Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 7:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a waiter at a not very cheap restaurant get snarky with my wife. I started to get out of my chair with bad intentions and he almost had a heart attack. Turns out the restaurant is "famous" or infamous for its persnickety waiters, it was just an act. No one told me. I thought the guy was insane. I'm 6'3", 245lbs and have no trouble banging it out if I have to. He was nice the rest of the night though. 25% tip. 95% of the time I let verbal **** go. Let them have the last word, you have the last action. Someone talking **** to your lady is hard to let pass though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 11:38pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's clear what you must do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 11:58pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best thing would be to walk away....but hard to do when it gets personal!

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 11:59pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Let them have the last word, you have the last action.
    Gerbil VooDoo: Lesson 1

:)

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't count the times I've dealt w/ rude or threatening people. It kinda comes with the territory, playing in the subway. I've gotten pretty good at it IMO. Most importantly, I've not punched a single soul out there, in all these years.
    That includes many insults/threats to gf aswell, who plays w/ me.

It's a highly complex dynamic down there. Fortunately the physicality of navigating it has been restricted to throwing a few people down, who actually came at me, closing the distance and forcing my hand.

:)

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 1:06am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...Even then, they don't get the danga da danga da dang, because having trained, I have to not pummel when I can restrain/repell/redirect.

We were often told keep it in the gym, which I took to heart. If I had to, ok...but it would need to be dire indeed. Dire by city standards, not the burbs. Simple death threats or angry flail attacks won't trigger that. Words can be devastating in most instances.
    Especially after tooling someone without hurting them...if they do attack.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 1:18am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's a good point that no matter how much training you have you never really no what the other guy has up his sleeve. Could be better trained, could be a knife or a gun. Best to diffuse the situation if at all possible and only resort to anything physical as a last resort.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    The Mann vs. Machine update really fucked their story up, which is disappointing. Otherwise I find the game enjoyable until I hit the ceiling of frustration I will allow myself to experience because those god damn kids have nOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN PLAY THE GAME ALL DAY AND JESUS CHRIST WHY DOES THE SOLDIER ALWAYS CROCKET ME EVEN WHEN I GO HEAVY IT'S LIKE SPY CITY AND WHEN I IMMEDIATELY SWITCH TO PYRO IT BECOMES DEMO SPAWN CAMPING ALLEY IT'S LIKE WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON.
    You're playing the wrong game, pal.
    Try world of tanks, also free to play, excellent gameplay, you download a client yet most important procedures are server side so you dont see any hackers.
    Pure skills and tankfun.

Oh when I think of all the dreams of noobs I crashed in mah fokkin Tiger tank.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I had a waiter at a not very cheap restaurant get snarky with my wife. I started to get out of my chair with bad intentions and he almost had a heart attack. Turns out the restaurant is "famous" or infamous for its persnickety waiters, it was just an act. No one told me. I thought the guy was insane. I'm 6'3", 245lbs and have no trouble banging it out if I have to. He was nice the rest of the night though. 25% tip.
    ahahaha!
    There's also one in czech republic where dwarves and **** go around insulting stuff like: 'your teeth are like the stars, yellow and miles apart'
    I didnt really understand these people as i dont speak their language but the rest had good fun with it.
    The funny thing is, when you're a foreigner they just ignore you and go on to insult someone who can understand them.
    win-win.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    You're playing the wrong game, pal.
    Try world of tanks, also free to play, excellent gameplay, you download a client yet most important procedures are server side so you dont see any hackers.
    Pure skills and tankfun.

Oh when I think of all the dreams of noobs I crashed in mah fokkin Tiger tank.
    Better yet, if your PC can handle it give Planetside 2 a try, giant 3-way persistent battleground with tanks/air/inf. It is a bit demanding on the pc resources though.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast