218358 Bullies, 6063 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 55
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
  1. Goa Tse is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 5:23pm


     Style: Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....I forgot just how brutal snow can get without gloves. First i'm going to buy some winter gloves, then I'm going to build a snowman next time we get some decent snow.
  2. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,365

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 5:27pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goa Tse View Post
    The real reason for that is that at some point, society decides that we're too old to "play" on a playground and need to go inside and "work out" in more structured ways on much less fun machines. I think the Play/Work mindset is part of it.
    Well, a lot of those self directed physical activities aren't that great for exercise, and the need for exercise is greater for adults who need to sit for more hours in sedentary jobs. Working a desk job and playing a round of disc golf, or going for a walk aren't really comparable to going to a gym.

    Having said that, I'm a big advocate of active leisure activities to stay in shape, and I think it would be waaaay awesome if they made playgrounds for adults.
  3. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,459

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 6:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think it would be waaaay awesome if they made playgrounds for adults.
    I heard adult swings and adult twister do pretty well for themselves.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  4. Lindz is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    2,998

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 7:47pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goa Tse View Post
    The real reason for that is that at some point, society decides that we're too old to "play" on a playground and need to go inside and "work out" in more structured ways on much less fun machines. I think the Play/Work mindset is part of it.
    Go to a community centre and you'll see adults playing games like "basketball" "volleyball" etc. Go to a martial arts class and you'll play games like "smack on the back with the earth" "break his arm" and "KO"
  5. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,097

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 11:27pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mentioned Cohen's rant to the girlfriend, and we watched Casino Royale again this evening. Yes, Daniel Craig is an awesome Bond. **** you, Richard Cohen.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,609

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 11:54pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goa Tse View Post
    I will admit that I agree that spending time in a gym seems like a waste of time. Tried it for a month or so and found it really dull and unappealing. I also freely admit it's part of why I'm in bad shape.

    The real reason for that is that at some point, society decides that we're too old to "play" on a playground and need to go inside and "work out" in more structured ways on much less fun machines. I think the Play/Work mindset is part of it.

    This is instead of enjoying ourselves during self-directed physical activity out in the open. Part of it is that our imaginations become less powerful as we age, too.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go outside and try to get in a snowball fight before it all melts. How's that for living, Mr. Cohen?
    Hey, give congress whatever it is that makes you say this ****, then we can get the economy back on track.
  7. Dickhead is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    12/02/2012 10:28am


     Style: jkd

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    So you're saying 50 Cent is not quick witted, can't handle himself in a fight, and isn't sharp enough to spread his genes?
    Writing songs about 'shootin up yo momma's house' and forcing women into prostitution doesn't make you 'quick witted'. Neither does complaining about 'this white man's world' while reinforcing harmful stereotypes about your own ethnicity.
    I've seen no evidence for or against his actually being able to fight. Lifting weights doesn't translate directly into ability to handle oneself in a fight, obviously. Strength is obviously a plus, but it isn't a one to one thing.
    He has made having a severe overbite popular once more, in his defense.
  8. Dickhead is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    12/02/2012 10:35am


     Style: jkd

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back on topic, Mr Cohen is obviously an out of shape fag. He's basically trying to argue the premise of Revenge Of The Nerds.
  9. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,238

    Posted On:
    12/02/2012 11:20pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead View Post
    Writing songs about 'shootin up yo momma's house' and forcing women into prostitution doesn't make you 'quick witted'. Neither does complaining about 'this white man's world' while reinforcing harmful stereotypes about your own ethnicity.
    I've seen no evidence for or against his actually being able to fight. Lifting weights doesn't translate directly into ability to handle oneself in a fight, obviously. Strength is obviously a plus, but it isn't a one to one thing.
    He has made having a severe overbite popular once more, in his defense.
    Your assumption that he isn't "quick witted" based on a few lines of his lyrics is absurd. Your assumptions that 50 can't fight because you've seen no evidence is absurd. Your assumption that overbites were ever popular, let alone are now popular because of 50 is absurd.

    You need to do some more research.

    G-G-G-G-UNIT.

    Seriously, though, you know **** all about 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  10. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,238

    Posted On:
    12/02/2012 11:26pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, from Wiki:
    At age eleven, Jackson started boxing. The following year, Jackson started working with narcotics but informed his grandparents he attended school programs.[17] During this time, he began bringing guns and drug money to school. When Jackson was fourteen years old, a neighbor opened a boxing gym for local youth. He recalled: "When I wasn't killing time in school, I was sparring in the gym or selling crack on the strip."[18] In the mid-1980s, Jackson competed in the Junior Olympics as an amateur boxer. He later stated: "I was competitive in the ring and hip-hop is competitive too... I think rappers condition themselves like boxers, so they all kind of feel like they're the champ".[19] At the age of sixteen, he was caught by metal detectors at Andrew Jackson High School. He later explained that he was embarrassed by his subsequent arrest and confessed to his grandmother that he was selling drugs.[16]
    Yeah, you're right, I bet 50 can't fight for ****.

    I also reckon, because he was a crack dealer, that he was probably an ignorant street thug. I mean, it was just luck that he built a multi million dollar empire, probably because he complained so much about the white man.

    Here's some reading for you: The 50th Law- 50 Cent and Robert Greene.

    You may know Robert Greene, but then again, you probably don't. He wrote The 48 Laws of Power.

    You might need to keep your veiled bigotry to yourself from now on, Dickhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.