Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 1:06pm

Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Calm down no one attacked 'you'..the opinion was 'attacked', see the many posts above telling you where you went wrong..politely by the standards of this site btw.

This is why in my first response I recommended you read more on the forums so you can get a sense of how things are here.

Hang out for a bit read about and you will learn ****, a lot of experienced, knowledgeable and occasionally rude people will be happy to help you out, it may ( like MA ) may hurt a little.
    Its fine, I myself dont practice Aikido but Ive always admired it and learned only a tiny bit.

Obviously I shouldnt have recommended a MA Ive spent very little time in, and you guys called me out on it. I wanted to throw in something I like that has not been among the styles I focused on in my training. Im guessing that the actual Aikido practitioners on this site get bashed on quite a bit, if there are any on here at all.

But you gotta admit those first 4 Seagal movies are awesome. Before he became a bloated joke.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 1:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope. One of the staff practices Aikido EXTENSIVELY. Bashed happens when you say things like this:
    Try something like Aikido, you will learn good wrist lock techniques and throws that can cripple your opponent without so much strength involved.
    Without ANY proof except anecdotes. The ones that stick around figure out how to discuss their art in a rational non-hyperbolic manner.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Prepare yourselves, for the Aikimontage cometh...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 1:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arise View Post
    Its fine, I myself dont practice Aikido but Ive always admired it and learned only a tiny bit.

Obviously I shouldnt have recommended a MA Ive spent very little time in, and you guys called me out on it. I wanted to throw in something I like that has not been among the styles I focused on in my training. Im guessing that the actual Aikido practitioners on this site get bashed on quite a bit, if there are any on here at all.

But you gotta admit those first 4 Seagal movies are awesome. Before he became a bloated joke.
    I suggest you stop using the word LEARNED so casually..you didn't learn a tiny bit of Aikido, its an art and like all arts progress is measured on long timescales. White Rabbit corrected you on this. I'm not being a bitch and it may seem pedantic to you but in this context I think its not insignificant.

Yeah the early Seagull stuff was a riot..the later stuff is hilarious for all the wrong reasons..but i do like to laugh..his 'serious' stuff is even funnier.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerawks View Post
    Good ukemi

Arise read this book

Registered Member

New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All you need to do is learn the lug wrench. Then you've got all the bases covered. Why waste your time with other stuff? You could spend that time sleeping, drinking booze, and eating pizza.

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 3:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arise View Post
    Not really, I just suggested Aikido and got attacked on here by multiple users.

And did your aikido help you defend against multiple users? Nooooo. Now imagine if they were right in front of you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:03am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may have missed the post, but did the OP even mention any MA schools nearby? It'd at least give you a direction to start in...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 3:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey :D

I've talked to my friend who's done judo for ages and she's invited me to come to her club. Her father is the Sensai there and she said that as soon as he thinks I can breakfall they start doing full-on sparring, which sounds good :)

Should I do another martial art (if I do, preferably a striking one) or should I focus on this one for now?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 4:19am

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say **** it all and go live with the pikeys for a few months. They will teach you how to beat the **** out of anybody who even dares to try to attempt to think about walking down the same street as you with no shame. Once you have learnt how to do that they will teach you how to live off the land (or other peoples at least) and then get by asking people if you can fight them for their dog. If that fails, the least you will learn is how not to pay your taxes and drive around in stolen vehicles without being bothered by the law!

Or you could try Muay Thai if you wanna kick/punch people.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast