Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 6:46am

Style: Taekwondo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arise View Post
    If your strength already gives you an advantage, I would recommend a style that doesnt rely much on strength. That way you get a whole different insight that will make you better. Try something like Aikido, you will learn good wrist lock techniques and throws that can cripple your opponent without so much strength involved. It would allow you to be more well rounded in fighting. Thats my opinion anyway.
    He's not gonna beat pikeys with harmony...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 7:12am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your strength already gives you an advantage, I would recommend a style that doesnt rely much on strength. That way you get a whole different insight that will make you better. Try something like Aikido, you will learn good wrist lock techniques and throws that can cripple your opponent without so much strength involved. It would allow you to be more well rounded in fighting. Thats my opinion anyway.
    My impression from the OP is he wants to train stuff that works in a fight..not imagine he can.
    Read the thread dude..in fact read alot more of this site.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 7:59am

Style: Shou Shu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    My impression from the OP is he wants to train stuff that works in a fight..not imagine he can.
    Read the thread dude..in fact read alot more of this site.
    Really? I didn't know that Aikido is an "imaginary" or useless martial art. Seriously man wtf. It seems to be pretty effective. Even though I train Shou Shu Kung Fu, but still

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 8:42am

Style: MMA, Hoshinsul

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you practice any MA and think Aikido can be effective, you should probably think about changing MA...

how much sparring do you participate in?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 8:47am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? I didn't know that Aikido is an "imaginary" or useless martial art. Seriously man wtf. It seems to be pretty effective. Even though I train Shou Shu Kung Fu, but still

Sorry man, Aikido has failed time and time again when compared with other martial arts as a scientific control. I'm not saying all aikido is bad, but the training consists of dead patterns with no resistance, thus leading a practitioner to believe his techniques work without having actually achieved any of them on a resisting opponent.

If you have evidence of a more effective aikido being applied against resisting opponents, please share with us.

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 8:58am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This here is what we call a Troll.
    btw OP what was your impression of those boxing travelers? if they where actually boxing. Go ask a local doorman, find a smallish one and ask him what he thinks will work good. The best IMO will be kickboxing (or MT) crossed with some grappling art like judo, or wrestling or BJJ. Boxing will do great too if you are not inclined to kick. You need to stick to it though for quite some time before you see significant difference.
    On a side note, you are very young, and as such, stupid. You keep fighting like that you are going to get into trouble. Either violent trouble or with the law. BTW take your small friend with you, the one that gets you both into fights. He needs to start taking care of himself better.

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 9:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    **** a duck, how vieux are you?
    You can call me "area 51".

Some mornings, my knee and various other decades-overtrained joints feel several centuries older. Way it goes.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 9:28am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes seriously. Aikido ( as generally currently taught ) is considered 'compliant' here. This means it is never properly tested by fully resistant opponents. 'Blending' and 'moving with' an opponent are real abilities but must be trained against non compliant people who are also trying to hit you..its like saying doing taiji push hands teaches you how to fight. It doesn't.

Again read more of the threads on this site.

This one is relevant to you:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27171

Also try this one:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=Aikido

Then search others pertaining to aliveness.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 9:31am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Southpaw View Post
    If you practice any MA and think Aikido can be effective, you should probably think about changing MA...

He does Shou Shou..he's very dangerous.. probably to himself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2012 9:33am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Southpaw View Post

Indeed. The only people I've ever heard sing the praises of aikido are either aikidokas (is that the correct term?) themselves or people who have never done martial arts who watched an aikido demonstration somewhere and thought it was real.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast