Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 1:48am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is confronting is your inability to recognize that you are intentionally misleading people. And no, I'm not a teacher at Barker, I used a geographically relevant school to enhance my analogy.

You are not teaching Gung Fu or Tao but you call your system Tao Gung Fu. That is misleading and whether it is your intention or not, in the eyes of THE LAW, you are engaging in misconduct. Remember, it only needs to be misleading to a reasonable person for it to be illegal. Look it up. Your intentions mean nothing if someone feels that you have misrepresented what you are selling.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 1:56am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tao Gung Fu View Post
    Hi,

What is creepy that as a grown man you can't even pick up the phone and call me!!! My number and address is easy to get, give me yours.

I am interested in not misleading the public this is the only reason I am bothering with you no names. No offence, but that is who you are. As each and everyone of you by not naming who and where you are from have no credibility except as CYBER bullies.

I have changed the about section on my website I know it will not please most of you thats fine. I am just not wanting to mislead the public and be honest about what I am practicing.

Kerim
    Kerim, I don't see how it changes the basic questions asked by turning the question around and asking whom I am and what my contact number is. This doesn't add legitimacy to basic questions. From the way you avoid answering simple questions, I doubt you would answer these over the phone if you can't have them on your website, your forum posts, or another form of written word. I shouldn't have to have a name and contact number for you to be able to answer basic questions about your life's work and business.

Honestly, I don't really want to talk to you on the phone, it's much easier and publically visible here on the forum.

You have been nice enough to engage us on the forum and threads here, but when you've had 'enough', for whatever reason, you have a tantrum and attack posters asking questions (cyber bullies/trolls), or attack the site/board in general, and this seems to be a standard from other posts, as well as a standard from 'shifu' from posts in the past, as can be seen on the ozmma forum linked previously.

The difference is you are operating as a public figure, where you contact details are presented by yourself for your business. I am not operating a business, I am not a public figure, while I am fairly anonymous on this forum I am not completely anonymous either.

As a funny comparison, I could write out a basic overview of (to beat a dead horse) Bruce Lee's BIO: of who instructed him (and what styles that was in), which led him to develop Jun Fan for himself and the concept of JKD in general.

So I move to an extrapolation, you feel, like Bruce Lee, that you have translated and continue to translate your ideas (coming from others) into a syllabus, that you have named to be an expression of your martial way: "Tao Gung Fu"?

But It is "not a martial arts in the conventional way,(SIC; your words on your website)" and you are not a qualified instructor in kung/gung fu? But you're telling us you won't provide any information that legitimises your ability to distill "a way" from something that you've been taught previously? Is that correct?

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 2:15am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -learn a variety of traditional forms handed down from teacher to teacher throughout the ages to stimulate chi flow, develop strength, balance and flexibility.
    You completely ignored the one question battlefields already asked that I was curious about.

Please answer it now: What traditional forms, and which masters?

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 7:17am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I just wanted to make a note on this aspect of the “About” bio from the website: “It is a way to improve your health using fighting as a way to test how your training is going. We fight very little.”
    This struck me as kind of funny…and incongruent:

1. ‘Fighting’ is used to test how your training is going.
      (Sounds Ok, yeah?)
    2. We fight very little.
      (Ok…this seems strange, so you don’t get to test how your training is going by fighting, as you fight very little….but how can I test how my training is going? Or is that part of the 2 rounds sparring at Blue Belt, which is the FIFTH belt in your syllabus? Or the general FOUR HOURS of GRADING for Green Belt, which is the THIRD belt in your syllabus?)

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Please answer it now: What traditional forms, and which masters?
    Bored, answered my own questions, have more.

You claim to teach "crane", "dragon" forms and chi kung.

First those form names you've chosen have very specific, well-known, traditional meanings, so to re-use them and claim the entire system is your own seems very deceptive or at the least, poorly thought out.

Didn't you ever worry actual crane and dragon kung fu practitioners would notice?

I'm also curious to know what qigong you are teaching, since authentic qigong has very specific lineages and meaning....

These two items (animal forms and qigong), combined with the use of the term kwoon, really does seem to indicate you are attempting to convince people you are a kung fu master running a kung fu school, when you are clearly nothing of the sort. You say you're not, but then you go and use 99% of the typical terminology/etc.

So, as someone who actually has a lineage/style that includes all of those elements I mentioned (dragon and crane forms and qigong), I'd really like you to explain yourself clearly, honestly, and concisely.

Otherwise I'll be sure to warn people away from your school going forward.

Yep, that's how it REALLY works here, regardless of what Shifu claimed.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/17/2012 10:51am at .

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there's an old quote in my signature that really applies here, just replace "zen" with "tao" or "gung fu", and "your instructor" with "the OP":

"Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck."
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like people who want to pretend at being Chinese Kung Fu teachers rather than actually be a Kung Fu Teacher.

Sad.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 6:16pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mods, can we get the title of this thread changed to something like "Tao Gung Fu Hornsby- Kerim Schaber". I think the current title is too vague and if anyone was to search for the school it would be better served knowing that is what the thread is about.

Kerim, upon further investigation into your website, I notice that you teach Kung Fu despite your protestations about not teaching Gung Fu and only calling your school Tao Gung Fu because of your interpretation of the term Gung Fu:
    http://www.taogungfu.com/taogungfu/K...Timetable.html

How do you maintain that you don't teach Kung Fu then have it right there on your website that you hold Kung Fu classes?

As someone who might stumble on your website would reasonably assume that they would be learning Kung Fu in your Kung Fu classes, you are engaging in misleading advertising. How do you plead?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He pleads quilty as charged.

Nothing circumspect about it. You are not what you claim you are.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456