solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Nope completely relevant. You want to argue country vs political party go ahead. You brought in the examples of Multi-country atrocities and flags, then say apples and oranges. Okay, We will disagree. All people do not draw the separation you do. Both are fruit again perspective.
    i can and did argue that one is the flag of a country and the other a flag of a political party.

if you can show me a period when the swastika was used by the german army other than during the nazi regime, then you will have proved me wrong. otherwise you have not.

simply telling me that you disagree does not disprove my argument. they do have a right to be offended, certainly, but unless you can prove me wrong, my point stands.

also i would like to hear your reasoning that the US flag or UK flag is *any more or less offensive* from the rising sun flag, and why they should be thought of any differently.

No, they are not wrong.
    again, they are wrong to *equate* the two, as they are not equivalent. if you disagree, then prove that they *are* by disproving my point.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 11:17am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go re-read my first post AGAIN, read that last sentence where I agree with your point and only question your comment of it being BULLSHIT for them to think that way.

So, if you are still confused let me know. Then we can debate on level ground. I was being an ass when you missed that we agreed. So, i sarcastically said ' well we will disagree."
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/25/2013 11:20am at .

On hiatus

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 11:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 12:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, that was on the bullshido Facebook yesterday.

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 12:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF, i see what you are saying, and we mostly agree. mostly.

as for this....

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    let's take a look...

For Asians, this flag is a symbol of war crimes, much like the German Hakenkreuzflagge
    <sarcasm mode>
    wow i didn't realize that he was speaking for all asians, that changes everything. i must have missed the day when we was elected the representative of every asian on the planet, and when he gained the magic skill to know the thoughts of every asian on the planet.

my wife will be thrilled to know that he thinks and speaks for her so she doesn't have to.
    </sarcasm>

he could have said "For *many* Asians" or "For *many* Koreans", "For *many* Chinese", "For *many* Filipinos" or "For *many* Indonesians", and he would have been correct, but he did not, he said "For Asians."
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 12:08pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We can discuss the hair splitting, but it will really amount to a semantics based disagreement that is better used on trolls.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 1:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i can respect that choice, but *only* if you also refuse to wear the US flag, the UK flag, the french flag, the spanish flag, the german flag, etc. because they are all offensive to some group, and have all been flown in times of atrocity.

to put the rising sun in a different category than the rest of those would be extremely ignorant. to do what many koreans do and to equate the rising sun with the swastika is laughable and shows a mind led by emotion and with an alarming lack of logical thought.

people have a right to be offended. thats *their* hang up. to make statements like equating the rising sun with the swastika, and to say that anyone using the rising sun today is flying a racist symbol? bullshit. utter bullshit.
    I will state right off the top that I don't know enough about this subject, is the Rising Sun like GSP like a Swastika - directly associated with a particularly nasty ideology or is it like the Iron cross which was part of German military history way before the Nazi's and had more to do with valour on the battle field than following a particular belief system.

The things is as neither a Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Asian person I don't think it's up to me to decide either way. And knowing how some people feel I would opt not to wear it.

As a Jew and dual US Canadian I have more knowledge and opinion on German and North American symbols and can make a more informed decision.

My point being GSP is in the same boat and knowing now that rightly or wrongly Koreans and Chinese people might view the rising sun the way I would view a swastika is that it would be douchey to keep wearing it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 3:11pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While the Imperial Flag represents a time period and not a distinct political party, I think the fact that era saw Japan do a bunch of horrible **** means it is indeed a symbol that should be avoided. Stuff like the Massacre of Nanking happened while Japan was rocking this flag, and people alive today went through that. Its impossible to imagine going through something like that unless we've gone through it ourselves, but we should respect that and not sport these symbols IMO.

That being said, I'm sure GSP doesn't know and has no bad intentions behind rocking the gi. I just hope someone tells him soon, he seems like a nice enough guy to no longer wear it if he found out.

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 3:15pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    While the Imperial Flag represents a time period and not a distinct political party, I think the fact that era saw Japan do a bunch of horrible **** means it is indeed a symbol that should be avoided. Stuff like the Massacre of Nanking happened while Japan was rocking this flag, and people alive today went through that. Its impossible to imagine going through something like that unless we've gone through it ourselves, but we should respect that and not sport these symbols IMO.

That being said, I'm sure GSP doesn't know and has no bad intentions behind rocking the gi. I just hope someone tells him soon, he seems like a nice enough guy to no longer wear it if he found out.
    so you feel the same way about the US & UK flags?

how about brown shirts, the nazis wore those, should no one ever wear a brown shirt? how far do you take it?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about using this symbol of plundering rapists?