232656 Bullies, 4101 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 64
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
  1. erezb is online now
    erezb's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,324

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:25am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If i was Seagal, i would ask for the first round to be with guns...if for some reason Randy survived bullets (totally possible imo) i would shoot myself.
    Also, why do people here hate Seagal specifically so much and not all those overly hiped action stars ?
    I guess there were interviews and **** where he acted like a total asshole, otherwise i don't think he is more BS than Van Dam, Arnold, Stalon, Bruce and all those action movie stars that kick the living **** out of stunt men. With a notable difference, that he can actually hold a weapon properly and shoot.
    BTW, i'm curios what you guys think: Steaven is a very high ranked Aikidoka (i think we all agree here) and very good in it. Add to this his size (tall and heavy), don't you think he could kick the average guy's ass when he was younger? Or do you guys think Aikido did nothing to contribute to his fighting ability?
  2. slamdunc is online now
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,204

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 12:20pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    BTW, i'm curios what you guys think: Steaven is a very high ranked Aikidoka (i think we all agree here) and very good in it. Add to this his size (tall and heavy), don't you think he could kick the average guy's ass when he was younger? Or do you guys think Aikido did nothing to contribute to his fighting ability?
    In theory, a highly skilled martial artist who trains on a regular basis should be able to adequately defend himself against an average guy. The question I would pose is: what defines an average guy? I am hesitant to underestimate anyone I encounter on the streets. Every encounter I have with someone I am not familiar with gets the bladed, balanced stance and defensive posture.

    Seagal is ranked at seventh dan (I believe), but even the parlor tricks he used in the 80's and 90's are subject to ring-rust; if you don't use them, you lose them. One big factor with Seagal, his age notwithstanding, is he is now as wide as he is tall. He would likely run out of gas if he couldn't finish it quickly.

    As for his shooting skills, he is certified by Texas and Lousiana POST as a range-master, master firearms instructor. I know the qualifications for these titles and I wouldn't want to get into a shoot-out with him.

  3. erezb is online now
    erezb's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,324

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 12:43pm


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    In theory, a highly skilled martial artist who trains on a regular basis should be able to adequately defend himself against an average guy. The question I would pose is: what defines an average guy? I am hesitant to underestimate anyone I encounter on the streets. Every encounter I have with someone I am not familiar with gets the bladed, balanced stance and defensive posture.

    Seagal is ranked at seventh dan (I believe), but even the parlor tricks he used in the 80's and 90's are subject to ring-rust; if you don't use them, you lose them. One big factor with Seagal, his age notwithstanding, is he is now as wide as he is tall. He would likely run out of gas if he couldn't finish it quickly.

    As for his shooting skills, he is certified by Texas and Lousiana POST as a range-master, master firearms instructor. I know the qualifications for these titles and I wouldn't want to get into a shoot-out with him.

    First, i didn't understand you well, every stranger you meet you go to a stance? where do you live? jesus and i thought i lived in a hazardous place...
    Also wouldn't you agree that all in all he is the most realistic action start out there? They all shoot like crazy with non existent skill, and he is a fucking master of firearms!!!! He can really shoot well!!!.
    I think his early fight scenes where cool! and i enjoyed his performance a lot. I guess those people that take actors too seriously can develop either love or hate for them, i also think a lot of those people hating Steaven Seagal think Bruce Lee could be a ufc champion and ****.
  4. slamdunc is online now
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,204

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 2:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    First, i didn't understand you well, every stranger you meet you go to a stance? where do you live? jesus and i thought i lived in a hazardous place.
    To clarify this, when I am working, I am not complacent and I stand in the interview-position.
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    ]Also wouldn't you agree that all in all he is the most realistic action start out there? They all shoot like crazy with non existent skill, and he is a fucking master of firearms!!!! He can really shoot well!!!.
    I was agreeing with this when I said I wouldn't want to get into a shoot-out with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I think his early fight scenes where cool! and i enjoyed his performance a lot. I guess those people that take actors too seriously can develop either love or hate for them, i also think a lot of those people hating Steaven Seagal think Bruce Lee could be a ufc champion and ****.
    Bruce Lee and Steven Seagal both choreographed their own practiced their own ****. IMHO, both are very entertaining to watch, but most of the techniques and sequences are way to complex to be effective against any kind of trained opponent. Seagal and Lee: both martial artists, both actors, both educated and intelligent (not equating one with the other) men. An apples to oranges comparison as far as what / how they trained, but they did both train.

  5. captainbirdseye is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    281

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 2:31pm


     Style: JJJ/BJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I guess there were interviews and **** where he acted like a total asshole, otherwise i don't think he is more BS than Van Dam, Arnold, Stalon, Bruce and all those action movie stars that kick the living **** out of stunt men.
    Just wanted to point out that Van Damme has a pretty decent competition record.
  6. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 2:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Also, why do people here hate Seagal specifically so much and not all those overly hiped action stars ?
    Seagal was an overly hiped action star. But there's plenty of other reasons to dislike him besides being a big talking blowhard. Plenty of women say he's sexually harassed them and plenty of men say that he causes extra pain to his stuntmen just to be a dick. He would do random cup checks to stuntmen on the set. He broke Sean Connery's wrist on a set. Guy's not just a delusional douche; he's also an asshole.
    Last edited by Permalost; 12/12/2012 2:48pm at .
  7. slamdunc is online now
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,204

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 2:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbirdseye View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Van Damme has a pretty decent competition record.
    VanDamme and Dolph Lundgren both actually fought and later acted. They also both remain in shape (not round like Seagal) and for their respective ages, at least they look as if they could still hold their own.

  8. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 3:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    9
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    They also both remain in shape (not round like Seagal) and for their respective ages, at least they look as if they could still hold their own.
    Van Damme looks like a mummy embalmed in cocaine.
  9. BuckRydell is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 3:37pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Segal's current place among MMA conversation is one of the most bizarre occurences in recent years. This delusional clown really needs to catch a beating.
  10. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    12/12/2012 3:56pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 View Post
    Uhhh....We are talking about Casey Ryback. Did you see him defeat crazy Gary Busey to save....something....the world probably.. Clearly as Ryback was pretending to be a mild mannered chef, Segal is pretending to be a fat out of shape "movie star." Clearly since Couture is in better shape, a better fighter, and younger, the real deciding factor will be whether Seagal has his ponytail. Prediction: Seagal with his ponytail: Wins in ten seconds with a powerful wrist grabby flip thingy. Prediction: Seagal with no ponytail: Gets winded climbing into the ring and passes out. Couture by a strange TKO.
    That's not his ponytail. It looks like the dull plastic they make the bottoms of toy cars out of.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.