Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 10:37pm

Style: kung fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey.. why not man. Good for him. Nothing to be harmed by it. If I had that illness, I would be happy too. The kid who let him win is a true human being. Give others a chance before oneself.
    Enjoy life.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 11:13pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seemed more like a jits match than wrestling. Weird strategy by the guy on his side, I suppose that the unexpectedness of it is what put the other guy off. I saw a decent attempt at a modified seio nage, but while they were both on the side he wasn't able to get his hips underneath him. I just have to wonder who is coaching these two, neither of them seemed to know anything about wrestling. I was screaming at the screen when he started dragging the other guy on top of him, I was like, "DUDE, what the **** are you doing?!"

Anyway, the strategy seemed to work, the other guy fell right into the trap. I think the attempted victory breakdance was a bit much, I'm glad the adult picked him up off the floor to stop him, that kind of flamboyant showmanship is uncalled for at their age and likely to cause problems, especially when it appeared as though he was relatively unresponsive when his opponent tried to shake his hand to congratulate him on his victory.

I might be going to hell, but at least I got the comfy seat.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 11:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i giggled, so ill join you there

Posted On:
    12/10/2012 7:27am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is one sad truth to accompany all this...

If the healthy kid had smashed the **** out of the CP kid, it would have gotten more views on Youtube.

Merry Christmas everyone.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2012 11:20am

Style: grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    So, for the third time, tell me where anyone said he can't participate in wrestling.
    I'm saying he can't participate in wrestling. Because he... can't participate in wrestling. At least not the part where people wrestle. He could probably watch, or maybe keep track of statistics with his wheelchair computer or something. But he'll never wrestle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2012 11:51am

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cut the kid some slack. It was probably his first time wrestling, so it's normal for him to be a bit of a spaz.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/10/2012 11:58am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    I'm saying he can't participate in wrestling. Because he... can't participate in wrestling. At least not the part where people wrestle. He could probably watch, or maybe keep track of statistics with his wheelchair computer or something. But he'll never wrestle.
    He can sit in the audience and yell "Wooooooo!!!" and hold up four fingers every time somebody lands a backhand chop.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2012 6:53pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually see both sides and particularly appreciate the post from zwarte piet. Bottom line for me, as a dad, is that there's a sweet spot. On the one extreme, there's crushing your child's dreams and shackling him with your own doubts and judgments about what he can and can't do. On the other extreme is sheltering and lying to him to the point that he ends up in the gag reel on the first week of American Idol. The goal is to hit the sweet spot somewhere in the middle, letting kids take risks while protecting them from irreversible damage.

In this particular case, I don't know the entire story. We're looking at a snapshot in time and drawing all sorts of conclusions from it. On the surface, it seems harmless, and I still think it took courage on the part of the kid with CP to risk ridicule.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2012 11:05pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardly Lurker View Post
    On the surface, it seems harmless, and I still think it took courage on the part of the kid with CP to risk ridicule.
    If his dad knows anything about the internet he didn't just risk, but garaunteed ridicule when he put it up for the entire planet to see.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/11/2012 2:04pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    He could probably watch, or maybe keep track of statistics with his wheelchair computer or something. But he'll never wrestle.
    EXACTLY. So, he can participate in wrestling he just can't compete in matches.
    Unless you are implying something different?

if he was a statistician, who learned moves during practice, you wouldn't care? A similar situation happened at my high school and the statistician was a team mate. He was disabled, but he was taught all of the plays, limited moves and was allowed in the huddle before the game. He didn't participate in the actual game.

That's what I took from your first post.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast