Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 10:28am

Style: Shou Shu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    He does Shou Shou..he's very dangerous.. probably to himself.
    Ive never trained much in Aikido I just enjoy some of the techniques I learned.

I have trained in Jiu Jitsu and currently Shou Shu. I guess people on bullshido like to attack others and accuse other styles of being **** constantly. Another troll site, oh well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 10:35am

Style: Shou Shu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Brown View Post
    If you stick around here long enough, you'll see that most will recommend Aikido, Hapkido, Wing Chun, most of the other Chinese arts and all of the Reality Based Martial Arts. Good luck.
    Not really, I just suggested Aikido and got attacked on here by multiple users.

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 10:39am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arise View Post
    The baddest man alive :
    I just wikid Steven and discovered that his dad was Jewish...WTF? i always thought the dude had some exotic background...
    Last edited by erezb; 11/21/2012 10:46am at .

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 10:45am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was sarcasm, and your suggestion was ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 10:47am

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me remove the sarcasm for you

"If you stick around here long enough, you'll see that most will recommend AVOIDING Aikido, Hapkido, Wing Chun, most of the other Chinese arts and all of the Reality Based Martial Arts. Good luck".

Bullshido is definitely in favour of systems where the practitioners prove the system works though fighting resisting opponents of their own system or better a different system

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 11:17am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Charles Brown's post was sarcasm. If that's not immediately clear to you then you might want to spend a little time reading through the site before posting. Unless you want to rage quit or don't mind the ridicule.

2. There are plenty of martial art themed websites where you can go and post any kind of nonsense fantasy bullshit about various martial arts and it is against the rules for people to be overly critical. This site is not one of them.

What makes Bullshido unique is- more or less- it's tendency to apply the scientific method to martial arts in general. Something either works in a non compliant pressure situation or it does not. In addition anecdotal evidence is not accepted as proof. That story about your grand master, or best friend's deadly uncle, or secret deadly assassin you met in the jungles or Borneo, killing ten people at once with their bare hands is going to need some video to back it up. Otherwise it will be discarded as complete bullshit.

You may think this is harsh but ask yourself how many bullshit stories you have heard about various martial art styles before and you will see why we cannot just believe yours without a shred of objective evidence.

Because no one is advocating going out and getting in a street fight to prove yourself objective evidence usually comes in the way of sparring. Whether it is striking, grappling, or a combination of both, the important thing is that you are not practicing set patterns with a predetermined outcome but applying your skills against an opponent who is actively trying to keep you from applying your skills and whose attacks are random as opposed to predetermined in nature.

This is why arts like boxing, wrestling, judo, BJJ, Muay Thai, and other competition based styles are held in high regard where styles like aikido are generally not.

If you can supply some evidence of people apply aikido against fully resisting opponents then that will help validate your position that it is a useful and effective style. If not, then not.

Incidentally there are aikido tournaments where they practice a limited form of sparring and guess what, it stops looking like aikido and starts looking like sloppy judo. Prompting the conclusion that those fancy wrist locks don't actually perform as they are trained. But this is something you would already instinctively know if you ever tried any similar techniques against a non compliant opponent yourself.

Lastly, before you declare us all a bunch of keyboard warriors and rage quit the site, many of us either compete or have competed in one martial art or another and members here organize throwdowns where people get together and spar.

You could just call us a bunch of assholes before you rage quit and for the most part you would be right, but we're not a bunch of dumb assholes, which is what you are by recommending someone practice aikido to help with real world fighting skills.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calm down no one attacked 'you'..the opinion was 'attacked', see the many posts above telling you where you went wrong..politely by the standards of this site btw.

This is why in my first response I recommended you read more on the forums so you can get a sense of how things are here.

Hang out for a bit read about and you will learn ****, a lot of experienced, knowledgeable and occasionally rude people will be happy to help you out, it may ( like MA ) may hurt a little.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 11:38am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do understand the problem with this post and saying:
    Really? I didn't know that Aikido is an "imaginary" or useless martial art. Seriously man wtf. It seems to be pretty effective. Even though I train Shou Shu Kung Fu, but still
    Basically, you argued for something you haven't trained. That's like recommending a car, to someone, when you have never driven it at all.

Hey guys!
    I'm new. Since I do not understand the culture of the website you hurt my feeling and are all troll as is the website.
    Fixed.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another way of saying you learned relatively nothing.

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems to be pretty effective.
    No. Just read up around the site and cleanse yourself of this evil. DO IT!

Have you tried them in a real fight? Against someone who is actually trying to injure you?

Another troll site, oh well.
    You shut up. You shut the **** up. Shut your fucking face you fucking stupid ****.

You go to hell and you die!
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/21/2012 12:14pm at .
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast