Style
    Mixed MA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Search for a suitable martial art in SG

Hi guys!

Recently I broke my leg and I can't go back to my muay thai/MMA training for 6 months. I am inclined to start training say 2 months later. Any idea what martial art is less physically demanding for a partial cripple like me? I started out in many diverse TMAs, was doing MMA before the accident happened.

Btw I am not interested in taichi. And sadly I reside in Singapore (southeast asia) which is a hotbed of bullshitdo. Might post reviews of a training centres I've trained in in the future when I finish my current univeristy semester. I

Cheers!

Style
    ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shogunism View Post
    Hi guys!

Recently I broke my leg and I can't go back to my muay thai/MMA training for 6 months. I am inclined to start training say 2 months later. Any idea what martial art is less physically demanding for a partial cripple like me? I started out in many diverse TMAs, was doing MMA before the accident happened.

Btw I am not interested in taichi. And sadly I reside in Singapore (southeast asia) which is a hotbed of bullshitdo. Might post reviews of a training centres I've trained in in the future when I finish my current univeristy semester. I

Cheers!

Hi, which MMA gym do you train at?

If you can't train MuayThai or MMA, why would you be able to train other styles that are not bullshido?

A kick is a kick and hitting an injured place is never good.

My advise is to go get a air-rifle license and have fun at the shooting range for 2 months :X :5bouncy:

Style
    Mixed MA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to train muay thai, then changed to MMA two years back. Trained at FightG, Evolve (really expensive place!) and was going to try out Impact MMA before my injury. Where do u train at?

Really? No combat sports in meantime? Man i was thinking of boxing.

Thanks for the advice anyway!

Style
    ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shogunism View Post
    I used to train muay thai, then changed to MMA two years back. Trained at FightG, Evolve (really expensive place!) and was going to try out Impact MMA before my injury. Where do u train at?

Really? No combat sports in meantime? Man i was thinking of boxing.

Thanks for the advice anyway!

I train at Pasir Ris East CC/ Kolam Ayer CC (Kyokushin), Temasek Poly/Tampines Safra (Shito-ryu).

Total of around $25 a month and I can train almost everyday. :evil6:

Doing boxing for just 2 months will not help you. But if you do want to, I suggest Kadir boxing, 2 of my friends trained there and I met the coach for a free lesson before, nice guy.

http://www.singapore-boxing.com/

Osu.

Style
    Mixed MA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the recommendations. Will try out SG boxing once i can walk.

Hmm i have a friend who has brown belt in kyokushin karate too. She is in Miss Singapore Universe 2010! Always like the grit and determination showed by karate fighters.

Try FightG or ImpactMMA if u want to expose yourself to grappling. I started out as TKD BB, then MT, then MMA. It's fun learning many styles of MA.

Style
    ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the recommendations. I tried out Judo but stopped for now, decided to stick to striking as it is my hobby, after NS, I'm thinking of taking up MuayThai together with my friend at muayart fitness.

Might check out ImpactMMA, got bad reviews on fightG, especially for their MuayThai.

Style
    avid mouth boxer
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any more info on kadirs boxing is it any good?