelling of pedant in a post about his pedantry about spelling.



    I really loathe people being dishonest in argument. It also really isn't par for the course on the site. Lots of the forum leaders rough people up and curse them out, but I've found them to be sticklers for intellectual honesty as a rule. And I could list a ton of posters here who I respect who don't sink to that level. When someone repeatedly distorts what I've said in order to try to score rhetorical points, because otherwise the best he can do is spout "****" over and over, I'm going to call him on it. When he tries being condescending on top of it, I'll call him on it hard. He did it first in post #63, and again in quoting a sentence fragment in post #72 to distort what I'd said.

    Then he offered a display of his great wit again by calling me a couple of names and ordering me off the forum in a cute little tantrum.

    He does provide the answer, though, to the most famous Zen koan, "What is the sound of one lobe fapping?"
    Hahahaha!!!
  3. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 11:20pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: MABS Investigations

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Wow, your reading is terrible.


    Yes and I called you lazy. No, you didn't understand my comment.
    Sorry?
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  4. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    12/16/2012 12:24am

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    And miss out on all the opinionated jerks squabble? I'd sooner die.

    And yes, I am calling myself an opinionated jerk also.
    Are you admitting to trolling in MABS? That's a big no no.
  5. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    12/16/2012 2:10am

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Sifu Rice At A Glance

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Are you admitting to trolling in MABS? That's a big no no.
    No. I was talking about this thread.

    I wouldn't troll in MABS or the Training forums.

    And I just looked at the thread title lol. I thought this was the Trollshido thread. I need to go to bed.

    Edit: It appears the Trollshido thread was pulled from Trollshido and merged with the one I started in MABS which was moved here. That should explain the confusion.

    Re-edit: Why is that, by the way? It appears that the Trollshido thread was deleted or some posts were deleted.

    Re-re-edit: Nevermind, the posts were not deleted but merged with this thread before the semantics debate.
    Last edited by itwasntme; 12/16/2012 2:29am at .
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,098

    Posted On:
    12/16/2012 8:43am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, you created a thread to argue about how you were treated in a MABS thread. The argument was using BOTH threads as fodder. Now, it can be read with full context since it was moved to YMAS.

    Remember, you started the secondary bitchfest IN YMAS and I moved it to trollshido. Your MABS thread was moved to YMAS after help from Rivington. Since they are dealing with the same issues, nope not semantics, they can be merged.
  7. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:19am

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Sifu Rice At A Glance

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Since they are dealing with the same issues, nope not semantics, they can be merged.
    I was referring to the exact place in the thread the posts got moved to. Right before Bodhi and Chuck "argued". Semantics probably wasn't the right word to use for their argument though.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  8. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,583

    Posted On:
    12/16/2012 1:35pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is sudden death on Wheel of Fish. No one wins.

  9. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:20pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    This thread is sudden death on Wheel of Fish. No one wins.

    No idea where my other reply went, but this was the next best thing.

    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.