Elvis was a pretty good role model for a king

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 8:17pm

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Sub-Saharan Africans have the lowest average IQ on the planet.
    I don't think I ever disagreed with this. My problem is not that the statement is true or not but why you, or whoever would want to make it in the first place.

With a decent, progressive education system, people get smarter, which offsets the tendency for average IQ falling through higher birthrates from those with low IQ's. With decent healthcare, infant mortality goes down.

My point is and always has been that our anger should be directed against the people who run and support these shitty regimes rather than the poor bastards at the bottom of the pile.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    Essentially, "I'm a fuckwit bigot."
    It has nothing to do with bigotry, I just find it stupid to have multiple kids that you can't feed regardless of where you live. And in respect to that I don't feel that it should be the obligation of others to pay for their purposeful mistake.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It has nothing to do with bigotry, I just find it stupid to have multiple kids that you can't feed regardless of where you live. And in respect to that I don't feel that it should be the obligation of others to pay for their purposeful mistake.
    So you exaggerate the birth rate to support your skewed world view. Nowhere in the world has average birth rates of 17. The highest is Niger with 7.52. You just use these figures to push your agenda. Same with the average IQ figures.

How many families in Niger are you actively supporting? Why does it bother you so much?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 9:12am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My problem is not that the statement is true or not but why you, or whoever would want to make it in the first place.
    Wow. I can't relate to this mindset at all. That's so far from my way of thinking I'm not even sure how to respond. The truth is always worth saying. The degree to which the truth rubs people the wrong way is irrelevant. The idea that the truth should be kept quiet to avoid offending people is completely nonsensical to me. That philosophy is a hindrance to the progression of mankind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 9:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Wow. I can't relate to this mindset at all. That's so far from my way of thinking I'm not even sure how to respond. The truth is always worth saying. The degree to which the truth rubs people the wrong way is irrelevant. The idea that the truth should be kept quiet to avoid offending people is completely nonsensical to me. That philosophy is a hindrance to the progression of mankind.
    I think that there are many ways in which we can't relate to each other, Devil.

I'm retiring from this thread.

Thank you and good night.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 10:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that there are many ways in which we can't relate to each other, Devil.
    No worries. I don't hate you just for being wrong.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 12:29pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Savethechildren??

At some point in your family tree it is likely that your ancestors faced desperate situations with little to no food. They went ahead and had children that would face starvation. They likely had no hope for aid (like the majority of desperately poor people today) and went ahead with life. This is what you are calling stupid. It is a very human trait that has existed throughout time. I hope this answers your original question.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    At some point in your family tree it is likely that your ancestors faced desperate situations with little to no food. They went ahead and had children that would face starvation. They likely had no hope for aid (like the majority of desperately poor people today) and went ahead with life. This is what you are calling stupid. It is a very human trait that has existed throughout time. I hope this answers your original question.
    Yes actually it does. See now you have completely deflated my original argument.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 4:05pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Savethechildren??

Yes actually it does. See now you have completely deflated my original argument.
    Well that's only your first question. Your second is regarding why we should help them. My answer: they are humans not beasts. (In many situations we help beasts as well but I will leave that to a different discussion.) Shared humanity leads to a moral imperative to help. Often it is not possible to help due to various reasons. Sometimes it is possible; the moral imperative does not include an exception for poor choices made by the overall society.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast