Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was just weird to me. I don't think I would have allowed either of my kids to participate in that match. Practice, yes. Match? No. I would like to know what the venue was. If it was a legit tournament then it is a little rediculous. I mean, if the kid's dad would have laid him on his back instead of his stomach then he would have pinned himself.

I used to lifeguard for the special olympics. I also got to see how those kids enyoyed getting to do stuff. But they were capable enough not to drown when you put them in the water. I think this kids parents should be looking more toward those baseball legues where you can play in a wheelchair. It is more geared toward CP kids.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 11:13am

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So did the cerebral palsy kid practice sprawls and half nelsons with the rest of the wrestling team? What'd he do when they got to sprints? The kid is apparently able minded, so let's get him into something he can excel at. Like a wheel chair and half baked ideas about light speed and time.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 11:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't make me post mine Mfers.

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 11:52am

Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Don't make me post mine Mfers.
    You don't have the testicular fortitude.

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 12:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    That was fucking disgusting. Why would the parent of the kid with cerebral palsy turn him into the center of a freak show like that? There's no dignity in that. The kid can't even move. It's just ridiculous.

And why would the parent of the other boy let him do that? If someone tried to get my son to do that I'd tell them to **** off and find another kid for their warped Hallmark moment.
    I think when the "Make A Wish" foundation needs somebody to kick dying little kids in the face, you'll be the goto guy.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the thread title would be more accurate if the quotation marks were around the words 'wrestling match' instead of 'Throws'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 12:39pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I think it was a weird and unnecessary show. If the disabled kid is able minded i can't see how this gives him any real satisfaction other than being the center of attention.
    Every kid wants to feel like part of something larger. It's human nature. I think that this is awesome. For the kid with cerebral palsy, it demonstrates some brass putting himself out there. And the other kid showed some serious empathy. As a general rule, I don't like other people's children, but seeing stuff like this reminds me that there are exceptions.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 12:42pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    I think when the "Make A Wish" foundation needs somebody to kick dying little kids in the face, you'll be the goto guy.
    Second thought - maybe I would let my son participate. He could crossface the **** out of the kid and give him the DX crotch chop after the easy W.

Seriously though - I'm all for being nice to the chirruns. I just don't think this is nice. I think it's disrespectful to everyone involved to put them into this fucked up spectacle.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 1:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    You don't have the testicular fortitude.
    You have no clue what I meant do you? It has to do with going to get old posts, that fit their current complaint, that show some hypocrisy. Not posting my opinion. This is why you continue to get ****.

To Tom and Azatdawn, you realize you are arguing two different points?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 1:25pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting responses to this thread. I myself, cannot imagine, were I in the position of having a child of similar abilities, NOT allowing my kid to do this, if it's something he wanted to try. You all telling me if you had a kid with those abilities asking to try, and telling you he wants to try wrestling, and you'd look him in the eyes and say "sorry, you can't do that, you're not able to do that." Do you punish your able bodied children if they don't win the little league game too? At the age of 12 some schools don't even let sports teams win or lose (which is admittedly ridiculous).

It doesn't seem set up to me as a Hallmark moment. The Dad said in the article his son just wants to do what other kids are doing, so they got him involved, and recorded his match, like any parent would record of photo their kids, then he put on FB and it took off from there (this is the internet, that's how these things work). I have to imagine I'd encourage this kind of thing myself, especially something with a team atmosphere as I can only imagine the kid doesn't often get opportunities to experience something like that.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast