Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 10:04am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I would imagine that the leather rope would be a bit heavier than the vinyl rope which could explain why you have trouble keeping a constant rhythm with it.

You must eat like a horse with that schedule!
    That could be it about the rope.

About my diet, I'm on a 7 meal a day diet. Basically here's a breakdown of what I eat each day:

Weekdays:

Breakfast 4.30am - High fibre cereal & dried fruits, yoghurt, banana, fruit juice & coffee;

Post gym workout meal 7am - Protein shake and my supplements (multivitamin with iron; glucosamine; cod liver oil; creatine);

2nd breakfast (Yeah I'm a Lord of the Rings nerd, lol) 8.30am - 1 large & 1 small can of tuna in olive oil; 1 small can of sweetcorn;

Mid morning meal 11am - 1 Apple & 1 Orange;

Lunch 1pm - Chicken breast, brown rice, mixed veg & olive oil;

Mid afternoon meal 3.30pm - Cereal & dried fruit;

Evening meal (post martial arts class) 8.30/9pm - Beef, fresh salad & olive oil

On Saturdays I load more on carbs, taking porridge for breakfast, 2 bananas in between my MMA & BJJ classes; and then a pasta dish in the afternoon once training is completed.

Sunday's my cheat day where I can indulge in a bit of alcohol and my sweet tooth, hehe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 10:07am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm so glad I don't have to clean your toilet.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 2:50pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, man. Do you train full-time or do you squeeze work into that schedule too?

Regarding the rope, I'm of the mind that a jump rope is a jump rope, but the vinyl one might be a little easier to learn on, and easier to keep rhythm with. Keep at it and you'll be fine, even if it does get aggravating(and it will). It could be worse, though. In Thailand we used plastic tubing from a hardware store attached with bolts to thick wooden handles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 4:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I'm so glad I don't have to clean your toilet.

LOL good one :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 4:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Damn, man. Do you train full-time or do you squeeze work into that schedule too?

Regarding the rope, I'm of the mind that a jump rope is a jump rope, but the vinyl one might be a little easier to learn on, and easier to keep rhythm with. Keep at it and you'll be fine, even if it does get aggravating(and it will). It could be worse, though. In Thailand we used plastic tubing from a hardware store attached with bolts to thick wooden handles.
    Hehe, I wish I trained full time mate. I squeeze in time for the gym before work, and then drive to my martial arts class straight after. I discovered these martial arts late, so need to work extra hard if I wanna become good enough to compete before I'm too old to do so. I'm willing to put in the sweat and pain though so I don't mind one bit :)

I tried one of my friends' vinyl ropes today at the gym and I must say I found it easier to keep a rythm with it than my own leather one, so I'll probably purchase one for myself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12