Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post
    Eh, this wasn't the anemic treatise against physical culture I was expecting from the excerpt. All he really says, with some annoying hyperbole meant to be a little inflammatory, is that he was upset that the Bond of Skyfall triumphed physically all the time rather than having to outsmart a much more powerful Oddjob or something like that.
    Go see the movie....

THIS movie is all about smarts, chases, and Homage to the old classic Bonds Films he is whining about.

When you remove that part, he is complaining about the "gym rat." When you say training to get that look means you "missed conversations blah blah blah" you are targeting that culture. You write articles, you know the time involved, that little phrases applies to you as well.

He is complaining IMO. No, that is not a dig at your profession, it is pointing out his logical fallacy.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/29/2012 3:04pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 3:58pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Go see the movie....

THIS movie is all about smarts, chases, and Homage to the old classic Bonds Films he is whining about.

When you remove that part, he is complaining about the "gym rat." When you say training to get that look means you "missed conversations blah blah blah" you are targeting that culture. You write articles, you know the time involved, that little phrases applies to you as well.

He is complaining IMO. No, that is not a dig at your profession, it is pointing out his logical fallacy.
    Oh, I recognize that it is intentionally inflammatory language towards guys like us. Also, I mentioned I haven't seen the movie yet. So, if it is as you say then that removes any substance I may have perceived from the article and just leaves the whining.

Assuming you have proper taste in movies that I would assume from some of your other posts and he is just complaining, it's still not as bad as I thought it would be from the excerpt.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 4:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post
    Oh, I recognize that it is intentionally inflammatory language towards guys like us. Also, I mentioned I haven't seen the movie yet. So, if it is as you say then that removes any substance I may have perceived from the article and just leaves the whining.

Assuming you have proper taste in movies that I would assume from some of your other posts and he is just complaining, it's still not as bad as I thought it would be from the excerpt.
    Gotcha, that makes complete sense.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    ...and the fattening of America is complete. A douchebag is complaining about someone chasing youth?
    Complacency and negligence (in fitness) are issues, but this ass-hat is tipping the scales in more ways than one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    50 cent is famous for exemplifying an unfair stereotype. (Black people as simple and brutish) I presented him as a character who is not as possitive a role model as 007.
    O.K. You do realize that 007 is a womanizer who has killed more people than the Bloods and Crips combined!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Dick has watched too much Jersey Shore.
    Ten minutes of any one episode is too much Jersey Shore.

Daniel Craig is married to Rachel Weisz; that alone is enough incentive to stay in shape.

Last edited by slamdunc; 11/30/2012 12:31pm at .

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 12:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    O.K. You do realize that 007 is a womanizer who has killed more people than the Bloods and Crips combined!?!?
    And an alcoholic!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the Daniel Craig Bond movies actually show Bond thinking and working on his feet better than some of the "classic" ones, where Bond wasn't as ripped but got out of sticky situations with deus ex machina gadgets from Q.

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think the Daniel Craig Bond movies actually show Bond thinking and working on his feet better than some of the "classic" ones, where Bond wasn't as ripped but got out of sticky situations with deus ex machina gadgets from Q.
    This new series is definitely more grounded in reality that the last one with Brosnan. The "gritty re-boot" approach was big improvment in this case JMHO.

We do see Bond improvising with his environment a lot more as oposed to the Magic Feathers and Chekov's Gun tropes common to the campy variety of Bond films.

Choen's just butt-hurt that he's let himself go when others of his generation are maintaing a level of helth that is beyond his comprehension. His ego is preventing him from making a possitive life descision based on his revelation. Instead of getting inspired he's lashing out. (Not terribly "intelectual" of him in my opinion...)

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 3:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fat chicks are the future.
    Learn to love the padding during earthquakes and vehicular collision.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 5:09pm

Style: Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will admit that I agree that spending time in a gym seems like a waste of time. Tried it for a month or so and found it really dull and unappealing. I also freely admit it's part of why I'm in bad shape.

The real reason for that is that at some point, society decides that we're too old to "play" on a playground and need to go inside and "work out" in more structured ways on much less fun machines. I think the Play/Work mindset is part of it.

This is instead of enjoying ourselves during self-directed physical activity out in the open. Part of it is that our imaginations become less powerful as we age, too.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go outside and try to get in a snowball fight before it all melts. How's that for living, Mr. Cohen?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 5:13pm

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just sounds like a creepy old guy who likes to score young girls using his "experience" and is not happy with fit, older guys showing him up for what he is...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast