Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/11/2012 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope this happens, and I hope that Seagal tries for an eyeball or groin attack from the bottom position, and I hope he pays dearly for it.

:)

Posted On:
    12/11/2012 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Seagal is 60. He's not going to fight Randy Couture. Unless he's allowed to have Anderson Silva with him into the cage / ring / abandoned oil derrick built on an Inuit burial ground, sacred land that only a supremely narcissistic white man wearing at least 50 yards of fringed buckskin and a horrifying Eddie Munster / Cher hair "system" can truly appreciate and save.

I say he should be matched up with someone as close to his own age as can be found. How about Dan "The Beast" Severn?
    Dan Severn kept competing all these years.
    Seagalilama is a failbag. He even has no attack on the guitar.

He was balding in his early movies...what in God's name has been living on his head all these years?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2012 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most actors readily admit that they are not even close to the heros that they play in movies....except Segal. He's the only dumb ass that doesn't get it. But I did like the movie where the hot chick pops out of the cake naked. Yeah, that was cool.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    12/11/2012 4:09pm

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone ever seen the Steven Seagal Show flash cartoons? I imagine that is exactly how it'll go down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2012 4:49pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Dan Severn kept competing all these years.
    Seagalilama is a failbag. He even has no attack on the guitar.

He was balding in his early movies...what in God's name has been living on his head all these years?
    I loved watching Severn in early UFC. His 15-minute marathon with Royce Gracie in the finale of UFC 4 (I think it was) is still one of my all-time favorite fights. Two different grappling styles from top-level practitioners, no round-breaks to interrupt, no ref making them stand up. It was too bad that the one-day tournament format back then meant that each had already had two fights; it might have gone another ten minutes.

Severn was a true ground and pound pioneer, and as you say, Bobby, he's still going. He tends to submit guys by choke these days. The competition he has faced for the last several years is very low level, but it's very low-level actual fighters and he's 9-2 over the past 3 years with 2 TKOs and 5 submission wins.

A Severn vs Seagal fight could go any of three ways: 1st round standing KO by Severn via haymakers, 1st round submission by choke by Severn, or 1st round takedown, followed by immediate full mount, followed by either submission or TKO depending on whether Stevie remains conscious long enough to tap as the Beast rains hammer fists onto his face. No matter what, everyone wins.

Maybe Severn could be offered a bonus to carry Seagal for a round or so so that there would be more fun. Or, "Bully Beatdown" rues, so we get 5 submissions *plus* a knockout.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    12/11/2012 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    A Severn vs Seagal fight could go any of three ways: 1st round standing KO by Severn via haymakers, 1st round submission by choke by Severn, or 1st round takedown, followed by immediate full mount, followed by either submission or TKO depending on whether Stevie remains conscious long enough to tap as the Beast rains hammer fists onto his face. No matter what, everyone wins.
    Seagal isn't now, nor has he ever been a fighter and no matter what he pulled out, I know Severn would handle him and either submit or KO Seagal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 12:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't actually watch MMA fights. I came to bullshido because I respect the fighters and the martial arts they train in. That being said, I would pay $$$ to see this fight. I'm more of a nerd fascinated by martial arts, trying to get past a lot of the BS out there. I also am a slightly bit well read on classical weaponry (mostly premodern European stuff) and I get frustrated with all the incredible katana/katana kata bullshido out there which Aikido is neck deep in. Seagal irritates me on a whole other level then he does the vast majority of people posting.

I wish Mr. Couture's fists Godspeed in to Seagal's face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 10:19am

Style: BJJ (ex DRAJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes! DO IT!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:03am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randy should make a counter offer like having it televised but splitting all profits with their charities of choice. Sure SS will probably still turn it down but why not have some fun with it?

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:24am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If i was Seagal, i would ask for the first round to be with guns...if for some reason Randy survived bullets (totally possible imo) i would shoot myself.
    Also, why do people here hate Seagal specifically so much and not all those overly hiped action stars ?
    I guess there were interviews and **** where he acted like a total asshole, otherwise i don't think he is more BS than Van Dam, Arnold, Stalon, Bruce and all those action movie stars that kick the living **** out of stunt men. With a notable difference, that he can actually hold a weapon properly and shoot.
    BTW, i'm curios what you guys think: Steaven is a very high ranked Aikidoka (i think we all agree here) and very good in it. Add to this his size (tall and heavy), don't you think he could kick the average guy's ass when he was younger? Or do you guys think Aikido did nothing to contribute to his fighting ability?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast