Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 6:38pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This is your first post. No, no misinterpretation.
    If I'm in a casual setting irl, there's a chance I'd say something similar about a good steak. I'm not apologising for something I didn't do.

Yes, when you cuss that's you expanding your regular vocabulary./sarcasm
    It was late and I was speaking frankly.

Yes, EVERYONE keeps misinterpreting your posts./sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 6:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not apologising for something I didn't do.
    I know, I told you NOT to be a little bitch. You couldn't do it..

It was late and I was speaking frankly.
    Hmmmmm.....
    http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/frankly
    Frankyly:

frank·ly adverb
    : in an honest and direct way
    ▪ You can speak frankly to us. — often used to introduce a statement that tells your true opinion, reason, etc. ▪ Frankly, I think your essay needs more work. [=I am being honest when I tell you that your essay needs more work]

Not everyone.
    That's the best you have?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 6:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I know, I told you NOT to be a little bitch. You couldn't do it..
    Cute.

Hmmmmm.....
    http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/frankly
    Frankyly:

frank·ly adverb
    : in an honest and direct way
    ▪ You can speak frankly to us. — often used to introduce a statement that tells your true opinion, reason, etc. ▪ Frankly, I think your essay needs more work. [=I am being honest when I tell you that your essay needs more work]
    That's embarrassing, I thought it meant being general.

That's the best you have?
    What more would you have?

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 7:01pm

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

It's hard to understand but the touch of your hand
    Can start me crying

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 7:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Well those always seem to be the fault of some "web guy" anyhow.
    This dudes site isn't even particularly hyperbolic. He's an alliance purple belt and has a **** ton of good experience. Totally solid dude and the kind of guy we would like to encourage to participate in the forum.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 7:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    This dudes site isn't even particularly hyperbolic. He's an alliance purple belt and has a **** ton of good experience. Totally solid dude and the kind of guy we would like to encourage to participate in the forum.

Agreed 100%.
    He's even a kettlebell instructor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 2:00am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, itwasn'tme, you seem not to be getting what the senior guys are saying. Maybe if someone you don't feel a need to beef with, from even lower down the food chain explains how it looks, you'll see what the problem is.

A guy who runs what looks to be a good school comes in and posts a very intelligent, bullshido-exposing piece on the famous hands-registered-as-lethal-weapons legend that some schools still use to rip people off.

You don't check his profile or at least don't check who he is through Google to see that he is a serious guy with legit credentials. Instead, you call his piece "****."

Did you maybe misread the title as if he were pushing the hands ARE registered as lethal weapons line and now you are defensive so you won't have to admit that you snap-posted before reading? Because telling someone that posting that **** in here is a bad idea is *not* like when Snoop (or more likely Cheech) used to say "This is some smooth ****, man."

At least, you spoke carelessly and rudely to a first-time poster. You certainly didn't bother to figure out who you were talking to before you started using your cool 70s street persona on him. And it seems pretty likely you snap-posted based either on misreading the thread title or without reading the post with any care. So, why not just say, "Sorry, it was a dumb, flippant comment" and move on. Then you wouldn't be making the forum look bad to our new member by having this thread be about dealing with your defensiveness and unwillingness to admit you made a mistake.

Even if it was you acting the way you do in real life, guess what? That doesn't mean you weren't acting like a jerk. Everybody acts like a jerk in real life sometimes, too. And when they do, they should own up, apologize, and move on.

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 3:16am

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Hand registration" is one of the dumbest myths on martial arts. Although registering feet as deadly weapons should happen. Not because they're physically deadly, but because there are some people with some gnarly smelling feet.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 8:13am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Phil View Post
    I have been in the Combat Arts for over 35 years. I’ve won numerous State and National Titles, competed in International Competitions and as a Professional.I was a Department of Criminal Justice Defensive Tactics Instructor and a Licensed Body Guard. I am an NJ State Licensed MMA Trainer, Promoter, et al. Despite the fact that I have won over 300 fights and have Black Belts and Instructorships in 6 styles of Martial Arts: I HAVE YET TO HAVE MY HANDS REGISTERED AS LETHAL WEAPONS. I have also promoted dozens of students to the level of Black Belt. Not once was there a requirement for licensure of their hands. Laughable.

The fact that these “Masters” dupe their students into believing that they need to register their hands speaks volumes about the Instructor, system and school that they run. Why do they feel the need to perpetuate this myth? Lying to their students and instilling in them a false sense of security and accomplishment; only for the purposes of financial gain? It’s appalling!

Before you spend your hard earned money and jeopardize the integrity of your children’s training, check into the system and the instructor of the school that you want to sign your child up at. There are plenty of good schools in the area, but there are enough unscrupulous “Masters” out there to make it reasonable to be wary of their practices.

Watch a class and review the class curriculum. Make certain that all phases of the martial arts are addressed; striking, blocking, grappling, self defense, fitness, etc...Inquire about the testing procedure. Make certain that the students have a set of tasks that need to be performed with reasonable proficiency.

Good luck in your training!
    Hey man, I was not trying to talk your article down or insult you. I'm sorry that's the way I came across.

Now somebody should Trollshido all the **** in the middle.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 9:15am

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Now somebody should Trollshido all the **** in the middle.
    Oh . . . mmm
    I know a place
    Ain't nobody cryin'
    Ain't nobody worried
    Ain't no smilin' faces
    Mmm, no no
    Lyin' to the races
    Help me, come on, come on
    Somebody, help me now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast