Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 1:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: avid mouth boxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The "REAL" Wing Chun in Singapore...very entertaining

Behold for your viewing pleasure, the "REAL" Wing Chun from Singapore.
    The Master here believes his science is golden, and all the other Wing Chun practioners before him (yes, even those famous ones), got it wrong.

Please visit and share some fo the joy in watching a delusional candidate for bullshit master of the year.

Here are a list of some of his claims:

"This is probably the closest expression to the way that the founders had intended the techniques to be.
    Many might think they looked unimpressive; just for your info, do you know how fast they were? Try to count the strokes "if you could". Then try to count the strokes of other kung fu videos. If you can't count the strokes here, it means they were really fast...."

Articient Training: Natural Sparring 1, Version 2 ( No Choreography )

Free Spar 2: Yong Chun Quan versus Mixed Art (Boxing + Muay Thai)

Kung Fu Spar 5_Nice_咏春_Sticky Hands

chain "punching"

and his website...with all the fantastic claims....enjoy.
    http://artism.weebly.com/

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 5:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They claim they've sent you a challenge and that you haven't accepted. Confirm or deny?

Update: We sent an invitation to 'Gimpy'(http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119054) or 'milkbunnie'(youtube) to visit us and let us test our skills with him through experiments; but he didn't accept our invitation. His actual location is also in Singapore. So, if you're referred here by this keyboard warrior, please urge him to visit us. We would post the results of those experiments on Youtube. Thank you.
    [From]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0auaT6RQyE under description.

I'm Svelte!

Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassThree FriendsYour first Group

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What have you to fear gimpy?

Except getting slapped (that **** hurts dude!)

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 3:41pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, for one, believe the technique displayed in those videos to be absolutely appalling, and noticed that their "chun vs" video utilizes a "muay thai" fighter hesitant to throw any head strikes and who also happens to be present in many of their other videos, practicing wing chun.

If it were me, I'd be only too happy to drag my testosterone deprived duel demanding arse out to discuss the relative merits (and possible fraudulence) of this man's teachings in a controlled environment. But I would first be very careful about just what "controlled environment" really means. See the wording of this challenge:
    Let's do speed & power test together? If ur really in Singapore, just come over once & for all. We'll perform the experiments & put up on Youtube. Used all the Wing Chun that u know of, including the chain punch, let's compare then. Just come & test it, stop being a keyboard warrior. Show the ability; not talk about it.
    [from]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00B2cUQaZ_I comment by Articient An.

Gimpy is not being asked to test the combat worthiness of this teacher's wing chun, but instead its "chuniness". That's all well and good if gimpy is only out to prove his little chun is bigger than their little chun, but it means absolutely nothing if he is saying that their teachings aren't combat effective. I would appreciate a clarification from gimpy as to what it is he is claiming.

Personally, I'm not saying my hammer's better than your hammer for wiring a PCB, I'm saying I'm going to use a bloody soldering iron thank you very much.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 4:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post

Gimpy is not being asked to test the combat worthiness of this teacher's wing chun, but instead its "chuniness".
    Hmmm...... You might want to read all the conversations, your assessment is incomplete.
    Why not test us out and post on Youtube? If won't have a bloodbath, we'll do the chi sao which u practise. From there, u'll have ur answer are we fraud or genuine. Anyone with actual street fight experience would know the videos we showed here have the closest expression to the real fights (spontaneous, fast and disorganized). Just to give u a tip: The more beautiful a martial art is in the class (during training) - the further away it is from the truth. So, keep fantasizing abt ur art. :)
    That tells me he is willing to run experiments and/or fight. He's putting it FIRMLY on Gimpy's head.

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 7:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm inclined to disagree. If this teacher believes the chun is all that then it isn't a stretch to conclude that he believes a non chi sao restricted but still chun-only test could turn into a "bloodbath". And that is the only comment that could be open to interpretation, while his others:
    How about let's verify the scientific test? Come over, we'll do a recorded video of the test. We'll test the absorption of chain-punch. U mentioned there's no structure, etc? We'll give chain punch to each other, and see how many punches could we take before retreating.
    We'll perform the experiments & put up on Youtube. Used all the Wing Chun that u know of, including the chain punch, let's compare then.
    don't leave much to the imagination.

I'm open to the possibility that I am wrong though and/or have suffered a severe blow to my reading comprehension, as I've yet to see evidence that brain damage is not a direct result of reading through youtube video comments.

What I think is the most important question here, though, is whether this is a red herring and gimpy is actually questioning it's chuntasticness, or if he disagrees with its other advertised merits.
    Last edited by The Cap; 12/15/2012 7:28pm at .

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 7:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    I'm inclined to disagree.
    That's fine.

If this teacher believes the chun is all that then it isn't a stretch to conclude that he believes a non chi sao restricted but still chun-only test could turn into a "bloodbath".
    Except he separates the two, in that post, saying if we can't do mine then we will do yours. To me, he is open to gimpy's rules with his poor English. Gimpy has established that what they are doing isn't fighting or sparring. So, in my interpreation he is saying we can do it your way if your are scared of my super deadly way.

And that is the only comment that could be open to interpretation, while his others:
    If you say so, we disagree. He is poorly expressing his points in ENGLISH.

Even if it is a chun test, with limitations, why dodge? Gimpy is claiming that their structure is wrong, their speed is off, that their chi sao is not fighting, and that everything they do sucks. He should be able to prove his exquisite chun knowledge by showing up.

He can bring his own Camera. Go look up Jack Rusher and see how experiments went down. It is better to go than sit around talking ****.

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 8:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    If you say so, we disagree.
    Considering this is a matter of interpretations, that's not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Even if it is a chun test, with limitations, why dodge? [...] It is better to go than sit around talking ****.
    Absolutely, and unfortunately their challenge appears to have scared him off.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 5:30am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely, and unfortunately their challenge appears to have scared him off.[/QUOTE]

Nice try troll. It has nothing to do with being scared.

lets be clear...this is not about my Wing Chun is better than your Wing Chun. It's about grandiose claims of the ultimate way "pure science" with no clinical proof. This guy could of been spouting the same gack about boxing, ice hockey or line dancing and i would have said the same thing. Take some time to read through his blog and witness the mish mash of pseudo science claims.

I question him on the terms and claims of practicality to what he shows on youtube. And for the record chi sao is not fighting or WC sparring - thats under a different platform altogether - yet every time he is questioned on the validity of technique shown it falls back onto "we have the data/science ooga booga."
    Or I'll do a (insert titel) test vs your test....
    Do you guys REALLY believe it can handle a half decent Muay Thai exponent??

I am not the only one calling him out on his sales pitch, others are as well with the same mantra being spouted:

"We tested this with other MMA, boxers, WCner's etc" oh really where!!!?? we're meant to take it on face value?

Some of the claims are as follows:
    "Let me be frank with u all, we've sufficient scientific data to back up whatever we've demonstrated. In time to come,whoever have written negative remarks here would feel ashamed because science would prove u wrong... we're research-based (pure science).There's no blind belief here."

"It's complicated to explain to u (long story). I'll put it in simple way: What you're seeing now, is the kind of techniques that you would probably see during the first 100 years when Wing Chun was created & compiled by the founders. If the founders were here seeing the Wing Chun in the marketplace, they would probably ask you 'what are these guys doing?' too. Btw, there is Bong Sau, it's just that they are too fast & subtle to notice. You need to pause the video rapidly to see their actions." (SO he has a time machine or some sort of inter dimensional insight into what happened a couple of hundred years ago???)

"What if I told you this Tan Sau & Punch could destroy a few lineages of Wing Chun in the market? What I mean is, by using this Tan Da, during Chi Sao, we could jam a few lineages of WC, MT, Boxing, Streetfight, etc" Go and look at the channel and tell me this claim is backed up by what's portrayed

In reference to being more than just WC (but not MMA, JKD, Sanda, etc mind you) everything thing they show is Wing Chun technique, and they even push being able to teach you the entire system in about 1 year - by video no less.

"
    Complete Ip Man Wing Chun Course in 1 Year Plus: Enrol Now!
    11/16/2012

Are you keen to learn all of the 6 forms of Ip Man Wing Chun within a year plus?
    This is the right place to enrol! We have a tentative plan of formulating a distance learning course which you could get the complete package Ip Man Wing Chun within a year plus. This package includes video tutorial, real time learning by the instructor, purchase of apparatus and workshop in Singapore.You could fill up your particulars here so that we could put you on the waiting list. Once the course is available, we would contact you."

Sounds like a sales pitch to me ...

As martial arts practitioners, look through the video channel and tell me you believe whats being shown "is the purest expression of natural fighting", or " as close as to the original WC as the FOUNDERS intended"?

The bottom line is don't put it online if you don't want the criticism....especially when you spout the everyone else is wrong speak.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:26am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our "master" is also extolling the sins of all yoga practitioners as being sub-standard as opposed to his "CloudXTraining" (does that need a TM?) whatever the hell that is on his blog

"CloudXTraining will help you to see the minds of the founders and transport you to the seed of nature."

This bit is where he gets his insights into the minds of WC founders..

"Ultimately, CloudXTraining isn't a beautiful & sophisticated system or doctrine. It's a penetrative art that shows you the plain facts of any art without decorations - dismantling the parts that cause the delusion."

"In CloudXTraining, idolization of any art or 'celebrity' is a taboo. Because that would make you lose sight of what you are feeling & what your body wants to express."

...I mean seriously??
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast