Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:06am

Style: Gung Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Again,

You are entitled to your opinion as am I.

I am interested in not misleading the public this is the only reason I am bothering with you no names. No offence, but that is who you are. As each and everyone by not naming who and where you are from have no credibility except as CYBER bullies.

I have changed the about section on my website I know it will not please most of you thats fine. I am just not wanting to be honest about what I am practicing and make sure that this is communicated correctly.

Kerim

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Please stop while everything is clear. You are now trying to argue semantics and being disingenuous. If you were cooking, cleaning, building bridges, doing IT etc etc, in Chinese circles, you could use this argument. Kung Fu, especially in the Western World, carries a VERY SPECIFIC connotation when you teach Martial Arts. When you use this term, it means you are practicing or teaching a Chinese Martial art, or an offshoot from the same type of lineage.

In other words, no, that wiki definition does not mean you should label you art Kung Fu. Call it what you want, but wiki is not supporting your point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please feel free to give me feedback on the new about section on my website.
    Last edited by Tao Gung Fu; 12/17/2012 12:16am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:09am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It resonates with my interpretation of the philosophies of Tao and Kung Fu.
    Last edited by Tao Gung Fu; 12/17/2012 12:17am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:12am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi,

What is creepy that as a grown man you can't even pick up the phone and call me!!! My number and address is easy to get, give me yours.

I am interested in not misleading the public this is the only reason I am bothering with you no names. No offence, but that is who you are. As each and everyone of you by not naming who and where you are from have no credibility except as CYBER bullies.

I have changed the about section on my website I know it will not please most of you thats fine. I am just not wanting to mislead the public and be honest about what I am practicing.

Kerim
    Last edited by Tao Gung Fu; 12/17/2012 12:19am at .

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:14am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tao Gung Fu

Is a new style started in 2009 there is no claim whatsoever to have any links with any other Linage. It is not a martial arts in the conventional way. It is a way to improve your health using fighting as a way to test how your training is going. We fight very little. I teach what I have learned and find credible over the years. I don’t claim any title or rank. I am just a practitioner seeking to improve myself and pass on what I believe.

If you are interested in martial arts as a fighting skill or with a long linage and Grand Masters this is not the school for you!

Kerim

Why Tao Gung Fu?

Tao = “The Way” I chose to interpret it as your way or path, I don't believe that copying others is the answer we have to find our own way by experimenting and then training.

Gung Fu = is a chinese name referring to a study or practice that requires patience energy and time to complete.

My definition and the reason I chose this name is that the philosophy of Tao and the practice of Kung Fu really resonate with me. I love the the flowing movements and the non rigidity. My aim is to develop freedom of movement and mind.

I have worked in the fitness industry studied Judo up to the level of brown belt (11years old to 17years old in Germany & Australia unfortunately I can substantiate this claim I have lost the name of the instructors). I tried out various schools of Martial Arts over the east coast of Australia via trial lessons. I studied with Max Austin for over a decade and still count him as my teacher.

To me grading is simply a way of setting goals and there is really no importance in the grade if you cant substantiate what it stands for. I pride myself in the fact that at 46 years of age I am still improving in all aspects according to my philosophy.

This year 2012 for the first time, four of our senior students attended the Kyokoshin and NAS tournaments. We had a great time and found many martial arts teachers to be genuine and respectful.
    The aim of these tournaments was/is to substantiate our own training at the Kwoon.

NAS state title left to right Ian Tolnay 2nd place , Amie Hill 2nd and 3rd place(continuos), Kerim Schaber trainer, Sebastian Schaber 2nd place , Milena Lozonova 1st place (veteran). All students represented their age group and weight class in the point sparing.

Ian Tolnay also received 3rd place (16year old) in the Kyokoshin full contact national event at another tournament.

By coming to regular classes you can expect to

-improves your flexibility, strength, balance, explosiveness, cardiovascular system, body posture and agility.

-learn to meditate and stay calm in every situation.

-lose weight, your body will find its natural balance with regular training. Over time you will feel inspired to lead a healthier lifestyle.

- learn a variety of unique warm up routines for your Joints, Body & Chi.

-learn a variety of traditional forms handed down from teacher to teacher throughout the ages to stimulate chi flow, develop strength, balance and flexibility.

- learn to defend yourself with some useful simple techniques.

- gain discipline and respect especially for your own training and body.

-maximise your power and perform punches and kicks that are well beyond what you had ever expected.

-learn how to effectively take down your opponent in a confrontation.

-for the future as an advanced student you can experience the use of a variety of weapons.

-grow and develop with a realistic grading system.

-go on out door adventures to stretch your boundaries and venture out of your comfort zone.

Kung Fu in my opinion is continuously developing the body mind and spirit to reach ultimate freedom of expression. I have a network of fellow teachers I communicate to and discuss developments and exchange ideas with. There is no claim from me at all that I have the answers and/or that one particular style is the best. Truthfully, it is the practitioner who is responsible for the skill. If you are looking for credentials? I can’t give you any that you can research as my teachers style is unknown. My grading is not compatible with other styles.

The first class is for free, absolutely no obligation. I don’t train warriors but try to work on improving the whole. The classes are best suited for individuals who patiently seek to improve themselves. Come in and have a chat to other students or just try for yourself. Currently students training with me range from 4.5 years of age to 75 years of age. There is no intimidation or force other than encouragement and working together to improve physical skills.

The anatomy of human beings is responsible for the application of technique, therefore each practitioner will in any given circumstance reach the same conclusion of expression once true freedom has been found. My advice for a student who is looking to develop themselves. Check out the school by actually participating for at least a month with an open mind. This will give you an indication of the usefulness of the teaching. Don't get lost in accreditation's, belts, sashes or what not. Look at the teacher, look at the students listen and then decide.

In order to build a strong foundation, time is required. Time and of course much training. It is the training that will advance you and make you understand the truth of the teaching.

True foundation is applicable in every day life under all circumstance.

Don’t judge your teacher, just observe. Don’t judge yourself, just change.

Enjoy your training and thank you for visiting my site

Warm wishes

Kerim
    Just so we're clear, this is what you changed your "about" section to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:20am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick, yes. What displeases you master?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:26am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tao Gung Fu View Post
    Hi,

What is creepy that as a grown man you can't even pick up the phone and call me!!! My number and address is easy to get, give me yours.

I am interested in not misleading the public this is the only reason I am bothering with you no names. No offence, but that is who you are. As each and everyone of you by not naming who and where you are from have no credibility except as CYBER bullies.

I have changed the about section on my website I know it will not please most of you thats fine. I am just not wanting to mislead the public and be honest about what I am practicing.

Kerim
    Ahh Yes, the irony in this post is palpable. Quite a few of the posters have videos, names and where they compete in there profiles or on threads. Just like you, their screen names ARE NOT THEIR REAL NAMES. No, signing your post doesn't negate the FACT that is not you real name.

If you are going to complain about usernames you should be using your name.

Now, calling us names does not negate the questions in this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:34am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you talking about this is my name Kerim Schaber 0488568818 and I am not calling you names it is a fact that by todays definition you are all CYBER BULLIES have you looked at the news lately?

Kerim

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:40am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know exactly what I am talking about.

Now, what is your Kung Fu lineage you question dodger? You have NO credibility as a Kung Fu instructor until you provide your lineage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:41am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cyber bullie, can't you read? No linage! Is that clear enough!!!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast