Gives me a migrane.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/19/2012 7:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Some of his soldiers found their conscience, that's true. And when he proved a convienent scapegoat, he was hung out to dry, just like every other "isolated incident", from My Lai to Abu Ghraib. But don't think for a moment that the killing of civilians was above the USA's policies in the war (which you didn't know happened until you wiki'd it, didn't you?).

While in the process of suppressing Phillipine's aspirations towards independence (after pillorying the Spanish for the same deed), the American soldiers herded civilians into concentration camps. This, again, is a fact established by evidence, not by consensus and historical amnesia (the school of thought you've been cheerleading for in a sexy outfit since you glommed onto this thread).

This use of concentration camps/hamletting (a tactic that would find later use in Vietnam) killed many civilians by way of rampant disease and malnutrition. Anyone who went more than 600-800 yards from the camps were shot on sight in the "free fire zones".

http://web.archive.org/web/200906220...ticle9315.html
    http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Secret...rts_of_Cruelty
    http://books.google.com/books?id=Zj6...page&q&f=false
    http://philippineamericanwar.webs.co...stholdouts.htm

Which is not a protestation of Japanese innocence (i'm not a weeaboo) but acknowledgement of the reality that if you're going to go on a rant about the Greater East Asia Co Prosperity Sphere, you'd damn well better know what your own government was doing at the time and where the Emperor got his playbook from.
    ooh ooh, while we're on about history left out of US history books, can we talk about how everyone took turns fucking over indonesia too? that story has everything! the dutch (they're so vierd, even when they colonize!) japanese run forced labor death camps, indonesians selling out their own people to get favor with the conquerers, mass murder, and the best part? the ones who sold out their people? their families are essentially still in political power there, and run all the major industries!

look, most countries have done terrible things, both in times of war, and peace. most religions have advocated killing in the name of their god at some point, and most cultures are guilty of slavery, inequality, and generally evil **** at one point or another. even buddhists are doing some fucked up ****, like setting boatloads of starving muslims out to drift in the open sea and die. humans are a pretty sorry lot, if you ask me.

i feel the most legitimate complaint that can be raised after the fact (after prosecuting individual war criminals when possible) is that these issues are often glossed over in history books. japan has been very guilty of this, but they are hardly alone, and even history books that do cover these atrocities often do not go into nearly enough detail.

so people can get all worked up over a flag, or a symbol, or a word, but really they should be demanding that the history is taught, so that the coming generations are aware of the history, and can decide what direction they want their country to go into, taking into account the mistakes of their ancestors. that's the only way that we have any chance at getting any better at not killing each other all the time.

so say you're korean, and you hate japan for the war crimes. you get upset when a small group of fanatics march around and wave a flag, and go to a shrine to war dead. i don't think hating japan is a very productive way to move forward, and think you should focus your hate on *those douchebag fanatics*, or the education system that keeps information out of history books.

better yet, if you really want to **** with the ultra right wing japanese imperialists, befriend japanese people. spend time in japan. i have. it's fun, and it's their worst nightmare. when i am in tokyo and the right wingers come driving by in their van with the speakers on top blasting their hate, i wave and give them a big smile. it really pisses them off.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2012 8:05pm

Style: Taekkyon Kudo MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Have you context for the images?
    the first picture is an example of ultra rightist gentlemen cosplaying as the Imperial Army/Navy at a Shinto Shrine (probably Yasukuni).

the second is a anti-Korea/China demonstration, but I forgot what the riot was for.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/19/2012 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    most countries have done terrible things, both in times of war, and peace. most religions have advocated killing in the name of their god at some point, and most cultures are guilty of slavery, inequality, and generally evil **** at one point or another. even buddhists are doing some fucked up ****, like setting boatloads of starving muslims out to drift in the open sea and die. humans are a pretty sorry lot, if you ask me.
    War is Hell. Peace is subjective. Religion is political. You nailed it; most cultures are guilty of something. Humans are imperfect beings and all we can do is make the best of our time on this earth.

If we can select leaders who abhor slavery and inequality, we will have taken a step in the right direction. Bitching about symbols isn't productive; that flag doesn't hate, discriminate, enslave or kill. The body that the flag supposedly represents and their policies are the issues at hand.

Posted On:
    11/19/2012 8:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Humans are imperfect beings and all we can do is make the best of our time on this earth.
    Its more -
    Only a limited amount of resources are available
    If it comes down to either you or me I will do what it takes to make sure that me and mine have the warm bed and hot meal.
    Also if it comes down to me having a luxury sports car or you having shelter well guess who has an Audi S4.

Posted On:
    11/19/2012 8:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what, I'm going to reverse my stance completely.

I bet this is a huge political statment by GSP. Homeboy just threw down the gauntlet.

He won't stop winning until Russia gives back the northern islands! BONZAI!!!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2012 10:28pm

Style: It's complicated.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    BLECH! I don't want to be a hater but that gi looks like an expensive version of all the super-tacky flashy gis that I've seen come out of the bullshido-est JJJ mcdojos. Turrible! (I also wasn't a fan of Hayabusa's dragon print gi.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 12:19am

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a symbol, it can't hurt you.
    Folks around here need to lay off the caffeine, and take a breath.

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 1:11am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSamurai View Post
    It's a symbol, it can't hurt you.
    Folks around here need to lay off the caffeine, and take a breath.
    YOULAYOFFTHEFUCKINGCAFFEINEFUCKTHISSHITISHECTICICA N'TBELIEVEYOU'DCONDONETHISTYPEOFBEHAVIOURITISASYMB OLOFHATREDJUSTLIKETHENAZISALUTEyoudon'tknowwhatyou 'retalkingaboutdon'ttellmetotakeabreath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 1:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    You know what, I'm going to reverse my stance completely.

I bet this is a huge political statment by GSP. Homeboy just threw down the gauntlet.

He won't stop winning until Russia gives back the northern islands! BONZAI!!!!!!!!
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast