Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 8:32pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose your best option is to join an improv group.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 9:14pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually had something like this happen to me when I was younger, around 21 years old. This older guy, suit tie sort of bloke, was making leery comments towards my girlfriend who was playing pool. I had the conundrum where I saw the suit and tie and thought this wouldn't play out well for the baggy jeaned youth I was, especially considering it was in Surry Hills, an "in the process of gentrification" area where police presence was heavy. I stood up to him and his apology was both snarky and disingenuous, but it was an apology nonetheless and instead of playing into his game of instigation, where I would be the one that appeared to attack, I walked away with my girl. I can tell you that I was furious with myself for not decking him, but at the same time, I also probably saved myself a lot of hassle.

This can also be hella dangerous. I was with the same girlfriend late at night at Parramatta station, if you know of Parramatta, particularly in the 90s and early 2000's you will be aware of it being a hot spot for gang-like violence particularly from individuals of certain ethnic backgrounds. It's still not particularly safe, but it's nothing like when I used to hang out there. Anyway, this particular night I was talking with my girl waiting for a bus or something and this dude was yelling out **** from up the street. I didn't take notice until my girl told me that they were yelling "slut" and directing it toward her. I didn't have glasses at the time, despite my eyesight not being the best, so I stood up and gave the chest out arms splayed universal gesture commonly interpreted as "come at me, bro". Dude did come at me. With a long neck (US equivalent of 40s) as a weapon. His two mates flanked me with the impression they were trying to stop the guy from doing something stupid (a common tactic amongst these particular types, I'm not going to use the ethnic slur, in these situations, they flank and make it look like they are trying to help you by keeping their mate calm, but you make one move and they turn on you). I asked him why he was calling my girl a slut, he denied he was, so I said, no worries, we have no problem if you weren't. He was obviously raring for a blue, so he kept at it and I maintained that if he wasn't calling my girl a slut then there was no problem. Obviously he was but he wasn't man enough to admit it. Anyway, his aggression escalated when suddenly out of nowhere a couple of Islander blokes came round the corner, looked at me seriously outnumbered and said to me, "don't worry, bro, we got this".

End result, one of the Islanders got arrested, the three that forced my hand got off scot free and I almost got arrested for trying to stop the police brutality that was being administered to the Islander they caught.

So it is definitely situational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 9:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing chun!
    JK. hahaha maybe tang soo do or shotokan karate, but don't join a shitty school or you will probably get killed.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess it depends on which girlfriend, but most of mine have MA training and are pretty capable of handling their own in a scrap. So in most cases, I guess I'd hold the guys arms while she punched him or vice versa.
    That's teamwork, right there. That's how you build successful relationships.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 9:49pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fine60nine View Post
    Wing chun!
    JK. hahaha maybe tang soo do or shotokan karate, but don't join a shitty school or you will probably get killed.
    No. Bad n00b. Go here, introduce yourself in a thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

THEN read a bit more of the site and learn more about why we don't advocate WC, instead of hoping that your "LOL, chun sucks" endears us to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 10:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the op.

First of all, nobody should be able to get a word in edge wise when it comes to insulting your bitch. You need to man the **** up and put so much verbal smack down on your Ho when in public that nobody would dare step up into that action.

Secondly you suck. Come back when you suck less.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 10:54pm

Style: Thai Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would you be taking a woman out in public? What if she starts having emotions and periods all over the place?

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 10:58pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your wife is getting insulted every time you go out, perhaps you should have a few words with your wife :D

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 11:19pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question, what kind of insults is she garnering?

Was it anything along the line of:

You might people a colony with her; or give an assembly with her; or perhaps take your morning walks around her, always providing there were frequent resting places and you are in rude health. I was once rash enough to try walking around her before breakfast, but only got half way and gave up exhausted. Or you might read the Riot Act and disperse her; in short, you might do anything with her but marry her.
    If so, a quick quip from the following should have that mischievous upstart in all sorts of discombobulation:

http://www.insultlikeasir.com/
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 11/29/2012 11:25pm at .
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 11:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bro, watch this training video. It will tell you everything you need to know about self defense.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast