Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 8:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    My argument doesn't depend on no one using Ju Jitsu as a spelling for BJJ. I still would suggest that anyone honestly asking herself, absent any other indication, if a website listing MAs taught at a school says simply "Ju Jitsu," is it more likely that it refers to BJJ or JJJ, there is an obvious answer.
    Wow.

You really need to bone up on your Romanji history.

However, this point isn't essential. Contrary to Der Auslander's distortion, my argument never rested "just" on the spelling point. That was an intentional misunderstanding on his part.
    Uh, no, dipshit.

Just because I call someone a fucktard, doesn't mean I am calling you a fucktard, unless you actually happen to be a fucktard. Are you a fucktard, fucktard?

Even if we ignore the absence of "Brazilian" and imagine that it is just as common in this country to mean BJJ by "Ju Jitsu" .
    Are you fucking kidding me?

You could not be more wrong about that.
    Last edited by Jiggle Butt; 12/14/2012 8:41pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 9:13pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=DerAuslander;2747661]Wow.

You really need to bone up on your Romanji history.
    [/OPEN]

This isn't about the history of Romanji, it is about what the normal usage and understanding of "Ju Jitsu" in one particular kind of context is. You are blowing smoke.

Uh, no, dipshit.

Just because I call someone a fucktard, doesn't mean I am calling you a fucktard, unless you actually happen to be a fucktard. Are you a fucktard, fucktard?
    Right, Shakespeare, you weren't distorting *my* argument, you were creating an imaginary possible opponent to gratuitously insult for offering a dumbed down version of my argument. No one is going to believe your obvious lie here. Sad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2012 9:32pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally Posted by ChuckWepner
    Even if we ignore the absence of "Brazilian" and imagine that it is just as common in this country to mean BJJ by "Ju Jitsu" .
    Originally posted by Der Auslander
    Are you fucking kidding me?

You could not be more wrong about that.
    Nice job chopping sentence fragments to distort meaning by eliminating context. Your intellectual honesty matches the chastity of the average crack whore. And it is about as hard to discern.

You obviously have serious problems about representing others' views honestly, even when the dishonesty is readily discoverable. The fact that you can do no better than drool out "fucktard" over and over is pathetic, but only makes you contemptible.

Your unwillingness to be even minimally intellectually honest puts you beneath contempt.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 2:10am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, it means that you have tried to make a bigger deal over my original statements in this thread than what I had said, decided to be a douchebag, and are generally now just being an idiot, and making massive fucking assumptions about what X means in a given country.

Go back and read what I wrote, and then do everyone on this forum a favor and shut the **** up.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 7:14am

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My argument doesn't depend on no one using Ju Jitsu as a spelling for BJJ. I still would suggest that anyone honestly asking herself, absent any other indication, if a website listing MAs taught at a school says simply "Ju Jitsu," is it more likely that it refers to BJJ or JJJ, there is an obvious answer.
    No, there's an obvious inference. An inference which would not necessarily be the correct one. We would require further evidence, before drawing any conclusion as to the style.

One of us is weighing evidence; the other is plugging his ears and stamping his feet. And pretty much anyone reading the thread can tell which is which.
    All I see, is a wild overreaction, to something DerAus wrote.

However, this point isn't essential. Contrary to Der Auslander's distortion, my argument never rested "just" on the spelling point. That was an intentional misunderstanding on his part.
    Where did DerAus state that your point rested solely on the spelling...?

Seriously dude, you need to sit back, count to ten and breathe.
    He critiqued your point, in a manner that is par-for-the-course on this site and you respond with this :-
    Nice job chopping sentence fragments to distort meaning by eliminating context. Your intellectual honesty matches the chastity of the average crack whore. And it is about as hard to discern.

You obviously have serious problems about representing others' views honestly, even when the dishonesty is readily discoverable. The fact that you can do no better than drool out "fucktard" over and over is pathetic, but only makes you contemptible.

Your unwillingness to be even minimally intellectually honest puts you beneath contempt.
    Mate, where did all this vitriol come from...?

Settle down Beavis.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: MABS Investigations

Uh-oh. Someone's about to get out Ockham's razor and then we're all gonna learn what real no holds barred looks like!
    Occam's razor is for lazy people, so I doubt there will be anything considered no holds barred to follow.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 10:48am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Occam's razor is for lazy people,
    Then you should have used it before starting this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 6:24pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    No, I think it's fucking stupid of anyone of any bandwagon to assume he teaches Japanese, Brazilian, or Narnian style just because he spells it jujutsu, jujitsu, jiu-jitsu, or whatever.

Well, it's good that I didn't do that, then, and that I'm not on any bandwagon.
    It got personal right here when he started defending himself.

Maybe he just didn't like the usage of the phrase fucking stupid.

I think this is a misunderstanding, he assumed just because something is fucking stupid then he had to be fucking stupid for thinking it.

Fucking stupid thoughts can come from perfectly reasonable guys.

I think we should all get along.

Now that's fucking stupid.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: MABS Investigations

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Then you should have used it before starting this thread.
    And miss out on all the opinionated jerks squabble? I'd sooner die.

And yes, I am calling myself an opinionated jerk also.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 9:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    And miss out on all the opinionated jerks squabble? I'd sooner die.
    Wow, your reading is terrible.

And yes, I am calling myself an opinionated jerk also.
    Yes and I called you lazy. No, you didn't understand my comment.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast