Style
    Sand
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First post, first fight

What is going on everybody?. My name is Marco and i am from Costa Rica( pretty far away from the bullshido HQ). I have been a practicioner of martial arts since i was 6 years old, and i am recently contemplating booking my first fight(vale tudo). This fight is gonna be for pure fun, i WILL NOT FIGHT FOR A LIVING!!
    I wanted to ask for advice(especially the forerunners and the vets), should i drop lifting weights?, should i practice more grappling, striking?, should i fight at welter weight or at light weight(being 5"9)?, should i be scared?. Thank my fellow bullshidos!!

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The lighter you are the lighter your opponents will be. If you have a medium built and you are 5'9 you should be a light weight. Better take the fight seriously or you will lose and possibly get injured. What is your training regime now? do you have a good trainer that prepares you to the fight? When is the fight. Better give way more details if you want any answers. Like your training schedule, your MA background where you train etc.
    All the best.