• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:25am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If i was Seagal, i would ask for the first round to be with guns...if for some reason Randy survived bullets (totally possible imo) i would shoot myself.
    Also, why do people here hate Seagal specifically so much and not all those overly hiped action stars ?
    I guess there were interviews and **** where he acted like a total asshole, otherwise i don't think he is more BS than Van Dam, Arnold, Stalon, Bruce and all those action movie stars that kick the living **** out of stunt men. With a notable difference, that he can actually hold a weapon properly and shoot.
    BTW, i'm curios what you guys think: Steaven is a very high ranked Aikidoka (i think we all agree here) and very good in it. Add to this his size (tall and heavy), don't you think he could kick the average guy's ass when he was younger? Or do you guys think Aikido did nothing to contribute to his fighting ability?

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    BTW, i'm curios what you guys think: Steaven is a very high ranked Aikidoka (i think we all agree here) and very good in it. Add to this his size (tall and heavy), don't you think he could kick the average guy's ass when he was younger? Or do you guys think Aikido did nothing to contribute to his fighting ability?
    In theory, a highly skilled martial artist who trains on a regular basis should be able to adequately defend himself against an average guy. The question I would pose is: what defines an average guy? I am hesitant to underestimate anyone I encounter on the streets. Every encounter I have with someone I am not familiar with gets the bladed, balanced stance and defensive posture.

Seagal is ranked at seventh dan (I believe), but even the parlor tricks he used in the 80's and 90's are subject to ring-rust; if you don't use them, you lose them. One big factor with Seagal, his age notwithstanding, is he is now as wide as he is tall. He would likely run out of gas if he couldn't finish it quickly.

As for his shooting skills, he is certified by Texas and Lousiana POST as a range-master, master firearms instructor. I know the qualifications for these titles and I wouldn't want to get into a shoot-out with him.

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 12:43pm

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    In theory, a highly skilled martial artist who trains on a regular basis should be able to adequately defend himself against an average guy. The question I would pose is: what defines an average guy? I am hesitant to underestimate anyone I encounter on the streets. Every encounter I have with someone I am not familiar with gets the bladed, balanced stance and defensive posture.

Seagal is ranked at seventh dan (I believe), but even the parlor tricks he used in the 80's and 90's are subject to ring-rust; if you don't use them, you lose them. One big factor with Seagal, his age notwithstanding, is he is now as wide as he is tall. He would likely run out of gas if he couldn't finish it quickly.

As for his shooting skills, he is certified by Texas and Lousiana POST as a range-master, master firearms instructor. I know the qualifications for these titles and I wouldn't want to get into a shoot-out with him.

First, i didn't understand you well, every stranger you meet you go to a stance? where do you live? jesus and i thought i lived in a hazardous place...
    Also wouldn't you agree that all in all he is the most realistic action start out there? They all shoot like crazy with non existent skill, and he is a fucking master of firearms!!!! He can really shoot well!!!.
    I think his early fight scenes where cool! and i enjoyed his performance a lot. I guess those people that take actors too seriously can develop either love or hate for them, i also think a lot of those people hating Steaven Seagal think Bruce Lee could be a ufc champion and ****.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 2:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, i didn't understand you well, every stranger you meet you go to a stance? where do you live? jesus and i thought i lived in a hazardous place.
    To clarify this, when I am working, I am not complacent and I stand in the interview-position.
    ]Also wouldn't you agree that all in all he is the most realistic action start out there? They all shoot like crazy with non existent skill, and he is a fucking master of firearms!!!! He can really shoot well!!!.
    I was agreeing with this when I said I wouldn't want to get into a shoot-out with him.
    I think his early fight scenes where cool! and i enjoyed his performance a lot. I guess those people that take actors too seriously can develop either love or hate for them, i also think a lot of those people hating Steaven Seagal think Bruce Lee could be a ufc champion and ****.
    Bruce Lee and Steven Seagal both choreographed their own practiced their own ****. IMHO, both are very entertaining to watch, but most of the techniques and sequences are way to complex to be effective against any kind of trained opponent. Seagal and Lee: both martial artists, both actors, both educated and intelligent (not equating one with the other) men. An apples to oranges comparison as far as what / how they trained, but they did both train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 2:31pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess there were interviews and **** where he acted like a total asshole, otherwise i don't think he is more BS than Van Dam, Arnold, Stalon, Bruce and all those action movie stars that kick the living **** out of stunt men.
    Just wanted to point out that Van Damme has a pretty decent competition record.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, why do people here hate Seagal specifically so much and not all those overly hiped action stars ?
    Seagal was an overly hiped action star. But there's plenty of other reasons to dislike him besides being a big talking blowhard. Plenty of women say he's sexually harassed them and plenty of men say that he causes extra pain to his stuntmen just to be a dick. He would do random cup checks to stuntmen on the set. He broke Sean Connery's wrist on a set. Guy's not just a delusional douche; he's also an asshole.
    Last edited by Permalost; 12/12/2012 2:48pm at .

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 2:49pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbirdseye View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Van Damme has a pretty decent competition record.
    VanDamme and Dolph Lundgren both actually fought and later acted. They also both remain in shape (not round like Seagal) and for their respective ages, at least they look as if they could still hold their own.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    They also both remain in shape (not round like Seagal) and for their respective ages, at least they look as if they could still hold their own.
    Van Damme looks like a mummy embalmed in cocaine.

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 3:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Segal's current place among MMA conversation is one of the most bizarre occurences in recent years. This delusional clown really needs to catch a beating.

:)

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 View Post
    Uhhh....We are talking about Casey Ryback. Did you see him defeat crazy Gary Busey to save....something....the world probably.. Clearly as Ryback was pretending to be a mild mannered chef, Segal is pretending to be a fat out of shape "movie star." Clearly since Couture is in better shape, a better fighter, and younger, the real deciding factor will be whether Seagal has his ponytail. Prediction: Seagal with his ponytail: Wins in ten seconds with a powerful wrist grabby flip thingy. Prediction: Seagal with no ponytail: Gets winded climbing into the ring and passes out. Couture by a strange TKO.
    That's not his ponytail. It looks like the dull plastic they make the bottoms of toy cars out of.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast