Style
    Combatives
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any decent schools west of Melbourne AUS?

Hey all, new here, so apologies if this isnt the best place for this thread, but I'm looking for a decent RBSD/ Military Combatives style school in the western suburbs of Melbourne. I'm ex security, soon to be ex military, but may move into LE, or back to security,etc
    I've done TKD,MMA,Karate, JJJ and the past 2 years (military) studying combatives, cqc,etc. I'm familiar with Grover/Mccann's work, as well as some of the more popularexponents of this. I've tried my hand at St. Kilda systema, which was...not for me, the traditional JJJ school I came from was excellent in terms of technique and application, but as always, no sparring, no aliveness etc.
    Can anyone help me out? - Steve0

Style
    Combatives
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couldnt find a way to edit, so a few more points:
    *Doesnt have to be RBSD, any complete system that has the full spectrum of fighting, ie striking, ground work, takedowns, etc
    * The more often I can train, the better
    * as with anything, the value for money is a factor
    * Nothing that has a "oh we dont do that because its not in the rules" type thing, ie leg kicks, takedowns, throws. strikes to the head etc
    *sparring is a must

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Steve0,
    Welcome to bullshido, and Newbietown is the place to put this.

Honestly, we only have a couple of posters in the melbourne area that are really active, so I don't know how much help we can be.
    That said, a google search of your area for BJJ, Judo, Boxing, MMA, Muay Thai etc schools will bring up the places that might offer what you want. From there it's simply a process of narrowing it down. There are a few MMA places around there, I think, but I couldn't tell you where.

As for doing things that 'aren't in the rules' it will depend on the kind of school it is. Keep in mind that strikes to the head are pretty normal fare for boxing and some MMA schools, but they may not do them every class to allow newer members to become accustomed over time and to stop dickheads going overboard and TKO'ing people every time they spar.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Style
    Combatives
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheers for the reply mate, yeah I've found a few in the area, which are either ridiculsouly expensive, or in the case of one, has enormous class sizes (20-40 people)
    I'm still fairly sure I'm thinking more along the lines of jiu jitsu (JJJ) or judo with more of a combat/self defense application/mindset. Krav is a bit of an issue for me because a large portion of the people teaching it are personal trainers fresh off a 5 week course, and then there's the camouflage pant wearing, room clearing, neck snapping ninjer/ "special"forces wannabe types. Plus the few I've seen seem to be jiu jitsu with some boxing and stomping added for good measure. If anyone knows about RAW combatives or senshido in Melb, would be greatly appreciated