Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 1:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Funny little thing on the way to work

I have been a convert to anti-bullshido by Matt Thornton and this website for around a year. I was in an ok Krav Maga gym that is not quite what I want or recommended by most here in the MMA section. It was too expensive for me right now anyway. So I have been looking in to kick boxing, grappling, etc.

So after a lot of internet digging, I finally found a boxing gym that was offering dirt cheap membership the only thing not bullshido within a reasonable driving distance. I live a good drive south of Detroit BTW. I drive up there on my way to work to get a look at the place and try to ask a few questions. So I arrive and there is completely vacant building where the gym should be.

It's been out of business for the last X many years and they left their website up.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Life sucks ass hard. T.T

I guess it gives me a kick in the pants to get a better job and move. Grappling takes precedence over striking, but the closest BJJ is way out there. Kinda down and I have a request for everyone to give off some good Chi to my part of the world and maybe I can pick it up with my third eye. :D

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 8:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had similar issues when I was browsing around for schools in my area, I wish people would have the decency to close down their damn websites when they go out of business. Worst case of this I've ever seen was the Eagle Boys Pizza opposite the Dominoes where I worked at the time, when they shut down they left their phones taking orders on voice mail, so people were waiting hours for pizza that was never going to come, and when they finally ordered them from us they seemed pretty pissed.

Anyway there's a list of BJJ/MMA schools in Michigan here http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68105 might be of some help to you, I don't know US geography near well enough to say if they are south of Detroit, but all those US states are pretty small anyway, right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 10:00am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by robowimp View Post
    Kinda down and I have a request for everyone to give off some good Chi to my part of the world and maybe I can pick it up with my third eye. :D
    kinkyyyyy i like it

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 3:05pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    kinkyyyyy i like it
    Third eye does not refer to penis hole in this case...or does it?

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 3:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Third eye does not refer to penis hole in this case...or does it?
    Would you like four-eyes with that?

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 5:32pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Would you like four-eyes with that?
    i don't know

it doesn't sound very pleasant

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 3:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauly View Post
    I had similar issues when I was browsing around for schools in my area, I wish people would have the decency to close down their damn websites when they go out of business. Worst case of this I've ever seen was the Eagle Boys Pizza opposite the Dominoes where I worked at the time, when they shut down they left their phones taking orders on voice mail, so people were waiting hours for pizza that was never going to come, and when they finally ordered them from us they seemed pretty pissed.

Anyway there's a list of BJJ/MMA schools in Michigan here http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68105 might be of some help to you, I don't know US geography near well enough to say if they are south of Detroit, but all those US states are pretty small anyway, right?
    Thanks Tauly. I did read that link and I did see a couple of gyms that I hadn't seen before. However, they are still a bit of a drive from where I am and they are still expensive. What is a short and long distance can be kinda relative and there is gas money involved. I think I need to point out in no way shape or form am I bitching about how much the gym owners charge. Thats life