Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 9:38am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back to BJJ

Hey All,

So a combination of a new job, moving apartments and other things have forced me to say farewell (at least from a monthly membership standpoint) to Muay Thai - for the moment. Definitely sucks, but I found a BJJ gym 2 blocks away from my office and after a few trial classes, I signed up for a year last night. It's been almost 10 years since I last rolled (had almost a year's experience) and getting twisted into a fucking pretzel for two nights in a row is definitely a nice welcome back! Really looking forward to the upcoming year and training as much as possible.

Definitely read the ultra n00b sticky, was very helpful - hopefully I will keep all my limbs intact moving forward.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 10:49am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where in NY are you training?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    Where in NY are you training?
    Shaolin Ribeiro's gym in Hell's Kitchen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 11:13am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet. Heard that's an awesome place to train. I train at an Alliance affiliate in Queens, but sometimes will train at Alliance NY when I can fit it into my schedule.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    Sweet. Heard that's an awesome place to train. I train at an Alliance affiliate in Queens, but sometimes will train at Alliance NY when I can fit it into my schedule.
    Cool dude. All of the instructors seem great and Shaolin is very positive/supportive when everyone broke out into rolling. Again, barely informed opinion but I like what I see so far. I really appreciated the fact that when I did my trial classes, I had one-on-one technique/rolling with an instructor after the group warmup. Not sure if that will be the case for my first week or so, or if I'm getting thrown right to the lions. I'm good either way.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 1:19pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickPuncher View Post
    Hey All,

So a combination of a new job, moving apartments and other things have forced me to say farewell (at least from a monthly membership standpoint) to Muay Thai - for the moment. Definitely sucks, but I found a BJJ gym 2 blocks away from my office and after a few trial classes, I signed up for a year last night. It's been almost 10 years since I last rolled (had almost a year's experience) and getting twisted into a fucking pretzel for two nights in a row is definitely a nice welcome back! Really looking forward to the upcoming year and training as much as possible.

Definitely read the ultra n00b sticky, was very helpful - hopefully I will keep all my limbs intact moving forward.
    You posted this in the Basic Technique forum. Tell me, where is technique mentioned in the paragraph above?

Moved to YMAS.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 1:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    You posted this in the Basic Technique forum. Tell me, where is technique mentioned in the paragraph above?

Moved to YMAS.
    Good point. I've never started a thread in YMAS and never paid attention to the "General Discussion" header. Makes sense now.