Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    MMA BJJ TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Alvin Lee Pate- BJJ BB

I came across this chap and his website today: http://patemodernmartialsciences.weebly.com/

Free website. Pictures of dead ninja/ samurai on homepage. Extensive list of qualifications. Some of the names of his styles are dubious at best.

But in the list of qualifications, there it is: Black belt in BJJ. I just thought the website surrounding this sentence was enough to ask the question.

So I've emailed him to ask his lineage.

Here's hoping for a reply.

Email sent and qualifications screenshots here: http://goldax666.imgur.com/

Enjoy.

Style
    MMA BJJ TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok I just looked at the members page and it's basically a list of all Bullshido's classics:

GM Alvin Lee Pate, Kenner Louisiana-Founder/President of Pate Modern Martial Sciences
    cqb74@bellsouth.net
    GM Israel Velez III, New Jersey- Founder/President of American Modern Jujitsu,
    Velez Martial Arts Federation and President of the DLMA..
    www.IsraelVelez.com

GM Bob Yoder, Grove City OH- Founder/President of Bob Yoder's Kung Fu and Kickboxing Academy...
    www.taishudo.com

Boxing/MMA Instructor Christopher James Rainey

GM John Oliver, Wasilla Alaska-Founder/President of Wan Chuan Do Martial Arts
    Systems and President of the United States Wan Chuan Do Association..
    sifujohngoliver@gmail.com

GM Daniel Rivera, New York, NewYork-Founder/President of Long Tao Combat Federation...
    longtaocombatfederation.com

GM Leonardo Panzardo, Uruguay -Founder/President of Instituto Kali-Jun Fan, Teaches Jeet Kune Do, Kali and Kali 9 Shots...
    www.kalijunfan.com

GM Jeffery Oliver, Fort Worth Texas-Founder/President Of Patriot Combatives and Oliver Te...
    patriotcombatives.weebly.com
    towntamer2020@gmail.com
    Shihan Tyler Balleck, Linden Michigan - founder/President of Ninpo Goshin Ryu Defensive Arts Center and Founder/Chief Instructor of NGR Tactical Protection...
    tylerballeck82@gmail.com
    ngrhombu.weebly.com

Sensei Abdur Whitefeather, South Lyon MI-Founder/President of Michigan Black Scorpion Ninjutsu Society...
    abdurwhitefeather@aol.com

GM Elder James Lee Hulley Jr., Shreveport La.-Founder/President of God's Will Christian Ministry and Academy of Martial Arts..
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dr-rev-j...phd/25/34a/8b2

Sifu Warren Noel, New Orleans La. / Progressive Combat JKD Concepts R.A.T Instructor
    warren.noel80@gmail.com
    Sifu Otis Stevenson, New Orleans La. /Progressive Fighting Systems Jeet Kune Do Instructor and Founder/President of Progressive Conceptual Fightings Arts...
    immortalglory@yahoo.com
    Sensei Kendrick Hughes, New Orleans La. /Black Wolf Combatives & Pate Ryu NinpoTai Jutsu Instructor
    Kendrickhughes1974@yahoo.com
    Sensei Eric Frazier, New Orleans La. /B.W.C, P.R.N.T, Judo, R.A.T, C.G.K.J & Knife Instruct
    kenpo_4@msn.com

GM James Carlson, Oak Harbor Washigton.- Founder/ President of American Modern Jujitsu 5.0..
    jamesc0118@yahoo.com

Sifu/Guru Jason Uga, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts- President/Founder of Universal Grappling Arts... (Street Based Self Defense), Specializes in Jeet Kune Do Concepts, Kali-Silat and Krav Conditioning..
    universalgrapplingarts.com, sifuuga@gmail.com
    GM Aaron St. Louis, Lowell Massachusetts- National Director of Operations at United Martial Arts Against Crime and Founder/Chief Instructor at Smart Defense... Specialties in Street Based Martial Arts and Self Defense
    aaron.stlouis.14@facebook.com

Instructor Hector Diaz, North Carolina-2nd Level Full Circle Gung Fu Apprentice Instructor, student in Running Fist Kung Fu, Krav Maga and Combatives Training...

Shidoshi Geoffrey Spohn, Ostego Michigan- World Director of The Intercontinental Martial Arts Union and President/Founder of the Shinko Budo Kan Dojo and Tatsu Te Ryu Karate Systems...
    tatsuteryukarate@yahoo.com
    www.tatsuteryu.com
    www.ttrkarate.weebly.com
    www.theimau.com

Sifu/Guru Angel Ariz, Owner/Chief Instructor of Eastford Fisticuffs Guilde- Full Instructor in Kail-Silat & Jeet Kune Do and Modern Arnis Instructor
    https://www.facebook.com/.../Fisticuffs-G
    Fisticuffsguilde@aol.com

GM Bobby Calvert aka Ninja Bob, Nashville TN- Founder/6th Degree Black Belt of Black Scorpion Ninjutsu Society
    ninjabobcalvert@yahoo.com

Sifu/Guru Terry Brady, Senior Instructor in Survival Solutions Jeet Kune Do & Sifu in Taoist Gung Fu
    survivalsolutionsfsjkd@weebley.com
    ghostfist5@yahoo.com

Sigung Tali Yona Quosa Ukuwiyuhi, Founder of Sil-Lum Black Tiger Hung -ga -Gung-Fu Wu Shu Kwoon - Specializes in Southern Chinese Martial arts...

Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The website is pretty.

Full of awesome sauce deadly silate, ninjitsu, JKD, OCT ( which is a new craze ... I don't even know what it means but have seen it on 2 questionable flyers and now 3 times online in the last week) and pictures of guys in cammo.

The website is pretty... did I mention that?

GM Bob Yoder ---- check
    GM Alvin Lee Pate-- don't know em
    GM Israel Velez III--check
    Sensei Abdur Whitefeather- check
    GM John Oliver-- check

.... ok I am done this is just making me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    MMA BJJ TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See that's it.

Alvin Lee Pate.

Normally these guys stick to the obvious BS but he's put it there bold as brass that he is BJJ black belt.

Now I put it to you that any of these guys who even knows about BJJ MUST know about it's validity and ease of checking lineage right now. So why put it?

My quickest resolution to this is to say that if he was a legit BJJ BB he wouldn't have all the other tenuous crap on his resume. So he must be fake.

I await to be proven wrong...

Style
    MMA BJJ TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    The website is pretty.

Full of awesome sauce deadly silate, ninjitsu, JKD, OCT ( which is a new craze ... I don't even know what it means but have seen it on 2 questionable flyers and now 3 times online in the last week) and pictures of guys in cammo.

The website is pretty... did I mention that?

GM Bob Yoder ---- check
    GM Alvin Lee Pate-- don't know em
    GM Israel Velez III--check
    Sensei Abdur Whitefeather- check
    GM John Oliver-- check

.... ok I am done this is just making me sad.
    Did you notice Geoffrey Spohn further down? You must have notice Geoffrey Spohn?

I noticed Geoffrey Spohn.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I missed Geoffrey Spohn ... I will have to google his silliness later because it isn't ringing any bells.

Jeffrey Spoon ... hmmm ... yeah nothing is coming to mind. Jeffrey Spawn ... nope ... hmmm.

Did he do that really awkward video with the plastic nunchucks and wiffle balls?
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    MMA BJJ TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I missed Geoffrey Spohn ... I will have to google his silliness later because it isn't ringing any bells.

Jeffrey Spoon ... hmmm ... yeah nothing is coming to mind. Jeffrey Spawn ... nope ... hmmm.

Did he do that really awkward video with the plastic nunchucks and wiffle balls?
    Fat. He's really fat. They say inside every fat person there is a thin person waiting to get out.

Geoffrey spohn ate him.

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't have to be fit to be tactical and offensive and combative. You just have to be fit enough to pull a trigger from your motorized wheel chair and not ignite your oxygen tank.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can take out way more bad guys if you ignite that oxygen tank though. And it's not suicide bombing if you're a god fearin' gun totin' white male Christian!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On his website I counted six skulls, three fists, ten knives, one lion, one wolf and one scorpion. That's a lot of deadly stuff. Plus, he's got a ton of experience, holding a vast number of high rankings in many different arts.

I'm thinking the guy pretty much has to be legit.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last