Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 8:25pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    is the swastika being flown by the germans now?
    Will post longer response later to other points. Quick response to this one.

Although it is illegal to fly Swastika in Germany and some European countries. But answer is yes, some germans still fly Swastika as symbol of hate. Just like some Japanese fly rising sun in same way some white power groups fly Swastika.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post
    Will post longer response later to other points. Quick response to this one.

Although it is illegal to fly Swastika in Germany and some European countries. But answer is yes, some germans still fly Swastika as symbol of hate. Just like some Japanese fly rising sun in same way some white power groups fly Swastika.
    you know damn well i meant the army. who cares what flag some lunatic fringe groups fly?

and phrost, i totally agree. hate the GSP gi cause it's tacky. my issue here is that my dojo is associated with kokushikan university in japan, and their symbol as well as ours incorporates the rising sun into the design. it's a former *military* university and it uses the military flag.

i refuse to be labeled some sort of racist, or given a hard time for training under the rising sun logo. it's absurd.
    Last edited by Ming Loyalist; 3/25/2013 9:02pm at .
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 10:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post
    Will post longer response later to other points.
    Please do, laughing-gas. Can't wait to read it.

Although it is illegal to fly Swastika in Germany and some European countries. But answer is yes, some germans still fly Swastika as symbol of hate.
    How many? "Some" could mean a dozen...or just two.

Just like some Japanese fly rising sun...
    Well geez, what are you waiting for? Go tell them to stop! Right now!

If you're not already en route, one can only assume that you just don't care about their victims. Hell, your lack of definitive action suggests that you might be...an Imperial Japanese collaborator. How could you sell out all those victims? What are you going to do next, re-establish Unit 731? Traitor! Monster! Fucking War Criminal!

...in same way some white power groups fly Swastika.
    Well, once you've convinced the entire Japanese Marine Self-Defence Force, the Yakuza and various Japanese far-right fringe groups to stop hoisting the Rising-Sun, just head on over to the Evil Underground Lair Of White Power and do likewise regarding the Swastika. No doubt they'll receive you and your offended sensibilities as warmly as did the Japanese you visited.

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 10:53pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For posterity.

Since Georges St-Pierre wore our walkout gi at UFC 158 we have received attention surrounding the negative connotation of the rising sun graphic used. The last thing we want is to offend or alienate anyone with the choice of design on our products.

We at Hayabusa have the utmost respect for culture and history and appreciate all of our customers worldwide. As such, we accept full responsibility for this design and are taking all complaints and comments very seriously.

The gi worn by GSP will not be brought to market. In addition, we will be very conscious of this specific design element when developing future communication materials and products.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any offence this has caused. If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at customerservice@hayabusafightwear.com. One of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Craig Clement
    Co-President
    Hayabusa Fightwear Inc.
    https://www.facebook.com/HayabusaMMA...44417908935731
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 12:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From "The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung:

Dear Mr. Georges St. Pierre

Hi, My name is Chan Sung Jung from South Korea. As one of many Koreans who like you as an incredible athlete, I feel like I should tell you that many Korean fans, including myself, were shocked to see you in your gi designed after the Japanese ‘Rising Sun Flag’. For Asians, this flag is a symbol of war crimes, much like the German Hakenkreuzflagge. Did you know that? I hope not.

Just like Nazis, the Japanese also committed atrocities under the name of ‘Militarism’. You can easily learn what they’ve done by googling (please do), although it’s only the tiny tip of an enormous iceberg.

Furthermore, the Japanese Government never gave a sincere apology, and still to this day, so many victims are dying in pain, heartbroken, without being compensated. But many westerners like to wear clothes designed after the symbol under which so many war crimes and so much tragedy happened, which is ridiculous.

I know most of them are not militarists. I know most of them do not approve unjustified invasion, torture, massacre, etc. They’re just ignorant. It’s such a shame that many westerners are not aware of this tragic fact. Wearing Rising Sun outfits is as bad as wearing clothes with the Nazi mark on it, if not worse.

Since you’re influenced by Japanese Martial Arts, you’re wearing a headband designed after Japanese flag is understandable. But again, that huge ‘Rising Sun’ on your Gi means something else.

Many people say GSP is the best Welterweight fighter throughout history, to which I totally agree. This means you have a great influence on every single fan of yours all around the world. And I do believe you’re wearing ‘the symbol of War Crime’ is a very bad example for them, not to mention for yourself.

So, what do you reckon?
    Do you want to wear the same Gi next time as well?
    https://www.facebook.com/koreanzombieMMA

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

As you can see the Rising Sun flag is STILL in use as an official military flag. Are you trying to say every Japanese soldier is a racist war monger proud of the war crimes committed?

Going back to the Swastika is it still in use in an official military capacity? No? Great now you can see the difference between the two symbols.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

As you can see the Rising Sun flag is STILL in use as an official military flag. Are you trying to say every Japanese soldier is a racist war monger proud of the war crimes committed?

Going back to the Swastika is it still in use in an official military capacity? No? Great now you can see the difference between the two symbols.
    Germans are more considerate and have better taste?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a thread about the same thing: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120289

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    One could accept this premise AND condemn it for its original use AND condemn the modern Japanese military for continuing to use it without being internally inconsistent.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    One could accept this premise AND condemn it for its original use AND condemn the modern Japanese military for continuing to use it without being internally inconsistent.
    One certainly could. However until the Japanese military stop using it, it is hard to separate those out who are showing support to the Japanese military and those who are celebrating their deeds during WW2.