226204 Bullies, 3849 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 121 to 130 of 139
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    12/14/2012 8:38pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    My argument doesn't depend on no one using Ju Jitsu as a spelling for BJJ. I still would suggest that anyone honestly asking herself, absent any other indication, if a website listing MAs taught at a school says simply "Ju Jitsu," is it more likely that it refers to BJJ or JJJ, there is an obvious answer.
    Wow.

    You really need to bone up on your Romanji history.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    However, this point isn't essential. Contrary to Der Auslander's distortion, my argument never rested "just" on the spelling point. That was an intentional misunderstanding on his part.
    Uh, no, dipshit.

    Just because I call someone a fucktard, doesn't mean I am calling you a fucktard, unless you actually happen to be a fucktard. Are you a fucktard, fucktard?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Even if we ignore the absence of "Brazilian" and imagine that it is just as common in this country to mean BJJ by "Ju Jitsu" .
    Are you fucking kidding me?

    You could not be more wrong about that.
    Last edited by Jiggle Butt; 12/14/2012 8:41pm at .
  2. ChuckWepner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Michigan
    Posts
    391

    Posted On:
    12/14/2012 9:13pm


     

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=DerAuslander;2747661]Wow.

    You really need to bone up on your Romanji history.
    [/OPEN]

    This isn't about the history of Romanji, it is about what the normal usage and understanding of "Ju Jitsu" in one particular kind of context is. You are blowing smoke.

    Uh, no, dipshit.

    Just because I call someone a fucktard, doesn't mean I am calling you a fucktard, unless you actually happen to be a fucktard. Are you a fucktard, fucktard?
    Right, Shakespeare, you weren't distorting *my* argument, you were creating an imaginary possible opponent to gratuitously insult for offering a dumbed down version of my argument. No one is going to believe your obvious lie here. Sad.
  3. ChuckWepner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Michigan
    Posts
    391

    Posted On:
    12/14/2012 9:32pm


     

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally Posted by ChuckWepner
    Even if we ignore the absence of "Brazilian" and imagine that it is just as common in this country to mean BJJ by "Ju Jitsu" .
    Originally posted by Der Auslander
    Are you fucking kidding me?

    You could not be more wrong about that.
    Nice job chopping sentence fragments to distort meaning by eliminating context. Your intellectual honesty matches the chastity of the average crack whore. And it is about as hard to discern.

    You obviously have serious problems about representing others' views honestly, even when the dishonesty is readily discoverable. The fact that you can do no better than drool out "fucktard" over and over is pathetic, but only makes you contemptible.

    Your unwillingness to be even minimally intellectually honest puts you beneath contempt.
  4. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 2:10am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, it means that you have tried to make a bigger deal over my original statements in this thread than what I had said, decided to be a douchebag, and are generally now just being an idiot, and making massive fucking assumptions about what X means in a given country.

    Go back and read what I wrote, and then do everyone on this forum a favor and shut the **** up.
  5. JingMerchant! is offline
    JingMerchant!'s Avatar

    ...has all your Jing.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Blighty.
    Posts
    2,009

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 7:14am


     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    My argument doesn't depend on no one using Ju Jitsu as a spelling for BJJ. I still would suggest that anyone honestly asking herself, absent any other indication, if a website listing MAs taught at a school says simply "Ju Jitsu," is it more likely that it refers to BJJ or JJJ, there is an obvious answer.
    No, there's an obvious inference. An inference which would not necessarily be the correct one. We would require further evidence, before drawing any conclusion as to the style.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    One of us is weighing evidence; the other is plugging his ears and stamping his feet. And pretty much anyone reading the thread can tell which is which.
    All I see, is a wild overreaction, to something DerAus wrote.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    However, this point isn't essential. Contrary to Der Auslander's distortion, my argument never rested "just" on the spelling point. That was an intentional misunderstanding on his part.
    Where did DerAus state that your point rested solely on the spelling...?

    Seriously dude, you need to sit back, count to ten and breathe.
    He critiqued your point, in a manner that is par-for-the-course on this site and you respond with this :-
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Nice job chopping sentence fragments to distort meaning by eliminating context. Your intellectual honesty matches the chastity of the average crack whore. And it is about as hard to discern.

    You obviously have serious problems about representing others' views honestly, even when the dishonesty is readily discoverable. The fact that you can do no better than drool out "fucktard" over and over is pathetic, but only makes you contemptible.

    Your unwillingness to be even minimally intellectually honest puts you beneath contempt.
    Mate, where did all this vitriol come from...?

    Settle down Beavis.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

    "So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

    "On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

    "You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

    "Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

    "Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!
  6. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,603

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 9:39am

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: MABS Investigations

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Uh-oh. Someone's about to get out Ockham's razor and then we're all gonna learn what real no holds barred looks like!
    Occam's razor is for lazy people, so I doubt there will be anything considered no holds barred to follow.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,996

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 10:48am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Occam's razor is for lazy people,
    Then you should have used it before starting this thread.
  8. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 6:24pm


     Style: Injured

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    No, I think it's fucking stupid of anyone of any bandwagon to assume he teaches Japanese, Brazilian, or Narnian style just because he spells it jujutsu, jujitsu, jiu-jitsu, or whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Well, it's good that I didn't do that, then, and that I'm not on any bandwagon.
    It got personal right here when he started defending himself.

    Maybe he just didn't like the usage of the phrase fucking stupid.

    I think this is a misunderstanding, he assumed just because something is fucking stupid then he had to be fucking stupid for thinking it.

    Fucking stupid thoughts can come from perfectly reasonable guys.

    I think we should all get along.

    Now that's fucking stupid.
  9. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,603

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 9:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: MABS Investigations

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Then you should have used it before starting this thread.
    And miss out on all the opinionated jerks squabble? I'd sooner die.

    And yes, I am calling myself an opinionated jerk also.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,996

    Posted On:
    12/15/2012 9:50pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    And miss out on all the opinionated jerks squabble? I'd sooner die.
    Wow, your reading is terrible.

    And yes, I am calling myself an opinionated jerk also.
    Yes and I called you lazy. No, you didn't understand my comment.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.