Thread: Newbie

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello all,

Just a small post here to make my introduction. I have been a member of this site for quite some time, but I only made two posts in like 2 years :)

Back then I was boxing. Due to some stupid reasons I quit after 3 months. However, an old friend introduced me to BJJ and after 6/7 months of training I can say I'm starting to get hooked. I'm even starting to understand why everyone kicks my ass on the mat :)

BJJ has even improved my life, the team is like family to me (at least the regulars) and I have become more healthy. Still have to lose some weight tho.

Also: please excuse my english, I am from a non-English speaking country.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome back to Bullshido. Good to hear that you've found the style and training environment you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. For me, the atmosphere on the mat is very important. I have now heard from former training partners that the guy who was running the boxing club has quit (or has been thrown out), so I might go back someday.

That was the reason I kept going back to train BJJ. No matter how bad my day was, after training I had a big smile on my face. Now to read as much as possible on BJJ here :p