Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    That is one way to look at it. I understand that some generals estimated it will cost about 100000 American lives (or was it a million) to make Japan surrender (they estimated how hard they had to fight on the islands and the many casualties they suffered.)
    How did I know when I saw your name at the end of the thread you'd show up to toe the evidence-free party line?

That quote came from a rear echelon general who was overseeing the Manhattan Project. Japan's armed forces were broken, its reserves used up and the emperor was in negotiation with Stalin to surrender, something the USA already new about.

BTW you say the US is or was imperialistic...what about Japan?
    Of course they were imperialists, you parochial ****. They learned it from us. All those generals they rented from us and Europe weren't just teaching schoolchildren how to dress. Japan's post WW1 foreign policy (a time in which American soldiers were forcing Phillipino civilians into concentration camps and issuing orders like the one to "kill every man over the age of ten") was based on the Monroe Doctrine.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no crime in trying hard to be less offensive. If the symbol is a swastika i would expect from you not to sell it or wear it. If that symbol is the equivalent of a swastika than a "public figure" should not wear it.
    I'm not offended by symbols. They don't bother me. Maybe that's because I don't belong to any kind of repressed minority group except by the most tenuous possible connection (A few tiny drops of native american blood). I suppose I expect everyone else to operate under the same mindset that no one elses t-shirt slogan can possibly harm me, so why should I care?

I guess some people just can't manage that though...

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no crime in trying hard to be less offensive. If the symbol is a swastika i would expect from you not to sell it or wear it.
    It is always a good idea to try to be less offensive. I came from training one night wearing a Yin & Yang shirt; never expecting anyone to get bent about it. A middle-aged lady in a ankle-length skirt with her hair up in a bun stepped to me. She pointed to my shirt and told me that it was a wicked symbol of Asian culture and made some comment referring to me as a heathen.

I thought to myself, if she is the Bible-thumpin, church-goin, Christian that she is supposed to be, she would have just let it go. When I walked or biked through that neighborhood, I wore plain, white t-shirts from that night on.
    If that symbol is the equivalent of a swastika than a "public figure" should not wear it.
    He is sort of a "public figure", if I were offended by the symbol, I would boycott his sponsors or change the channel when he is featured. Ignorance is something you cannot cure, racism and bigotry are in the same category.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's a military flag, and yes, people will get butt hurt about it. i think there are legitimate uses of the symbol that people shouldn't be criticized for. my dojo is connected with kokushikan university in japan (a military university, like west point) and it is one of the top judo universities in japan. the rising sun is incorporated in the kokushikan logo, and therefore also in our dojo's logo.

there is no hint of japanese nationalism in our dojo (i am probably the most pro-japan person there) and we have a very diverse group training there, so it would be silly to say that we are a bunch of crazed japanese nationalists, just as it would be silly to say that we shouldn't use the logo because... "baka gaijin" or "otaku" or some such.

we're talking about old symbols that have been used in different times for different purposes. as a jew, i can tell the difference between a nazi skinhead wearing a swastika, a buddhist wearing a swastika, and sid vicious or lemmy wearing a swastika. i can understand context, and react accordingly.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 5:01pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    So i guess my boardshorts are a no-go too then?

Depends. Are you a militant Japanese imperialist?

If you're a Chinese dude, well yeah. That'd be like a black guy wearing confederate battle flag shorts.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 5:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post

If you're a Chinese dude, well yeah. That'd be like a black guy wearing confederate battle flag shorts.
    I'm Chinese and Hawai'ian, and i grew up in the Marianas.

Now of course, the rising sun is pretty much on my ass when you're not even supposed to put someone's "meishi" in your back pocket.
    So isn't it more like a black guy calling a friend "mah niggah"?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 5:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No.
    so you bitch about suffering from racism or what have you and you say only blacks and Latins racism is acknowledged (probably because they also bitch about it? not just those jews milking stuff?) and than you make it sound like the jews are in the wrong for "milking" their suffering.
    What the **** does this even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Everything is offensive to someone. If you pulled EVERY symbol that made some crybaby weep with the imagined pain of his ancestors then we would all be walking around in unadorned beige jumpsuits.
    Except this is offensive to the majority of the population on the planet, dude. The western world gets their **** all up in a bunch when a swastika shows up anywhere. But then gets, "OH JUST CHILL OUT, IT'S ONLY A SYMBOL." when the rising sun flag shows up. I'm not trying to point out the obvious hypocrisy here. My point is that, it's more than just the hypocrisy, its just that Asian war crime victims are absolutely not given half a **** about. Nobody cares.

I laugh at all the attention that the middle east gets. I'm like, "HOLY ****. THOSE PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY RIOT AGAINST THEIR GOVERNMENT!!!!"

Try telling people in Cambodia, Laos or Thailand to revolt. See what they do.

I'm seriously considering getting a pair of these shorts now.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 5:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the modern age of perception-equals-reality, it's all about fashion.

Rising-Sun emblems can look awesome depending on where they're placed.

Ditto Swastikas.

Confederate Flags, meanwhile, are the only thing one can wear on a ballcap that gives such headwear any substance at all. They're symmetrical, unlike the star-bungled spooner, and therefore have an aesthetic balance the stars'n'stripes sadly lacks.

Also, SS and Gestapo uniforms are the summit of where form meets function in terms of apparel. A properly-rigid posture, when garbed in such wonders of design, all but guarantees a receptive attitude amongst long-legged frauleins.

When people ask me whether I am a racist, I respond: A racist? You seek to wound me by damning me with faint praise! I am THE racist. I vote far-right (Front National) and network far-right (Identitaire). Why? They're focussed, bitch. Sick of parties which have no direction? Far-right is the way to go. Also, the aforementioned stylin' duds and pretty flags. Y'all want pretty? Go far-right.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 5:47pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    I'm seriously considering getting a pair of these shorts now.
    Confederate battle flag ones, or the Nisshoki?

Just **** with everyone and get shorts/a gi with this:

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 6:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Confederate battle flag ones, or the Nisshoki?

Just **** with everyone and get shorts/a gi with this:

How about this one?

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast