Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    BULLSHIDO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Seeking Confirmation

It has come to my attention that the place i have been training for the past years is a mcdojo, please read the following and agree or disagree....i need to vent...
    -Place is filled with age 10 and under red belts
    -at its peak had 25 black belts out of 80-90 students
    -is owned by a old man
    -they get mad when i hit somebody with any sort of power in sparring
    -has multiple BB's under agre 11 and a BB who the head instructor admits cant fight worth a crap.
    -instructor at the sparring class cant spar for more than 30 seconds without getting winded and gets wrecked by most teenagers/adults in the student (which are few in numbers compared to kids
    -has a 2nd dan who plans to test for 3rd when the 2nd dan in question readily admits hes crap and the owner he plans on testing when he cannot even spar anymore
    -sparring is very limited now, most of class time is spent doing preset one step sparring (o contact)
    -Head instructor has talked about giving a student 3rd dan as a 'going away gift'
    -At the last Dan testing three people failed to break there required breaks and one of those also failed there sparring, yet they still were promoted.

Id prefer not to post the name of the school out of respect, im just looking for confirmation and advice on how to proceed, ive been wanting to exit now for a while but dont know how. I feel so decieved and feel as if i have wasted the past years of my life, thanks for your advice....

From somewere in carolina,
    mrmcdojo

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Find a judo club and let the healing (hurting) begin.

For the record:

Quote Originally Posted by mrmcdojo View Post
    -is owned by a old man
    No big deal.

-they get mad when i hit somebody with any sort of power in sparring
    Big deal.

Style
    BULLSHIDO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Find a judo club and let the healing (hurting) begin.

For the record:

No big deal.

Big deal.
    The old man cannot move if it makes a difference, but thank you.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's a paraplegic?

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post

Big deal.
    Hmmmm now how do you know this is a big deal? We need more context than an admitted vent.
    Do I need to get the video of the wheelchair bound Judoka who still teaches?

See above, we need more context.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hmmmm now how do you know this is a big deal? We need more context than an admitted vent.
    If it's as he says, if the only "sparring" they do is no contact or point, the students will not learn to fight as effectively as they could. The comment is also for the sake of contrast; if he want's to separate himself from bullshido schools, he should know that some things he may see as being turn-offs are actually inconsequential.

I make no assumption that what he said is correct/incorrect, real/invented, or that he is/isn't a troll. I am only answering his post.

Style
    BULLSHIDO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No trolling going on here, what do you want to know?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No trolling going on here, what do you want to know?
    It sounds, to me anyway, by the things you said like you may have some animosity towards your instructor and/or school. Whether or not that is the case, I neither know nor care but you need to be careful what claims you make as they could come with legal repercussions.

Having said that, if you want this looked into we will need basic information. The name of the school, location, instructor(s), evidence of your claims, so on and so forth. Bear in mind that if you want this investigated you will be expected to "do work".

Style
    BULLSHIDO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes that would probably have been the case, i was pretty pissed when i wrote this, but it is all true nonetheless

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes that would probably have been the case, i was pretty pissed when i wrote this, but it is all true nonetheless
    Well, luckily you haven't provided any names so it doesn't matter at this point anyway.

If you just wanted to vent, YMAS (Your Martial Arts Sucks) would have been the appropriate forum. I have a feeling based on your unwillingness to provide any information and the things you said that you got passed over for a promotion and now you're sour.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last