Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 10:33pm

Style: kampfringen/savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    There are people/clubs working more-or-less verbatim from early 20th century self defense manuals, such as Jean Joseph Renaud's "Defence dans la Rue" and Georges Dubois' "Comment se Defendre", balancing historical recreation with self defense training. .
    This is the approach the school I belong to takes, but we are limited to translations and secondary sources as we do not have any French speakers.

My earlier comment was more directed at the comparison of Savate to TKD.
    .................................................. ................................................

Thankyou Rene I will probably wind up investing in them eventually if for nothing more than to pull the biomechanics apart but it was great to have someone who's actually watched them give an opinion.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 4:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorschlag View Post
    This is the approach the school I belong to takes, but we are limited to translations and secondary sources as we do not have any French speakers.

My earlier comment was more directed at the comparison of Savate to TKD.
    .................................................. ................................................

Thankyou Rene I will probably wind up investing in them eventually if for nothing more than to pull the biomechanics apart but it was great to have someone who's actually watched them give an opinion.
    If you want we can set up a dropbox (personally I still need to find out how it works in the weekend) and I'll do the translation.
    I'm Belgian/Flemish so my mother language is Dutch with French as secundary language and English as third language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    6/16/2013 3:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
    I personally prefer how it is today. Just fighting for the glory itself.

If you look at all the sports, not just Combat Sports, where money was added into the equation, it just changed the sport into a business.

Yes, professionals can lift a sport to a higher level, but they can also damage a sport (not exiting fights due to over calculating/strategy fighting) and lets not forget the increase of anabolics use once there's money involved or outside groups (IOC) that take over who are more interested into their own agenda than that of the sport.

Yes, our top level Savateurs have "shorter" careers in Savate because they switch to Muay Thai or Kickboxing, but they also come back to Savate after their competition career has finished and they start schools.
    The reasons:
    - The image of Savate, it's considered nowadays the most upperclass form of the Kickboxing family.
    - The training method itself: from day one, you will switch constantly between orthodox and unorthodox stands. That's why we don't speak of jab and cross, but of left direct and right direct (the position of the feet determens it your "left direct" is a jab or a cross).
    The difference between a Savateur's weak and strong side is minimized to such a level that with some you can't see if they are a natural southpaw or not and that's something that you will only find in Savate training.
    Such intriguing commentary reminds me so much of the seminar, i was happy to be a part of, with Salem Assli
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345