Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 10:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bando, MMA, Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Hands as Lethal Weapons Myth

I have been in the Combat Arts for over 35 years. I’ve won numerous State and National Titles, competed in International Competitions and as a Professional.I was a Department of Criminal Justice Defensive Tactics Instructor and a Licensed Body Guard. I am an NJ State Licensed MMA Trainer, Promoter, et al. Despite the fact that I have won over 300 fights and have Black Belts and Instructorships in 6 styles of Martial Arts: I HAVE YET TO HAVE MY HANDS REGISTERED AS LETHAL WEAPONS. I have also promoted dozens of students to the level of Black Belt. Not once was there a requirement for licensure of their hands. Laughable.

The fact that these “Masters” dupe their students into believing that they need to register their hands speaks volumes about the Instructor, system and school that they run. Why do they feel the need to perpetuate this myth? Lying to their students and instilling in them a false sense of security and accomplishment; only for the purposes of financial gain? It’s appalling!

Before you spend your hard earned money and jeopardize the integrity of your children’s training, check into the system and the instructor of the school that you want to sign your child up at. There are plenty of good schools in the area, but there are enough unscrupulous “Masters” out there to make it reasonable to be wary of their practices.

Watch a class and review the class curriculum. Make certain that all phases of the martial arts are addressed; striking, blocking, grappling, self defense, fitness, etc...Inquire about the testing procedure. Make certain that the students have a set of tasks that need to be performed with reasonable proficiency.

Good luck in your training!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 10:53pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boy did you pick the wrong forum to post this **** in.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 10:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    LOL

When he embarrasses you,don't be a little troll bitch. Apologize and say "I should have checked your profile before I started typing."

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL

When he embarrasses you,don't be a little troll bitch. Apologize and say "I should have checked your profile before I started typing."
    Now seriously, what would I apologize for? Warning him I think he's gonna get trolled?

Also, should I know his name? Without a senior member such as yourself to vouch for him I would have had to google him.

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 11:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now seriously, what would I apologize for? Warning him I think he's gonna get trolled?

Also, should I know his name? Without a senior member such as yourself to vouch for him I would have had to google him.

STFU, lurk more, post less.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 12:39am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? The advice he throws out:
    Before you spend your hard earned money and jeopardize the integrity of your children’s training, check into the system and the instructor of the school that you want to sign your child up at. There are plenty of good schools in the area, but there are enough unscrupulous “Masters” out there to make it reasonable to be wary of their practices.

Watch a class and review the class curriculum. Make certain that all phases of the martial arts are addressed; striking, blocking, grappling, self defense, fitness, etc...Inquire about the testing procedure. Make certain that the students have a set of tasks that need to be performed with reasonable proficiency.
    Is pretty much right in line with our philosophy. He posted it in YMAS which isn't an inappropriate forum. So.... Pretty much you're just being a dick to a noob for no reason. I believe Phrost recently sent around a notice requesting that people not do that ****. So keep that in mind.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 12:42am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the name of your gym, if you don't mind me asking?
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 12:50am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was a day-one Kenpo student, I asked my instructor to explain this myth. He told me that the only thing he could think of in the USA was the requirement for boxers to register in order to obtain their state license.

On the other hand, for a small fee, I am sure I could come up with some sort of form to give the new d34dly student a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 12:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    What's the name of your gym, if you don't mind me asking?

C'mon now, assuming you're talking about the OP...

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 1:01am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to help out before someone goes and digs themselves into more trouble than they can handle, I'm pretty sure the OP is the guy winning, and it was 2 years ago:
    Last edited by Kintanon; 12/02/2012 1:04am at .
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast