Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 8:27pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Warrior Dash 2013: Muddy Boogaloo

Some of you may remember that I raised a bunch of money for St. Jude's Children's Hospitals last spring by participating in the Warrior Dash. There's a whole clusterfuck of a thread on that in Trollshido if you'd like to see it in its entirety. Well, a new year's a-coming, and a new race is here. I'm going to race again, and then drink all their beer! Cyber Monday (so not what it sounds like, unfortunately) allowed me to sign up for the Warrior Dash for super cheap!

Yes, Warrior Dash ridiculousness has once again come to Bullshido! As before, I am offering to perform stupid human tricks for donations to St. Jude's. If I can raise $500, I'll do the Dash in a chain mail hauberk. If I can raise $750, I'll do the dash in plate! Last year, I raised $1,240 total. I dyed my hair, screamed inane phrases, did push-ups after every obstacle, wore make-up, and did a number of other feats of silliness to reach my goal.

As before, just talk to me about what you'd like me to do, and we'll work out a donation. You donate, I do it! Want your name scrawled in Sharpie on my forehead? Want to make me skip like a schoolgirl? Ask to kiss the hands of men in kilts? Get creative, and then dig deep. On February 23, 2013, I have a hot date with Dillingham Ranch once again to go balls to the wall for a bunch of sick kids.

Since I know Bullshido loves to feast upon the suffering of others, JT's Training Blog is where you can go to follow my work-up to the Warrior Dash. I will post a donation linky soon, once I get the information from St. Jude's (it generally takes them a couple days to set it up). Start thinking about what you'd like your two bits to do. Its time to make a fat man sweat for charity!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2012 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Donations! You has them.

Oh boy! It's time once again for the fracas to ensue!

The donation linky is up, and now you can get in on the action.

Just click on the link, and you can donate money to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospitals by way of me running the Warrior Dash. If you want more bang for your buck, ask me to do something ridiculous for you during the race! Punish me for charity, and enjoy the show.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 8:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first weekend passed till the Dash, and I'm at $175 in donations! I've also got my training blog still running, so you can laugh at my pain. I'll post some more pictures of me in armor when I get the plate back up to speed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Happy New Year!

It's 2013. You've gained 15 pounds of egg nog-flavored flab, you still have 2 dozen Christmas cookies to finish, and you haven't cleaned your bathroom in weeks because all your free time is spent on your new game that you got. It's ok. That's how we humans get through those cold, dark times in winter.

However, I am not in a cold, dark place. It's rather warm in Hawaii, albeit a little wet. And I have a mission for my new year- run the Warrior Dash and raise money for St. Jude. So let me do the work-outs and exercising for you! All you need do is donate (check out the link) to my cause, and continue your gravy and cookie based diet for a few more weeks guilt free! You don't even have to clean your bathroom. Make your New Year's resolution mine, and help some sick kids!

*Edit* I just agreed to do 50 push-ups after every obstacle for a $250 donation. That's going to put me at $425- easily in range of chain mail. There's a good chance I'll be doing these pushups in 30 pounds of plate armor. Woot!
    Last edited by Muerteds; 1/03/2013 4:56pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2013 6:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

T-minus 1 week and counting

That's right. One week until I sally forth and prove that I am all that is man. One week until I put my poor abused body to the test for charity. One week until I stop bugging you to be the men of action Sirc wants you to be!

I got the police called on me the other day while training. Someone saw me in the park, and called the police, concerned that I was in distress. Distress, yes, but a distress of my own making. They were very nice, despite thinking I am slightly crazy for doing 500 pushups in armor for a workout.

So donate to https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPortal/public/displayUserPage.do?userId=920234&programId=2252&ev entId=333022

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2013 6:14pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm, the edit function is broken. Shame.

Well, anyways, the link to donate to St. Jude Children's Hospital for the Warrior Dash is here.

Make some kids happy and me suffer!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 6:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not a wealthy person- government salaries aren't penury by any means, but I'm certainly on the level of medium pimpin'. However, I am driven (ok, stubborn), and I can use that drive (stubbornness) to create a good far greater than I could affect on my own. For two years, I have been amazed and astounded by the generosity of family, friends, acquaintances, and even strangers in helping me expand that seed of stubborn into something greater.

Today is no exception, as the Warrior Dash nears. Generosity from all quarters has enabled me to help kids at St. Jude. My running around a field in plate armor, making life suck for a little while for your entertainment... it's the backdrop to the truth spoken in a recent movie, "The Hobbit": "Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."

Your small acts of kindness and love are what is keeping the darkness at bay for a lot of kids. Heroes, all of you, though they may not know it. In two days' time, I'll go be a public buffoon for you heroes. If you want to be a hero, too, click on the link below. You don't even have to go meet Smaug ;).

Link

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2013 10:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me make yesterday a big success for St. Jude. I raised $825, and got a future pledge of $250. Not too shabby at all. I did all 3 miles, all 12 obstacles, and 600 push-ups in plate armor. I didn't run the Dash as much as I would have liked, simply because the ground was a muddy morass in places. That, and I was exhausted from the push-ups.

I have a few pictures of me mugging for the camera before the Dash, but we didn't get any afterwards. We were all too muddy and exhausted. However, when the professional pictures become available, I shall get them, and display them proudly for all to see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32141_10151457628007229_1268246593_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	14585
    Sadly, I didn't have any Captain in me, as I had to drive there.

Name:	76092_10151457697967229_547529213_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	14586
    Once again, I took a donation to wear a cape for an Amtgard group. It still looks pretty good after last year's mud fest.

Name:	179602_10151457625952229_942722132_n.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	14587
    My eldest ran this year for the first time. Heck, this was her first time doing anything so absolutely strenuous and dirty. She did great.