Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 9:41am

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Very first BJJ session

So I had my first Brazilian jujutsu session yesterday. My cousin, a second stripe white belt, had invited me to train with him and his blue belt friend, who has weekly sessions at his house and attends a BJJ gym in Harrisburg. They knew I had experience with Goju ryu and BBT, and needed an extra person. Anyways, I must say, it was awesome. His friend had taught me some basic guard passes and transitions and later had me attempt to try them out in a roll. BJJ is awesome, and I'd like to thank you all for pointing me in a positive direction towards a more alive approach in training. Seriously. You guys are the best.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 11:18am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamN'Cheese View Post
    So I had my first Brazilian jujutsu session yesterday. My cousin, a second stripe white belt, had invited me to train with him and his blue belt friend, who has weekly sessions at his house and attends a BJJ gym in Harrisburg. They knew I had experience with Goju ryu and BBT, and needed an extra person. Anyways, I must say, it was awesome. His friend had taught me some basic guard passes and transitions and later had me attempt to try them out in a roll. BJJ is awesome, and I'd like to thank you all for pointing me in a positive direction towards a more alive approach in training. Seriously. You guys are the best.
    I'm glad you had a good time and that it was a positive experience. Let me ask you a question. Where is there a question about technique in your post above?

There isn't one. So I moved this thread to YMAS, our general discussion forum.

I don't think it's a difficult thing to understand. General posts belong in YMAS. Discussion or questions about specific techniques belong in the technique forum.

You've been a member here long enough to know that I think, SpamN'Cheese.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I'm glad you had a good time and that it was a positive experience. Let me ask you a question. Where is there a question about technique in your post above?

There isn't one. So I moved this thread to YMAS, our general discussion forum.

I don't think it's a difficult thing to understand. General posts belong in YMAS. Discussion or questions about specific techniques belong in the technique forum.

You've been a member here long enough to know that I think, SpamN'Cheese.
    Sorry. I actually had a question before that pertained to using certain locks used in the Bujinkan that could be applied in BJJ. Say onikudaki. From what position would be best to be able to apply it? I'm sure it's been asked before, hence, why I didn't ask.
    Last edited by SpamN'Cheese; 12/01/2012 12:43pm at .

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamN'Cheese View Post
    I actually had a question before that pertained to using certain locks used in the Bujinkan that could be applied in BJJ. Say onikudaki. From what position would be best to be able to apply it? I'm sure it's been asked before, hence, why I didn't ask.
    A quick google an it looks like you're talking about an americana/ude-garame, (though possibly applied from the opposite side). You can look those up to see how they're used, but, to be honest, you're probably best off taking a class to learn this stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 6:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    A quick google an it looks like you're talking about an americana/ude-garame, (though possibly applied from the opposite side). You can look those up to see how they're used, but, to be honest, you're probably best off taking a class to learn this stuff.

Next week, they'll do a recap of guard passing, then submissions. December 15th, I'm to go with them to Harrisburg for a seminar. Thanks for the advice.