--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fresh meat? Oh hi there!

Hello,

My name is Anne, mother of 2 children, been doing martial arts off since I was 12, but I have no significant rank. Practiced Shotokan Karate through the JKA, Kendo from somewhere, and was in the Bujinkan for a few years. Currently looking for a style suitable for myself in Madison WI, but its hard to sifting through the McDojos.

Anyhow, currently im not practicing but was thinking about going back to Bujinkan.
    I admit I am completely out of shape and going back to martial arts scares the heck out of me because of that.

Anyhow, prospect of me going back to martial arts is nice, but I do love reading the forums. Cool story I know.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. Just out of curiosity, what is the fascination with the booj?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello there!

No real curiosity with booj itself. My sensei is the best man I know though, he is a great fighter and protector (high up in the law enforcement food chain). I hope that my son will be like him some day. But my choice of martial arts so far in Madison seems to be slim since I am not part of the University. And its cheap, and I love the weapons work, and tactical talk. I really have problems with the rolling, and compared to other martial arts I dont really seem to work up as much of a sweat.

I did do something shameful and enrolled my son (6 yrs old) in a mcdojo here, as many martial arts places do not seem to train children, and if they do they run yearly contracts. He had someone very traumatic happen to him, and psychologist suggested martial arts as a way to work through things and cope. But I feel like a heel because when he is over he will ask me why I put him there.

As far as me, I worry about my budget towards MA's, and I am overweight and I know I would drag my classmates down with me by having a hard time keeping up. But thats an excuse I know. Not sure what to do but I really do love the forums here.