Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 5:32am

Style: Aiki, I-Chuan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, you can see what he is talking about in the fantastic movie called of all things............"Snatch." It is with Brad Pitt and a total guy movie. Its all about the Gypsy trash they have there in England. I wasnt sure those gypsies really still existed in England but our man here is reporting they do. Plus lets be real, how many guys on this board out of 100 ,no matter what arts or experience you have, is going to win a fight against a bare knuckle fighter? I say tops 2%! Rent that movie or maybe stream it on Netflix and let me know if that movie isnt the bomb! Not 4 boring minutes in the entire 2 hour movie!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 5:34am

Style: Aiki, I-Chuan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninja, with all due respect, if he avoids Aikido, wont he insult Steven Seagal? And then what happens if steven with all his money, hires some hacker to trace where the post is coming from. The man could lose his life,no?

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 5:56am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy96 View Post
    Hey :D

I've talked to my friend who's done judo for ages and she's invited me to come to her club. Her father is the Sensai there and she said that as soon as he thinks I can breakfall they start doing full-on sparring, which sounds good :)

Should I do another martial art (if I do, preferably a striking one) or should I focus on this one for now?
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    BTW take your small friend with you, the one that gets you both into fights. He needs to start taking care of himself better.
    The most sustainable approach would be to make your victimised small friend self sufficient in balls

Even though its may seem very noble of you to be his white knight, by fighting his battles for him you are disempowering him and putting your self into avoidable danger.

Be there to back him up alright, but he's got to start standing up for himself, or he'd better get used to being someones' bitch

Also having a buddy to train with can be great crack.

Unless he might cramp your style with judo girl that is, then **** him! Is she hot?
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 7:47am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome advice, I'd take it myself if I wasn't already living it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    If you're gonna have a "fair go" boxing is the thing. If your concern is jumped by groups of travellers, get some quality running shoes.
    The fair fight thing doesn't exist outside sanctioned competition. I always told people either not to have a problem with the fact that I don't fight fair, or not to **** with me.

Nothing you train will turn a group stomp into str33t victory. Work on your situational awareness.
    Know where you are at all times. Plot out escape routes, geographically advantageous ("the high ground") positions, and any potential source of weaponry. Also knowing your proximity to crowded areas and police stations will benefit you.

Train in a combat sport. Judo, Boxing, Kick boxong, Muay Thai, and leave asshole friends at home when you go out. More trouble than they're worth.
    Absolutely, unless your friend can be a sacrificial lamb (ie. you don't care enough to save his ass and you are able to out-run him), leave him at the house.

Let's see, what else? Avoid Aikido, get your cardio and conditioning up.
    Condition, condition, condition; the cardio will benefit you in many ways. The oxygenation will help you thing more clearly, meaning you will probably be busy training and not put yourself in some dumbass situation in the first place. The physical part will help you greatly whether you choose to run or fight. Conditioning is key with anything in life you choose to do. Be smarter than you are tough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post

Unless he might cramp your style with judo girl that is, then **** him! Is she hot?
    Dude, she's a friend, and I dont get with friends that go to my school, cos then I have to see them every day, I've tried that, and seeing a girl everyday feels like a committed relationship, which terrifies me.

Besides, that'd be weird, if I got with her, I'd be grappling my girlfriend as I'm joining her club, which would be crossing into wifebeaty area sort of :\

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 2:21pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Besides, that'd be weird, if I got with her, I'd be grappling my girlfriend as I'm joining her club, which would be crossing into wifebeaty area sort of :\
    If she has been doing it a while it might be you getting the beating

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 2:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well in this situation probably more like husband beating noob ;]
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 2:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I very much doubt I'll be the one getting the beating, I've got a 4 inch and 25KG advantage on her, and she said weight and strength are very important when you are doing judo as a child, so she said I'd kick her ass if we sparred?

Tho apparently she said that too someone else who joined, who was also a big guy, and she took him down ridiculously easy time after time, and he ragequitted

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 2:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I very much doubt I'll be the one getting the beating, I've got a 4 inch and 25KG advantage on her, and she said weight and strength are very important when you are doing judo as a child, so she said I'd kick her ass if we sparred?

Tho apparently she said that too someone else who joined, who was also a big guy, and she took him down ridiculously easy time after time, and he ragequitted
    And then there's her dad

*edit*What age are you

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, she's a friend, and I dont get with friends that go to my school, cos then I have to see them every day, I've tried that, and seeing a girl everyday feels like a committed relationship, which terrifies me.

hmmmm worried she will reject you because your in the friends zone?
    King without a crown
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast