Thread: Newbie

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello all,

Just a small post here to make my introduction. I have been a member of this site for quite some time, but I only made two posts in like 2 years :)

Back then I was boxing. Due to some stupid reasons I quit after 3 months. However, an old friend introduced me to BJJ and after 6/7 months of training I can say I'm starting to get hooked. I'm even starting to understand why everyone kicks my ass on the mat :)

BJJ has even improved my life, the team is like family to me (at least the regulars) and I have become more healthy. Still have to lose some weight tho.

Also: please excuse my english, I am from a non-English speaking country.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome back to Bullshido. Good to hear that you've found the style and training environment you were looking for.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. For me, the atmosphere on the mat is very important. I have now heard from former training partners that the guy who was running the boxing club has quit (or has been thrown out), so I might go back someday.

That was the reason I kept going back to train BJJ. No matter how bad my day was, after training I had a big smile on my face. Now to read as much as possible on BJJ here :p