Page 9 of 10 First ... 5678910 Last
    Style
    Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Yeah, it can definitely be a factor. Did they only try to make the point that you trained, were proficient, were a black belt, or actually used the training to cause harm?
    By the defense attorney's logic; I trained kickboxing years before, and post on Bullshido, therefore I pulled him into the apartment rather than him forcing his way in (even though he was unhurt).

I wasn't in trouble. Never been arrested, or even ticketed. So anyway, guy beat the case. He still threatens me, from time to time, When he sees me around, but makes no move.

Situational awareness: It's well important innit?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    By the defense attorney's logic; I trained kickboxing years before, and post on Bullshido, therefore I pulled him into the apartment rather than him forcing his way in (even though he was unhurt).

I wasn't in trouble. Never been arrested, or even ticketed. So anyway, guy beat the case. He still threatens me, from time to time, When he sees me around, but makes no move.

Situational awareness: It's well important innit?
    My original thought for the day: Lawyers really suck ass sometimes.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Before anyone else says it: Yeah, I get that it's the lawyer's job -- adversarial system of justice, yada, yada. Fine. Sometimes the system sucks ass, then.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Well, the other dudes lawyer was great.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lesson learned expensive lawyers and accountants(just throwing that out0 tend to pay for them selves don't cheap out.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting case here:

MMA fighter sentenced for using hands as deadly weapons
    Authorities believes the skills of 27-year-old MMA fighter Jamual Parks of Arlington made him so dangerous, they charged him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after a November 2013 incident in which he beat up friend Juan Angel so badly he went to the hospital.
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...pons/75073388/

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    The law is on the books for florida , but it's never been used.
    I believe this case will be turned over

Style
    Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone tells us on Bullshido that they have a black belt we can make a pretty good guess on how effective they actually are based on the style they have trained in and the training methods involved. How savy are the judiciary though. What if the judge is a fan of Steven Segal movies and believe the BS is real. "You should have been able to defend yourself from those two opponents due to your skill in Aikido without seriously injuring them" (and yes, I know that scenario is unlikely). Would this site count as "expert testimony" in a court of law?

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    The law is on the books for florida , but it's never been used.
    I believe this case will be turned over
    Source?

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dork Angel View Post
    If someone tells us on Bullshido that they have a black belt we can make a pretty good guess on how effective they actually are based on the style they have trained in and the training methods involved. How savy are the judiciary though. What if the judge is a fan of Steven Segal movies and believe the BS is real. "You should have been able to defend yourself from those two opponents due to your skill in Aikido without seriously injuring them" (and yes, I know that scenario is unlikely). Would this site count as "expert testimony" in a court of law?
    Judges don't give expert testimony in cases they handle. They don't testify at all. Judges (at a jury trial) are judges of the law, jury is judge of facts, and apply the jury applies the law to the facts, basically. So a judge in a jury trial isn't going to present any of his facts or opinions. He would rule on admissibility of evidence, other motions. In Idaho judges do sentencing, as well.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Page 9 of 10 First ... 5678910 Last