Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 5:54am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    DBMA does chain fights; I've seen a few:
    Is that a space shuttle? I'm pretty sure I've seen this in jack ass.

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 6:09am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    I definably would not attend a Dojo or club with any gang affiliation. Mostly for the same reasons the majority of people here replied with and yours. I am in college for Criminal Justice with a Concentration in Homeland Security so having any gang affiliation would probably screw me over somewhere down the line. Hell, The CIA just recently started giving Gay men security clearance, now that that's no longer a barrier for me I would be dammed if I let as something as simple as where I trained ruin my goal now.
    If they let gay people in the CIA, why do you think they will give you trouble for training in MMA somewhere where the owner and maybe a few other guys pretend to be bicker thugs?? Training in a place like that does not make you affiliated to a gang just as paying protection to the local organized family to operate your business doesn't.
    Oh do you watch homeland? :D

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 9:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    If they let gay people in the CIA, why do you think they will give you trouble for training in MMA somewhere where the owner and maybe a few other guys pretend to be bicker thugs?? Training in a place like that does not make you affiliated to a gang just as paying protection to the local organized family to operate your business doesn't.
    Mainly because when you are getting a security clearance they question all of your family, friends, and employers for all kinds of informaiton about you. If they find out that you are training at a gym that has gang afiliation, you will be denied your security clearance. CIA and FBI jobs are highly sought after. They eliminate candidates for the smallest reasons.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Claus View Post
    Mainly because when you are getting a security clearance they question all of your family, friends, and employers for all kinds of informaiton about you. If they find out that you are training at a gym that has gang afiliation, you will be denied your security clearance. CIA and FBI jobs are highly sought after. They eliminate candidates for the smallest reasons.
    Truth.

I was looking at applying for FBI jobs back in the day. Part of the interview process is putting you on a lie detector where they ask questions like "Have you ever sold illegal drugs throughout your entire life, even once?" and "Have you smoke marijuana more than x amount of times in your life?" Answering yes to even one of the questions they ask will automatically disqualify you from getting a job with the FBI.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:27am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You would be suprised how thourough and harsh they are when it comes to screening for those jobs they will put out you out on your ass for the smallest reasons. So why bother giving them any reasons that could have been avoided?
    And yes I do watch Homeland, thought I don't consume much T.V Since between work, college, and Martial arts Traning I am pretty busy so I am only on season one. ._.

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Claus View Post
    Basically you do not know that. By training in a "gang affiliated" gym you do not affiliate with the gang, also living in a gang affiliated street does not affiliate you to the gang.Besides, why would you go and tell your mom that you train in a gang affiliated gym? and which one of your ass hole friends is going to say the words "gang" and "affiliation" while being questioned by the FBI on you?????? PEOPLE LIE ON THOSE FORMS MAN!!!
    Last edited by erezb; 12/12/2012 11:45am at .

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:44am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Truth.

I was looking at applying for FBI jobs back in the day. Part of the interview process is putting you on a lie detector where they ask questions like "Have you ever sold illegal drugs throughout your entire life, even once?" and "Have you smoke marijuana more than x amount of times in your life?" Answering yes to even one of the questions they ask will automatically disqualify you from getting a job with the FBI.
    I think the fact you answered "NO" to "Do you have a collage degree?" ruled you out. As the cop said, it is in demand and they can be peaky, not that shunning you means they are :)

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    You would be suprised how thourough and harsh they are when it comes to screening for those jobs they will put out you out on your ass for the smallest reasons. So why bother giving them any reasons that could have been avoided?
    And yes I do watch Homeland, thought I don't consume much T.V Since between work, college, and Martial arts Traning I am pretty busy so I am only on season one. ._.
    I knew you did :D

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 11:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically you do not know that. By training in a "gang affiliated" gym you do not affiliate with the gang, also living in a gang affiliated street does not affiliate you to the gang.Besides, why would you go and tell your mom that you train in a gang affiliated gym? and which one of your ass hole friends is going to say the words "gang" and "affiliation" while being questioned by the FBI on you?????? PEOPLE LIE ON THOSE FORMS MAN!!!
    Basically, yes I do know that. I had to go through that security clearance. They spoke to people that I train with. I also was a member of the gang task force. There are a lot of people involved with gangs but are not members of that gang. The suspision is enough to get you onto a list of someone who is afiliated with gangs. We can then use that information to generate leads also to get snitches. Once you are on that list, you stay on it. That disqualifies you for certain security clearances at high levels. If I have 10 candidates that I'm hiring, and one can't get the highest clearance but all the others can, you are gone.

If you are serious about geting into the FBI, CIA, Federal Security, Air Martials, Border Patrol, then you will not afiliate with gangs in any way. Simple as that.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/12/2012 12:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically why bother with it at all, if it where the only MMA option in town you might have a point. Also why would you want to associate yourself with a group of people that are anti- what your trying to accomplish.
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 ... LastLast