Posted On:
    11/18/2012 12:50pm

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: GSP and his "Rising Sun" Gi

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I'm just saying it was an ugly looking uniform.
    Amen. We should go with Phrost's idea and make a swastika gi with a Bullshido bull over the left breast.

He did say that, right?
    Start a training log!

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So i guess my boardshorts are a no-go too then?

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kind of a crummy endorsment choice IMHO. I highly doubt that GSP is deep into the Kokka Shugi thing so he is probably blissfully un-aware of of how hurtful and alienating that symbol would be to most of Asia and the Pacific rim. Korea, China the Philipines...

There's a lot of places around there where the meatball is just not cool.

That said, GSP isn't even wearing a proper meatball. It's black and possitioned more as a stylish design than a logo. Doesn't look like a flag to me. Would we be having this conversation if they used the imperial mum' instead? Probably not...

But I can still see how people in countries occupied durring WWII would find this about as tasteful as that Hoelzer Reich shite is.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/18/2012 1:49pm at .

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Maybe we need a swastika gi?

For balance
    Ask and ye shall receive!

IMHO the Buddhists got a raw deal on that swazi thing....

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    so what is the statute of limitations on this kind of thing?

The Japanese were bad, but they got a couple of nukes for thier sins, so move on Korea.
    That's a complete non-sequitor and grade school level argument. Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't revenge killings for the occupation of Korea or the slaughter of Nanking. My government didn't give two warm squirts about those things, except incidentally as anti-Japanese propaganda.

The civilians of Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Tokyo (168,000 in one day) were killed to force Japan into a quicker surrender so they wouldn't go into the post war world as allies of the USSR. It was nothing more than a simple, brutal display of imperialist realpolitik. It had nothing to do with high minded ideals.

Edit: Incidentally, yes the rising sun flag is offensive. I don't think anyone knows that in Quebec though.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything is offensive to someone. If you pulled EVERY symbol that made some crybaby weep with the imagined pain of his ancestors then we would all be walking around in unadorned beige jumpsuits.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:14pm

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    That's a complete non-sequitor and grade school level argument. Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't revenge killings for the occupation of Korea or the slaughter of Nanking. My government didn't give two warm squirts about those things, except incidentally as anti-Japanese propaganda.

The civilians of Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Tokyo (168,000 in one day) were killed to force Japan into a quicker surrender so they wouldn't go into the post war world as allies of the USSR. It was nothing more than a simple, brutal display of imperialist realpolitik. It had nothing to do with high minded ideals.

Edit: Incidentally, yes the rising sun flag is offensive. I don't think anyone knows that in Quebec though.
    That is one way to look at it. I understand that some generals estimated it will cost about 100000 American lives (or was it a million) to make Japan surrender (they estimated how hard they had to fight on the islands and the many casualties they suffered.) So they decided to go "crazy" and actually save a lot of lives from both sides. Apparently during conventional bombings that caused those huge fires, more people died than from the nucks..But that is down played. BTW you say the US is or was imperialistic...what about Japan?

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:23pm

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Everything is offensive to someone. If you pulled EVERY symbol that made some crybaby weep with the imagined pain of his ancestors then we would all be walking around in unadorned beige jumpsuits.
    There is no crime in trying hard to be less offensive. If the symbol is a swastika i would expect from you not to sell it or wear it. If that symbol is the equivalent of a swastika than a "public figure" should not wear it.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I'm not offended by the fact that the British basically enslaved my ancestors (albeit indentured servitude). If the events had not transpired exactly as they did, I wouldn't even be here.

Everything happens for a purpose, and I'm not going to whine about **** that happened over 400 years ago. I just try to treat people as decent as they allow me to today.

The problem is when people revel in the display of symbols of hate today. The cross-wheel, swastika, rising sun, etc. aren't going to be decorating walls in my home, but if someone has personal convictions and thinks that **** is cool, oh well.

Last edited by slamdunc; 11/18/2012 2:34pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeWalker View Post
    Being an otaku is not a sin. Ignorance is.
    Ignorance is not a sin unless you refuse to learn. Many people are ignorant. I can go get some of your posts, my posts and Sirc's post to prove my point.
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast